Roy Greenhilt lol

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Lago_AM3P
Duke

Roy Greenhilt lol

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Well, he's dead due to the fact he's a dumbass fighter.

Not all is lost, though. I say that it's time for an upgraydde (two 'd's for a double-dose of the pimping). He's probably going to be set back a level when he gets raised. Hopefully he'll be set back a lot of levels. Like, level 1.

That way he can regain all of his levels in warblade.
tzor
Prince

Re: Roy Greenhilt lol

Post by tzor »

I'm starting to wonder how Rich is going to handle the 4E conversion. :borg:
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

He will likely handle it in one of two ways.

1) In the unlikely case that the majority of the RPG community decides to hate 4E and never play it he continues with 3E jokes till the strip dies a slow and anonymous death.

2) Enough people play 4E, and whatever its failings or successes you can guarantee it has produced rich joke material for him to mine.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

1) In the unlikely case that the majority of the RPG community decides to hate 4E and never play it he continues with 3E jokes till the strip dies a slow and anonymous death.

People still make fun of the tropes of AD&D even after all this time. Seriously, i still hear 'AC is hard to calculate!' and 'you need a masters in mathematics to calculate your THAC0' jokes all the time.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Why isn't this a tale from the table?

-Crissa
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I would expect to read several weeks worth of "the edition changed and now I have different equipment" jokes if I read the strip at all.

-Username17
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Heh agreeing with Frank on this.

It began in such a way, remember? 3.0 -> 3.5
IMO the funniest part of the comic.
Shrinking weapons..
Worst cases of RPG in-joke ever though.

As for Roy, does anyone else find it odd that he's as smart as if not smarter than the wizard yet goes full fighter? Not even any PrC!
I'd a least expect something slapped on that helps slay and resist undead. Maybe even multiclass to Unearthed Arcana Paladin, but no...
How does that work huh?
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
ckafrica
Duke

Post by ckafrica »

He's obviously being played by one of those true blooded 2nd Ed. types who think multiclassing and prestige classes are gash :)
The internet gave a voice to the world thus gave definitive proof that the world is mostly full of idiots.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

To be fair, the Stickverse seems to function in a much more balanced way than actual D&D. I suspect extensive house-ruling, because most of the characters seem clever enough to have come up with the more obvious exploits.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Or at least the wizard should be smart enough to not use Fireball and Lightning Bolt at level 13.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Level 13? I thought the general rule was "They don't precisely have set stats, they're just high enough level to do some cool stuff, but low enough to run away from some other stuff."
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

They do not precisely have set stats, but numerous statements ("A delectable 18 Intelligence right before you!") and actions (V's Mass spells in the battle specifically have 13 targets) allow for specific deductions.

This
[counturl=114]thread[/counturl] has what I think is the most complete set of deductions with specific link-to-comic references.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

What won't nerds obsess over.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

No seriously what is the added value of knowing Roy's wisdom score when reading the comic.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1191841373[/unixtime]]What won't nerds obsess over.

Dude what the fuck are you? In denial about your own nerdiness or just oblivious?
Stay on Nifty and complain about stuff.

I agree on the house ruling though. It seems Roy might actually be able to put those 4 extra skill points per Fighter level to good use.
Say, Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Bluff, and possible Disguise.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Given that I am a roleplayer and ex-wargamer, that I memorised the Palladium runic alphabet (including the extra random crap like "Old Ones" and "Ward") a long time ago and all that, it shouldn't surprise me that people have carefully kept track of the data each time something is mentioned, piecing them together.

It really shouldn't. I'm not going to keep track of it though. It won't worry me if I don't notice a continuity error.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1191864146[/unixtime]]
Dude what the fuck are you? In denial about your own nerdiness or just oblivious?
Stay on Nifty and complain about stuff.

Stay on The Gaming Den and be a hyper teenager.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Can we get back to complaining about this stupid comic and not about each other or the inherent oddities of geek culture?

This place has gotten so damned hostile lately.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Calibron at [unixtime wrote:1191906002[/unixtime]]Can we get back to complaining about this stupid comic and not about each other or the inherent oddities of geek culture?

This place has gotten so damned hostile lately.

Your mom has gotten so hostile lately. OH SNAPS!
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

My mother's 8 months pregnant at 40 years old and my father died in a motor cycle accident three weeks ago. Fuck you.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Who wants to bet that Roy will multiclass, and to what?

I vote yes, Paladin.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'm thinking he might take a Prestige Class. Does he qualify for Risen Martyr? That'd really piss his dad off.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Calibron at [unixtime wrote:1191910926[/unixtime]]My mother's 8 months pregnant at 40 years old and my father died in a motor cycle accident three weeks ago. Fuck you.

Oh, that's original. I definately haven't been hearing that one since grade school.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1191911155[/unixtime]]I'm thinking he might take a Prestige Class. Does he qualify for Risen Martyr? That'd really piss his dad off.

HO CRAP that's a cool PrC. You get to play Buddha or Jesus. Like, to the letter.
It's powerful and sacrilegious and as such I like it.

On the downside you must keep yourself from hitting that last level, which shouldn't be too hard...

And although I very much doubt it, he could come back as an Outsider. Maybe some type of Celestial, furry, or Deva. But that's a stretch (and not my bet).
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

I actually like this comic. It's entertaining.

edit: And I like the hostility. Reminds me of when my dad used to beat me with a tire iron :)