Egyptians are greedy bastards.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Egyptians are greedy bastards.

Post by Sir Neil »

Turns out Haji attacked our hotel with AKs and a car bomb and our hosts didn't invite us to the counterattack.

A brisk little gunfight would have been a lot more fun than lying around the hotel room watching the Powerpuff Girls in Arabic. They were eating the broccoli aliens.

Klingons would never be so thoughtless: may'Daq ja HDI' Suvwl' juppu'Daj lonbe'!
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.
cthulhu
Duke

Re: Egyptians are greedy bastards.

Post by cthulhu »

what the hell?
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

Yeah, watching those little sweeties embrace cannibalism as a crime-fighting tool was pretty disturbing.
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

I more meant the hotel bit ;P Had a close call?
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

Nah. Didn't even find out about it until I saw a "hostile fire" bonus on my pay stub and WTF'd a squad leader.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Wish I got a bonus every time my life was in danger at my last job, I was almost killed on several occasions due to exposure to various poisonous gasses.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

what the hell was that klingon line?

And I take it you work some kind of security detail?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I don't like Egypt. They shoot Dafur refugees.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

I'm a US military policeman, Prak. "When you go into battle, don't abandon your friends."

My civilian jobs never paid for danger, either, Count. Oh, but I do have an amusing anecdote I can share: We took out the hotel's power system using our X-Boxes. Twice. Lights, elevators, everything.

Of course, we had to get new X-Boxes afterward...

Sigma, I don't like Egypt either. The water and half the food is poisonous, mosquitoes and flies are everywhere, and you can get a better view of the pyramids on the Discovery Channel.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Sir_Neil at [unixtime wrote:1197587937[/unixtime]]I'm a US military policeman, Prak. "When you go into battle, don't abandon your friends."

ah, ok. wasn't aware we had military personel in egypt... not surprised though.

My civilian jobs never paid for danger, either, Count. Oh, but I do have an amusing anecdote I can share: We took out the hotel's power system using our X-Boxes. Twice. Lights, elevators, everything.

Of course, we had to get new X-Boxes afterward...

lol.
Sigma, I don't like Egypt either. The water and half the food is poisonous, mosquitoes and flies are everywhere, and you can get a better view of the pyramids on the Discovery Channel.

y'know, the pyramids were the only reason I ever wanted to see egypt, but the fact that I couldn't just randomly wander around them, I have no desire to go. And this other stuff... yeah, remind to never go to egypt.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Egypt is pretty good imho, the pyramids are the elast intresting part easily. Things like the temple of luxor are good.

Mosquitoes and flies are seasonal.. go during winter. i was there nov/dec and it was peachy.

Food wise, it's another bloody nation that doesn't really understand food safety. However I got much more sick from food poisoning in thailand.

All the usual caveats apply, but remember it's not about good restaurants, its about *busy* ones.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I got sick in Puerto Rico 13 years ago. Fuck, that was a filthy city. They had the 'poor' districts walled off from the 'tourist' areas by concrete barriers, yet I could see buildings and entire blocks just half a mile away that looked like something out of an Iraqi warzone.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

cthulhu wrote:go during winter. i was there nov/dec and it was peachy.

I was in Ireland on Veteran's Day, and took a camel to the pyramids on Thanksgiving. Even four stories up, if we opened a window mosquitoes would be there to greet us.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Global warming.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
shau
Knight-Baron

Post by shau »

Sir Neil wrote:
I was in Ireland on Veteran's Day, and took a camel to the pyramids on Thanksgiving. Even four stories up, if we opened a window mosquitoes would be there to greet us

That is quite a long camel ride.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Good luck enforcing that one.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1198724486[/unixtime]]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7160057.stm
When I saw the name of this thread a few days ago, I thought that that was what it was about.