Nazis

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Re: Nazis

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Calibron at [unixtime wrote:1195912204[/unixtime]]Personal Freedom

Everyone's a slave to something, be it your responsibilities, your habits, your god, your desires, your emotions, your government, your preconceptions, or, the classic, another person.

Unless of course Buddhism is your bag and you yearn for non-existence(in which case you're still bound by the parameters of not existing). Me, personally, I'm just fine being a slave to the will of the omnipotent, infinitely loving Lord of all creation.

I'm no philosophy expert, but if everyone was a slave, wouldn't that make the term meaningless?
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I would say it facilitates the simian logical statement Human=Slave
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1195943700[/unixtime]]I'm no philosophy expert, but if everyone was a slave, wouldn't that make the term meaningless?

Yes. It would also make true freedom impossible. Both are ultimately meaningless.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

So if freedom and slavery mean nothing, then how exactly can we declare "Forcing someone to work for you against their will, and beating them with a stick, is wrong."?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1195943700[/unixtime]]I'm no philosophy expert, but if everyone was a slave, wouldn't that make the term meaningless?

Actually round robbin slavery might be an interesting but stupid idea that might actually work. The idea would be that A is the slave of B who is the slave of C who is the slave of D who is the salve of E and so forth untul you get to Z who is the slave of A. Everyone would be both slave and slave owner all at the same time.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1195949389[/unixtime]]So if freedom and slavery mean nothing, then how exactly can we declare "Forcing someone to work for you against their will, and beating them with a stick, is wrong."?

That's slavery as a specific term, which has a specific meaning, slavery as a broad philosophical term is essentially meaningless. Similarly you can be "free" to do something, or free from/of something, and each of those individual things have specific meanings, but something as nebulous as personal freedom, true freedom, total freedom, or what have you is just as meaningless as the slavery in the broad sense.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes more sense.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Cool, glad to help.