Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Re: Skub

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

It's either a new way to join the KKK and also not wear a hip pouch or it's somethign you hang on the wall and put clothes in?

I don't get the importance, either way.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

It's something you put on the bar that hangs in a closet. You put it on the bar, then put the bar in the closet. You can put your shoes and stuff like that in it.
Did I get it?
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Well, I for one am pro-Skub.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I'm undecided on the Skub.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
technomancer
Journeyman

Post by technomancer »

I'm anti-Skub all the way.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

technomancer at [unixtime wrote:1200186947[/unixtime]]I'm anti-Skub all the way.

Oh, it's ON!

Skub: Serious fucking business
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I think the most amusing part of the page was the fact that the question lady is named Anna.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

As a joke the skub comic is about as good as the companion cube, since it gets message board posters to act ironic about something they're doing anyway.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Exactly. The number of times I've seen it brought up in the middle of alignment threads and "Warhammer vs Warmachine" threads is astounding.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

The people who bring it up are trying to say "Shut the fuck up! You're arguing about fucking Skub, why the fuck are you so stupid?"

Only they probably intend to use "fuck" less.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

"Companion cube"?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
technomancer
Journeyman

Post by technomancer »

It's weighted.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

It's from Portal. And remember: It won't ever speak to you. On the off chance that it does speak to you, don't listen to it. But that's not important, because it won't speak to you anyway. We at Apeture science guarantee it.
Crissa
King

Re: World. Mad. Why?

Post by Crissa »

Has the world gone mad, anyhow?

Braawndo is now real. People gawk at Crazy Frog, Holly Dolly forms a cult following, and Gummibär is playing in the movie theater.

It's... Why?

-Crissa

[FLASH=425,373,false,#ffffff]http://www.youtube.com/v/nR3Ny0tgHfc&rel=1&border=1[/FLASH]
Crazy Frog: Axel f aka 'Most Annoying Thing'

[FLASH=425,373,false,#ffffff]http://www.youtube.com/v/astISOttCQ0&rel=1&border=1[/FLASH]
Gummibär as seen in theaters
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1200262046[/unixtime]]As a joke the skub comic is about as good as the companion cube, since it gets message board posters to act ironic about something they're doing anyway.

I haven't seen the companion cube brought up anywhere. Except the few times its been rule 34ed.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Draco_Argentum wrote:I haven't seen the companion cube brought up anywhere. Except the few times its been rule 34ed.

I've seen lots of people (not on this forum, thank god) touting the 'the companion cube is my best friend' thing supposedly ironically while forgetting that that is the very thing the companion cube is mocking.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

The Companion Cube wasn't mocking anything. It began as a way to get playtesters to realize they were supposed to bring it with them, and then they integrated it into the story as something that tells you that the testing facility has driven everyone who came before you insane.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

It can be both, and I'm pretty sure it's also a mocking of the way antisocial people latch on to inanimate objects for companionship.
(Of course, you could never admit as such in your making of, or you'd run off 90% of your playerbase.)

Similarly, the Skub comic is mocking the way message board users have huge arguments about nothing, which makes the way people are play-fighting the 'I hate skub. Have at thee!' highly ironic.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1200441526[/unixtime]]It can be both, and I'm pretty sure it's also a mocking of the way antisocial people latch on to inanimate objects for companionship.
(Of course, you could never admit as such in your making of, or you'd run off 90% of your playerbase.)

Similarly, the Skub comic is mocking the way message board users have huge arguments about nothing, which makes the way people are play-fighting the 'I hate skub. Have at thee!' highly ironic.

That's all well and good, but what we really want to know is if you're pro or anti-skub.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1200441526[/unixtime]]It can be both, and I'm pretty sure it's also a mocking of the way antisocial people latch on to inanimate objects for companionship.

Unsocial people. Antisocial people are the kind that are charged with "Drunk and Disorderly". They're the types of people who think they're being social, because their disruptive, violent behaviour is performed around other people.

People who just don't spend time with other people are merely unsocial or merely introverted.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1200379084[/unixtime]]...Gummibär...

-Crissa

I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Koumei wrote:Unsocial people. Antisocial people are the kind that are charged with "Drunk and Disorderly". They're the types of people who think they're being social, because their disruptive, violent behaviour is performed around other people.

People who just don't spend time with other people are merely unsocial or merely introverted.

Ok thanks :) Though I feel that calling people who never leave the house and spend all their time behind a computer merely unsocial is letting them off easy ;)
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1200379084[/unixtime]][FLASH=425,373,false,#ffffff]http://www.youtube.com/v/astISOttCQ0&rel=1&border=1[/FLASH]
Gummibär as seen in theaters
Argh! you got it stuck in my head.