Why I hate 4chan.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Re: Why I hate 4chan.

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Considering that "Otaku" is japanese for "loser", I'll take it as a compliment.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

You know, PL, WaeseL has said hes embarrassed to admit hes a gamer IRL, wouldn't suprise me if he was a closet furry.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

I wasn't saying increased muscle efficiency was sexy...just something that would be awesome to have. Though increased muscular efficiency could have the side effect of making one sexier; there'd probably be a lot of new positions open to you.

I'm allergic to cats myself, and I don't know how cat owners can stand to put up with the whole litter box thing, not to mention the dead animals some cats like to leave as presents. I enjoy playing with my friend's cats, but I wouldn't want to own one even if I weren't allergic. I didn't realize it at the time, but when I was a teenager I channeled and personified the highly aggressive and sometimes virulent side of my personality into an anthropomorphic panther(Seto Roth or sometimes Estaroth) that I would sometimes free form roleplay online(in forums specifically designed for such). I've since detached that part of myself from the character, but I still think of that aspect of my personality as feline; aggressive, selfish, uncaring, and occasionally virulent. I can tap into it when appropriate, or just leave it in the back of my mind, affecting my actions in only minor ways.

During this little monologue I realize why some furs think of their alter egos as totems or animal spirits; it's very much like what I did, only heaped in the mysticism of totemic traditions.

So if someone were to ask me if I were a furry, I'd likely say yes, even though I've mostly put that part of myself behind me; it's fun to pretend after all.:wink:
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

You know, I've seen a couple people that use Dr. Zoidberg as there avatar or screen name and they all have had certain shared attributes. They don't take anything seriously, they're somewhat crass, but not overly so, just enough to be funny, they're sarcastic and like to use nonsequiters, and are at least fairly good at insult humor. None of them have been furries as far as I know.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

PhoneLobster at [unixtime wrote:1191157790[/unixtime]]re:
MrWaesel wrote:frame of reference

1) If you you think it is a problem of a degree such that it requires even a fraction of the air play its getting around here then I think we are getting back to the whole frame of reference thing again.

2) Your avatar is an anthromorph, and your name is a different anthromorph, I mean you ARE an anthromorph. Whats up with that?

Edit: and I mean heck, 2a) Mister Weasel is easily a sexual euphamism. And Dr Zoidberg has an entire episode dedicated to him having sex...

Phone Lobster vs crazy lobster doctor. Heaven or hell. Fight!
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1191209817[/unixtime]]Phone Lobster vs crazy lobster doctor. Heaven or hell. Fight!

There can be only one.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I like where this thread is going. The lobsters declare each other furfags.

And cats stink. Really bad. If catgirls (even the 90% human ones, just sharp teeth/ears/tail kind which is OK mostly) smelled like real cats, I wouldn't want one near me ever, especially if I were to use the toilet after one. *barfgrbgbbbl*
A dog-girl, however...
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

wrote:I like where this thread is going. The lobsters declare each other furfags.

Well I don't know about him but my name is a tribute to a famous and beautiful piece of surrealist art.

I'm sure that as an obvious absurdist himself the good doctor waesel appreciates my pointing out the hilarious nature of his stance given his apparent associations.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Draco_Argentum wrote:You know, PL, WaeseL has said hes embarrassed to admit hes a gamer IRL, wouldn't suprise me if he was a closet furry.

Yes that's the only possible reason I would resent furries right? You have been watching American Beauty once too often.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

This thread is awesome.
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I resent furries because an overwhelming number of female furries are actually guys in real life, and the rest are lesbians.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1191246471[/unixtime]]I resent furries because an overwhelming number of female furries are actually guys in real life, and the rest are lesbians.

Yup. I think why this is is because most furs that discovered or invented this part of themselves primarily over the interbutts did so out of various insecurities or parts of their personalities they couldn't reconcile themselves with and are, by definition, damaged people. This damage tends to most often manifest itself in mild to extreme neurosis, among other things.

IIRC I was somewhat neurotic as a teen. Most furs eventually follow one of three paths: they "get better" like I did, so that their anthropomorphic side is no longer a controlling or separate entity in their psyche, they delve further and further into various kinks and fetishes, or they start taking their anthropomorphic side more and more seriously and end up as Therianthropes or Otherkin.

A large fraction of furs practice one form of art or another. This generally seems to have one of two effects; it "grounds" them drastically slowly or even halting change in their condition, or greatly accelerates that change.

I'm not sure why I'm being so psychological, I'm not even taking any psych classes right now.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

The only reason a 'large fraction' of Furries do art is because of two reasons: A desire to share an imaginary world, and the social pressures of a world in which status is attained by how well one represents those imaginary worlds. In other words, being an artist is the only way to attain status in the group.

There may be a large portion of gay guys in furry fandom... But there's a large proportion of gay guys in the rave scene, acting, costumes, art, computer science, etc - and all of these intersect with Furry fandom, as well as other fandoms. At some point in time, computers were a good source of escapism, which helps them avoid persecution, and so gay guys are drawn to any get-together in which they aren't persecuted. If your choice was between being beat up in BFE America or hanging out with Furries, Ravers, etc which do you think you would choose?

...Lastly, very few Furries are lesbians. But that's more due to the fact that very few women find a need to fill a social or creative void with any geek fandom. They can get the attention they want from nearly any source - usually too much.

Of course, I know all this because I've worked several conventions and web sites behind the admittance desk, helping people sign in and working with the databases.

Just because I have a committed lesbian relationship doesn't mean all females in Furry fandom do or desire one.

-Crissa
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Your insights are helpful and informative,if you have any more to share I'd be happy to listen. What I've written is based mostly on my own limited perception, with a little empirical data and a few testimonies, so it's bound to be at least partially faulty. I did realize that there are a dearth of women in the furry community, as it is with almost every other internet based community; though from what I've gathered the percentage of bisexuals and lesbians among them is fairly high; this is also true for the male population, but more so when it comes to females, based on my perceptions/data anyway.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Lobster phone = WIN
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1191262381[/unixtime]]The only reason a 'large fraction' of Furries do art is because of two reasons: A desire to share an imaginary world, and the social pressures of a world in which status is attained by how well one represents those imaginary worlds. In other words, being an artist is the only way to attain status in the group.

There may be a large portion of gay guys in furry fandom... But there's a large proportion of gay guys in the rave scene, acting, costumes, art, computer science, etc - and all of these intersect with Furry fandom, as well as other fandoms. At some point in time, computers were a good source of escapism, which helps them avoid persecution, and so gay guys are drawn to any get-together in which they aren't persecuted. If your choice was between being beat up in BFE America or hanging out with Furries, Ravers, etc which do you think you would choose?

...Lastly, very few Furries are lesbians. But that's more due to the fact that very few women find a need to fill a social or creative void with any geek fandom. They can get the attention they want from nearly any source - usually too much.

Of course, I know all this because I've worked several conventions and web sites behind the admittance desk, helping people sign in and working with the databases.

Just because I have a committed lesbian relationship doesn't mean all females in Furry fandom do or desire one.

-Crissa

That's actually quite interesting.

I swear, if I was going to college for some sort of sociology degree, I'd do a report or something on furries. If you can get over the fact they're different, furries are actually quite fascinating in my opinion.

That's not in my future specialty though. (I'm planning on getting a BS in Biology and then getting a master's in arachnology. Then I will be cool.)
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

PhoneLobster wrote:2) Your avatar is an anthromorph, and your name is a different anthromorph, I mean you ARE an anthromorph. Whats up with that?

Edit: and I mean heck, 2a) Mister Weasel is easily a sexual euphamism. And Dr Zoidberg has an entire episode dedicated to him having sex...

I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but do you honestly think you can make assumptions about ones character (or better, sexual deviancy) based by their 125x125 picture on an internet forum?

Phonelobster, you have some great insights in game balance, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, but Jesus Christ, unplug your computer, get out of the house, and don't come back until you get a sense of perspective.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1191276428[/unixtime]]I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but do you honestly think you can make assumptions about ones character (or better, sexual deviancy) based by their 125x125 picture on an internet forum?

To a certain extent you can generally glean some amount of information about a person via there choice of screen name and avatar. People make these aesthetic decisions for a reason, not at random.

Note my observations about the relation between the Zoidberg name/image and certain personality quirks earlier in the thread. Similarly you can most often tell a bit about a fur's personality by the species and appearance of their anthropomorphic alter ego.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

wrote:but do you honestly think you can make assumptions about ones character (or better, sexual deviancy) based by their 125x125 picture on an internet forum?

Furries exist primarily as anthropomorphic internet personas, frequently with sexual associations.

You complain about that.

But your internet persona is anthropomorphic, with sexual associations.

No great insights into your secret inner being are required, just that your public internet persona is the exact same internet persona type you say you feel is beyond any reasonable point of reference.

End of story.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
technomancer
Journeyman

Post by technomancer »

I'm pretty sure the first thing that most people think of when seeing Zoidberg is not the sex episode (where he didn't actually get to have sex). Anthropomorphic, yes, but 'sexual associations'? Maybe in your mind.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

wrote:(where he didn't actually get to have sex). Anthropomorphic, yes, but 'sexual associations'? Maybe in your mind.

Oddly the majority of scary sexual furry stuff on the internet, what with it being you know, on the internet, and fictional imaginary art type stuff...

Involves not actually having sex and being all in someones mind.

So really. No difference again.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1191229555[/unixtime]]Yes that's the only possible reason I would resent furries right? You have been watching American Beauty once too often.

Well theres two explanations. One is you're a guy who hates furries with an ironic avatar. The other is that you have some issues you need to work out. Both are potential sources of amusement.

Rather than write words heres an excellent explanation of why furries are furry.

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Ooo shit I might be an "Otherkin" by that description on Therio-whatever website.
Or maybe that's just the autism defining my role in nearly every physical-presence social situation; I don't feel like the same fucking species as the fish-stare body language-obsessed people I interact with weekly.

And I just might make that skunk or the racoon my avatar.

End of Story.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1191276428[/unixtime]]I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but do you honestly think you can make assumptions about ones character (or better, sexual deviancy) based by their 125x125 picture on an internet forum?

Image I would certanly hope not. :tongue:

Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Can you guys try your armchair psychology on me and my avatar? I'm curious.