Nazis

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cielingcat
Duke

Re: Nazis

Post by Cielingcat »

How'd we get from Nazis to how crappy Australia is?
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Canberra is a bit weird, imagine what you'd get it you picked some random fields and moved all the public servants for a state/country there.

Thats what canberra is. Quite bizarre. Roads are nice though cause it's a planned city ;P
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

If you want to think of history consider this "Blond" moment in the history of my locale (founded in 1671 although technically it's just a post office name legally and crosses the town line). In 1700 tea arrived in Wading River. The locals had no idea what to do with these leaves, so they ate them on buttered bread. :disgusted:

Fortunately well to the south of us, on the other shore was (or rather in 1700 "will soon be born" as he wasn't born until 1734) the signer of the Declaration of Independence William Floyd.
josephbt
Knight

Post by josephbt »

Cielingcat wrote:How'd we get from Nazis to how crappy Australia is?

Inverse Godwin's Law.
engi

Blood for the Blood God!
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

No no, you got it wrong. It's City > State > Rest of the US > The South.

Pretty much always.

-Crissa
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1194924161[/unixtime]]I'd also comment about the nations of America and Israel becoming more like their supposed worst enemy (Nazis) but th- OH SHIT! Just did.

America I totally get, I mean, it's hard not to read about it. But Israel? This isn't the first time I've recently noticed someone mention them in this context. If we assume that they have a right to exist, I'm not sure what they're up to. Could someone elaborate?

I mean, they bombed something in Syria which may or may not have been justified and neither are going to say anything.
They're cutting the power to an area occupied by a terrorist organisation that's firing explodey things at them.
They have a very secretive military and may or may not have nuclear or bio-chemical weapons.

That's the worst I can come up with, and comparatively speaking, that's not too bad. So presumably there's something I don't know about. I'd like to know.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Israel operates Gaza as a pogrom. A "concentration camp" if you will. The explicit goals of the party in power is that Israel be kept intact (that is that they retain control of Gaza), and that the entire country be explicitly Jewish and have only Jews in it.

And to facilitate this ethnic cleansing, they don't allow food into Gaza until the world governments get off their ass and threaten reprisals sufficient that they back down a bit and merely incrementally encroach upon the Palestinians.

And they're supposed jstification is that they do all this because the Palestians sometimes fight back when the Israelis shoot rockets at families on beaches.

--

I'm a Jew. Israel is a disgusting attrocity which makes it harder for me by claiming to speak for Jews and acting like the worst sort of Ethnic Janitors.

-Username17
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Thanks. It's good to get info from someone who isn't a news source (and it seems most of the news sources support Israel, presumably by dint of belonging to countries that have supported Israel and view the Islamic countries as "the bad guys". Even BBC takes this approach).
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Draco_Argentum at [unixtime wrote:1195031244[/unixtime]]
Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1195029098[/unixtime]]
Yeah, yeah, that's why you aussies like the internet so much. Because ambling down to the neighbor's isn't a walk in the park.

Pretty much.

Ah you're right Crissa that does make much sense. I've encountered quite a few in online gaming like StarCraft.
Then again, doesn't explain Koreans, but hey.. this is about Aussies. :tongue:

EDIT:

Warning! Long but informative (I hope). Last post of this type I'll make on this topic, everything else will be brief, if at all.
Read at your own risk.

While it might seem I'm anti-Israel given previous rants on the nation's encroaching anti-diversity behavior, I'm not anti-Israeli. It's the political and military actions I write against, of which I'll do readily about any topic. But since this is about Nazis (and Aussies, unrelated), Israel goes hand in hand.
The nation was founded as reperations to Jews across the world after WW2, the existence of that little island-within-nations forever bound in the turmoil of previous conflicts.
It's pretty much doomed, and I feel bad for the people living there, given that the entire setup doesn't allow for cultural diversity.
An Arab-Jewish codependant government is impossible since people on both sides retain the trauma and resentment of previous conflicts, festering in programmed hatred of The Other.
The passion and obsession with personal dogma is like horse blinders for them, they only see what they focus on, and that is singular control of their so-called "holy lands".
Like two kids fighting over the same toy, it can only end in tears.

If anyone seriously wanted a 'stable situation' for Israel, they'd have to take every infant from Israel and nearby Arab nations, raise them isolated from their original cultures in an environment safe from religious and cultural obsession, plop them down in a coexistent environment to be raised free of previous family ties, and only then would there be "peace in the middle east".
As we all know, THAT plan won't fly, so what's going on instead?
Rich nations pump money into the area with hopes that the conflict will resolve itself?
Israelis push deeper into 'enemy' territory, 'settling' it, and then wonder why they are attacked?
Peace talks that fail, since the 'enemy' won't forgive past transgressions so easily?

As to why Israel = Nazi moreso every passing day, it's about hypocrisy.
Since time is running out, government push for safety has become more extreme.
The more Israel takes action to protect its own people, predominantly Jewish, it does so at the expense of Arabs.
If I recall correctly, Nazi Germany did the same for its own hypothetically pure German culture and 'race' at the expense of Jews.
This is ironic for Nazi Germany since the Teutonic 'race' is about as racially homogenous and pure as a public spittoon.

And I'm 1/4 German.
As some tell me, I even "look Jewish".
With the eugenics program back then, who's to tell which people are which 'ethnicity'? Skull shape? Hair color? Skin?

I can't even tell mediterranean Jews and Arabs from each other. They look the same, apart from cultural/military garb, and that Jewish Israelis tend to be better fed.
And Arab men tend to be depicted as running in the street waving guns, screaming.
I could easily write just as much about the sins of Arab nations, but it would be essentially the same statement, adjusted to the Arab reaction against ancient Christian occupation.

Both sides are at fault. Neither will 'win'. Everyone loses.

So is this conflict a battle of cultures or races? Are people really born "Jewish" or "Arab" or can they become inducted as part of either nation?
However, since neither side will 'surrender' their religious and national identity, the fight will go on, and more death will occur.

Just like with Nazi Germany.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

You know, despite Israeli propaganda there hasn't ever been an attempted genocide of Jews by Muslims. Seriously, there hasn't been.

Oh there have been genocides of Muslims. Some of them have been perpetrated by Israel. But the Muslims haven't ever actually committed any major attrocities against Jewish people.

The Arab and non-Arab Muslim nations don't generally hate Jews. They hate Israel. I don't blame them. I hate Israel. There are Jewish MPs in the Iranian Parliament.

While the Likud is quick to remind everyone at length about how Hamas "wants to genocide Jews", there is no evidence that they would actually do this given any autonomy or basic services. There comes a time when you have to admit that the oppressor state is actually 100% in the wrong and the only possibly way for partisan activity to be reduced is for the onerous sanctions against the civilian population to be lifted.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

cthulhu at [unixtime wrote:1195045088[/unixtime]]Canberra is a bit weird, imagine what you'd get it you picked some random fields and moved all the public servants for a state/country there.

Thats what canberra is. Quite bizarre. Roads are nice though cause it's a planned city ;P

Hey, those fields aren't random. They're equidistant from the two cities which wanted to be the capital and wouldn't let go.

Those roads aren't nice so much as a baffling ordeal. They're mostly curved because the city is a circle, and they all look the damn same. It's the classical labyrinth meets suburbia.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

What would happen to the world at large if the US said to Israel 'fuck it, hand over all of your nuclear weapons right meow or we're not only cutting off aid, we're going to to impose some serious motherfucking sanctions'?
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Russia would suddenly become a major ally of Israel just for shits and giggles.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

angelfromanotherpin at [unixtime wrote:1195137544[/unixtime]]
cthulhu at [unixtime wrote:1195045088[/unixtime]]Canberra is a bit weird, imagine what you'd get it you picked some random fields and moved all the public servants for a state/country there.

Hey, those fields aren't random. They're equidistant from the two cities which wanted to be the capital and wouldn't let go.

Those roads aren't nice so much as a baffling ordeal. They're mostly curved because the city is a circle, and they all look the damn same. It's the classical labyrinth meets suburbia.

it's not equidistant. Melbourne would have liked it to be, but its much closer to Sydney. Possibly because of terrain ;)

Streets, yeah, in the individual suburbs it gets quite surreal (get a street map), the closer the suburb adheres to the master plan the weirder it gets, but the feeder roads and major arterials are usually straight(ish) and very wide with wide lanes and stuff which makes driving fast. The best suburb layouts are the ones that spiral back in on themselves to create anarchy and confusion for visitors. The city isn't really circular though, they've gone for surburbs bunched up around town centers (6 now), so what you actually get is vast urban sprawl.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Lago_AM3P at [unixtime wrote:1195151721[/unixtime]]What would happen to the world at large if the US said to Israel 'fuck it, hand over all of your nuclear weapons right meow or we're not only cutting off aid, we're going to to impose some serious motherfucking sanctions'?

I don't know about the world at large, but I do know that whatever party was in power at the time would lose so hard in the next elections it wouldn't even be funny.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

They seriously should have just called Melbourne the capital.

I'd say "one or the other", except if Sydney was, then it'd influence the country as a whole, I'm sure, and we'd have suicide rates competing with Japan, and the national sport wouldn't be the AFL, it'd be race riots.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Frank: you sure? I coulda sworn some Islamic zealots "officialy declared jihad" on Israel not too long ago, maybe a year at most.
Of course, they don't speak for everyone, but it made into The Sun newspaper.
Whether those specific zealots were successful in even attempting such a thing is up to major debate. The dud rockets a year ago were an obvious scare tactic but real ones are possible in the near future.
However, I seriously doubt a ragtag bunch of angry men could wage war on a unified, well-equipped defensive nation such as Israel; such a task would require the entirety of 'Arabia', and there's too much internal war going on there to even bother.

Lago: right meow? Wow, and here I thought my girlfriend and I were the only ones to say 'let's do it right mow'. -_o

tzor: I'll second that bet. :P
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, but they declare jihad on Swedish cartoonists. So I'm not sure people take that seriously any more. Although they really do need to get a sense of humour.

Or just piss Israel off enough to justify a nuclear attack. It would actually bring peace to the region for the first time in... ever.

The Apocalypse: those who say "violence doesn't solve anything" just haven't used enough of it.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Oh, PS Domestic Terrorism still happens... And do we repair the damage?

No. We don't even report it in the news.

-Crissa
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1195181659[/unixtime]]Oh, PS Domestic Terrorism still happens... And do we repair the damage?

To be fair, we don't repair the damage from foreign terrorism either.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

To be fair the government has every one so concerned with foreign terrorism, I'm not so sure the media was aware of it...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Prak_Anima at [unixtime wrote:1195350018[/unixtime]]To be fair the government has every one so concerned with foreign terrorism, I'm not so sure the media was aware of it...

It was on the front page of the most important political blog in the country (DailyKos, if you were wondering), so if they didn't know, they are fucking incompetent.

Catharz
Knight-Baron

Post by Catharz »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1195180660[/unixtime]]Frank: you sure? I coulda sworn some Islamic zealots "officialy declared jihad" on Israel not too long ago, maybe a year at most.

Jihad on Israel =|= jihad on Jews.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Neeek at [unixtime wrote:1195353413[/unixtime]]
Prak_Anima at [unixtime wrote:1195350018[/unixtime]]To be fair the government has every one so concerned with foreign terrorism, I'm not so sure the media was aware of it...

It was on the front page of the most important political blog in the country (DailyKos, if you were wondering), so if they didn't know, they are fucking incompetent.

I'd say the only institution in america that rivals the public school system in incompetence is the american media institution...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I'd say the only institution in america that rivals the public school system in incompetence is the american media institution...

HEY!

What about the military, the IRS, the IMF, the actual Congress...

Jesus Christ, man, we didn't even go into the FEMA, whose epic levels of douchebaggery made at least two threads on this baord.