12% of 1% of the population chose the President...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Crissa
King

12% of 1% of the population chose the President...

Post by Crissa »

...But the numbers were encouraging:

[url=http://www.groupnewsblog.net/2008/01/iowa-wrap-up.html wrote:Percentage of total vote[/url]]24.5% Obama
20.5% Edwards
19.8% Clinton
11.4% Huckabee (R)

MrWaeseL
Duke

Re: 12% of 1% of the population chose the President...

Post by MrWaeseL »

Congratulations to Barack "well, AS A BLACK MAN I feel that," Obama
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

I'm going to ignore the Republican caucus for the moment because the Republicans don't do the same thing as the Democrats do, but the Democratic Iowa caucus is generally unique in one aspect. It's not a secret ballot but a public affirmation of a candidate, with real pull and tug and last minute arguments by other real people. Therefore the Iowa caucus says something.

Ironically what it doesn't say is who is going to win either the nomination or the election. But for a moment, a brief moment, politics became local and personal. Not like those Stupid Tuesdays where candidates who can't flood 20 or more states at the same time with advertisements haven't got a snowball's chance in Key West of getting any significant percentages.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Certainly going to be interesting. Whoever comes next will have to pull out of Iraq. But pulling out of Iraq is going to be frought with peril if done by a democrat. The neocons have already promised that if we leave Iraq the terrorists will follow us home. And since the Bush administration hired ex-Death Squad members from Central America as mercenaries and gave them passports, the statement is literally true.

Just like in 2000, the neocons are threatening to destroy the country with civil war if they don't get their way. Of course, it hardly matters because them getting their way involves the country being destroyed regardless.

-Username17
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1199619627[/unixtime]]The neocons have already promised that if we leave Iraq the terrorists will follow us home.

Yep. They'll make sure the prophesy becomes reality.
Because, naturally, money talks and justice walks.

We really should cut back on the pessimism, though. Cmon.. have faith that the Good Guys will win! :thumb:

..whoever the Good Guys are? :ohwell:
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

There are no good guys; becoming a politician means that you must resort to propaganda and smear campaigns to win. Sticking by your beliefs, no matter how much harm they do to innocents, is completely optional, but nevertheless popular.
ckafrica
Duke

Post by ckafrica »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1199619627[/unixtime]]And since the Bush administration hired ex-Death Squad members from Central America as mercenaries and gave them passports, the statement is literally true.

Are these part of the private security firms?
The internet gave a voice to the world thus gave definitive proof that the world is mostly full of idiots.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

ckafrica at [unixtime wrote:1200052598[/unixtime]]
FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1199619627[/unixtime]]And since the Bush administration hired ex-Death Squad members from Central America as mercenaries and gave them passports, the statement is literally true.

Are these part of the private security firms?

I know that Blackwater is notorious for hiring people like that. By saying that, I'm not saying someone else isn't doing it too, they very well might be.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.