Bhutto has just been assassinated.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

tzor
Prince

Re: Bhutto has just been assassinated.

Post by tzor »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1198978392[/unixtime]]If we were under the Clinton Presidency, we'd be loaning out FBI forensics experts to UN teams and we'd really know.

:lol: That's a good one :lmao: I mean a really good onw :lol:

Oh wait, did you mean Bill or Hill?

Under Bill we might have sent two underfunded agents (Sculley and Muller) who would have no authority to actually do anything and would be loaded with paperwork trying to get even a single request from the government.

I'm not sure what we would get under Hill but you can expect a whole lot of double talk.

There is really nothing to investigate. It's a crowded scene; finding the bullet is going to be impossible (this is because from all accounts the bullet went straight through her; there are reports of "exit wounds" and also the official government denial that she was shot because they didn't find a bullet). In addition you have a government hostile towards finding the truth, they "know" the truth, why let facts possibly get in the way.

No, it's the grassy knoll all over again, only over there.

And really who the fuck cares? The guy suspended the constitution, replaced the supreme court with cronies and arrested all the lawyers (well one out of three isn't too bad) and the average person on the street did nothing. They are just using this as an excuse to do random violence. Democracy has been dead and buried there.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

The explanation I've heard for why the Pakistani government is claiming Bhutto died not from the assassin's weapons is to try to deny her a martyr's death in the popular mind.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Also, if she was killed by gunfire, rather than the explosion, means that conspiracy theorists (and they're rampant, in countries such as Pakistan and the middle east which are run by conspiracies) will talk about her guards or the military shooting her in the back during the attack.

...And the ones taking over in her name if she were a martyr won't necessarily do what she'd desired to do, even if they said it was.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson