Scrubs?!

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cielingcat
Duke

Re: Scrubs?!

Post by Cielingcat »

Ah, of course, why didn't I think of that?
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

I thought scrubs was a good enough show, until I realised it was only ONE show, as in the same episode, over and over, with the same lame (increasingly annoying) jokes, episode after episode, season after season.

Far worse in repetition than house.

Give me Arrested Development any day of the week.

Also, I have recently been watching Pushing Daisies. Early days yet but it is pretty cool.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

I haven't watched TV in months. Shooting people via the internet is more interactive and fun.
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

It took me absolutly forever to warm to House. Then, just like that, I figured it out.

The show, despite the title, is NOT about House. It's about the people around him, and how they choose to deal with this incredibly abrasive asshole who also happens to be a brilliant physician.

And House doesn't always end with the victim cured. I haven't seen alot of House (I intend to see more, but I'm a computer spud and the TV is in another room. My roomate has all three seasons), and I've seen at least one episode where the paitent dies before they can cure him/her. And from what I've seen, House's utter incapability to suffer fools means that oftentimes paitents leave with their lives more complicated than before.

-Desdan
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1195081375[/unixtime]]Yes, but House is likable.

Assuming you're not a crazy conservative.

Did I just hear my name indirectly called? :tongue:

Honestly I don't watch much TV at all, in fact I mostly watch no TV. I just don't have the time. (In fact everyone else says I don't have the time either. One of my friends once joked that I'm the organizational equivalent of a polygamist.)

I think I've glanced at House once. He strikes me as the arrogant bastard who thinks he is right and might actually be right and tells everyone else about it. (As opposed to a Muller type character who goes introverted and parinoid over it.) He strikes me as the anti-hero you want to hate but somehow like aka Thomas Covenant.
josephbt
Knight

Post by josephbt »

Draco_Argentum wrote:I haven't watched TV in months. Shooting people via the internet is more interactive and fun.

QFT

And House rocks. Scrubs gives me a feeling that it's for someone with ADD.
engi

Blood for the Blood God!
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Oh honestly, the secret to House is very simple.

The lead actor is doing a Black Adder impression.

The whole damn thing is "Black Adder the Doctor" only with a lot less jokes.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Black adder is more effimenate and less gruff though.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

It depends on the Blackadder generation. They're quite distinct. I'd say House is closest to Blackadder the second, who was the most openly disrespectful.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

My hatred for this show grows with every episode. I am forced to listen to this bullshit in the office due to the votes of my coworkers.

I have never wanted to smack any fictional characters in the mouth so freaking hard in any show I've watched. This includes Neon Genesis Evangelion.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

You should smack yourself in the mouth for watching Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

PhoneLobster at [unixtime wrote:1195161495[/unixtime]]Oh honestly, the secret to House is very simple.

The lead actor is doing a Black Adder impression.

The whole damn thing is "Black Adder the Doctor" only with a lot less jokes.

Which when you consider that House MD is actually in Black Adder makes it all the more bizarre. Of course, in Black Adder he is a bumbling comic relief character, but what are you going to do.

-Username17