Why I hate 4chan.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Lago_AM3P
Duke

Why I hate 4chan.

Post by Lago_AM3P »

My biggest problem with this forum and the people who come from it is, like Free Republic, people who come from there and participate in Internet social activity elsewhere lower the tone of the discourse. Not just /b/ either.

I hate these people using the same tired memes over and over. Seeing 'o rly' for the 100th time pegs my moron-o-meter. I hate getting a reply of some overcirculated image macro or some homemade demotivator crap. I hate people, goddamnit, bragging about trolling.

Also, it's making lolita way too acceptable. That's gotta stop right now.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Re: Why I hate 4chan.

Post by MrWaeseL »

I honestly wish some of the recent members never stopped by here.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Wait, we have actual 4chan members on these boards?!

Also, it's making lolita way too acceptable. That's gotta stop right now.

What 4chan finds acceptable has nothing to do with reality, society, or morality at all. They are in all respects, their own form of society.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Captain_Bleach at [unixtime wrote:1190657800[/unixtime]]Wait, we have actual 4chan members on these boards?!

Unfortunately yes, I believe Koumei has admitted to being such, and plenty of others, including myself I am ashamed to say, have at one time or another visited that place for some length of time in the past.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

I found the wacky antics of 4chan funny... for ten minutes. Then I moved to a more entertaining website. Seriously, the only way 4chan remains notorious is for raiding and hacking other websites for inexplicable reasons, such as G4's Attack of the Show.

Oh shit, I bet that they will raid this site soon.:bash:
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Captain_Bleach at [unixtime wrote:1190657800[/unixtime]]Wait, we have actual 4chan members on these boards?!

More than you might think. heh
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

The problem is the this is a forum for shouting logic/maths at each other. The meme culture that pervades the internet (not just 4chan or similar) places a very low emphasis on attacking the substance of an argument. Its all about conforming to whatever the flavour of the minute is and/or making ad hominem attacks.

Round these parts you're supposed to mix some solid points into your bile filled rants.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

I gotta say I particularly don't appreciate the stupidity of the "I Troll this, I Troll that, Trolling is fun" comments.

As someone who frequently has passionate and genuine differences of opinion on various forums and often against the stupid status quo of the local forum culture I get called a "Troll" all the time.

Its a stupid insult used by stupid people as a stupid way off attacking an opinion they disagree with.

And at some point it was just short of totally imaginary and fabricated and I'd like to think only those idiots obsessed with the utterly inane "dissent is evil" meme believed it at all.

Having actually chumps running around SAYING that not only do trolls really exist but that THEY are themselves proud and active trolls...

It just lends needless and painful credibility to the stupid "I call you a Troll sir, and good day!, I said Good Day!" butholes of internet forums everywhere.

And need I point out how THIS forum especially doesn't need people wandering around saying how they love to troll other forums?
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

I will say that I only mentioned that once beyond the "trolling WotC by actually contributing" thing.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I am going to start a project.

Every time a thread is derailed because of some 4chan bullshit, I am going to post it here.

Here's 'Why is Mounted Combat so good?'
http://bb.bbboy.net/thegamingden-viewth ... hread=1073
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

That's a great idea.

'Enjoying a game despite it's[sic] flaws?'
http://bb.bbboy.net/thegamingden-viewth ... hread=1071
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Lago, that thread had nothing to do with 4chan.
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

FAIL

I noticed that too. lolz
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

The entirety of page three of that thread is my cite.

Of course, some of those threads linking to crabgirls or what the fuck ever might not have anything to do with 4chan. I'm not going to click to find out, but if they don't then I'll retract my statement.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

It's still a derailing with lower quality posts.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

The furry obsession, and obsession with the obsession seems pretty in keeping with a certain theme floating about...

The only saving grace was the resulting link by some splendid gentleman to the great muppet Pepe...
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Would that be the 4chan is cool theme? Brining up furries to complain is a 4chan meme afterall.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Would that be the 4chan is cool theme? Brining up furries to complain is a 4chan meme afterall.

We've been making fun of furries forever. Remember when I made that 'Why don't they add a catfolk race' and it got derailed by FrankTrollman of all people? In fact, I coined the term 'Book of Exalted Furries'. Though in my defense, I was making more fun of the fact that the book designer decided that a book that had nothing to do with races or species decided this would be the best time to do a complete 180 on monster design: you know, basing a large portion of monsters off of clearly anthropomorphic animals.

However, the furry-bashing in that thread made me feel uncomfortable.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Lago_AM3P at [unixtime wrote:1191022907[/unixtime]]Remember when I made that 'Why don't they add a catfolk race' and it got derailed by FrankTrollman of all people?

Well to be fair Frank's point was that D&D isn't a place for you to publicly masturbate to whatever weird kinks you have. Your group doesn't want to hear about it even if its two human characters in the missionary position.

The difference is that you and Frank didn't start posting links, neither did Crissa. If I wanted links to weird shit that I don't want to see I'd go to Something Awful.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Hahahahaaa Frank derailed a discussion into furries...

And btw it's not a crabgirl, it's like a mermaid... with a shrimp butt.

Well to be fair Frank's point was that D&D isn't a place for you to publicly masturbate to whatever weird kinks you have.

That's a matter of opinion. Many gamers love lewd humor, and a D&D session is no exception. Unless you don't mean humor, but something akin to a circle-jerking with d20s. Ew.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Nah, not lewd humour. More like when some guy plays an elf or whatever and is clearly sexually attracted to his character.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

For furries in D&D, it can be possible without immediately assuming it is a "fetish/kink." I mean, who doesn't want to take the best traits of an elephant and the opposable thumbs of a human?
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Captain_Bleach at [unixtime wrote:1191099977[/unixtime]]For furries in D&D, it can be possible without immediately assuming it is a "fetish/kink." I mean, who doesn't want to take the best traits of an elephant and the opposable thumbs of a human?
My only wish is that I had prehensile tail like tree monkeys. It's not for kink, it's for tree climbing and being able to hang around literally.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Ironically, I think this now counts as a derailed thread.