The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Gleemax.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nova88
NPC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So who's going to be the first fool...uh...volunteer to try for a seat on the advisory board? I wonder if this will be the access point for whatever digital equivalents of Dungeon and Dragon magazines?
josephbt
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i kinda tried understanding what gleemax is, but couldn't get it. maybe someone whos a native speaker could explain it to me.

Blood for the Blood God!
shirak
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why, oh why, do I get MySpace vibes from this site?
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because that's exactly what it is - MySpace for gamers. Bored

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Guildcafe was MYSPACE for gamers?

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MrWaeseL
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HURF DURF IMAGE MACROS

Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crissa
King

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's web 2.0! Social networking! They get to tell you what game you're playing and who you're playing it with!

...Wait, no, we've already done that.

I'm not even giving Gleemax a hit 'cause it's a scam.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're lucky - you won't burn your retinas. Gods, that color scheme is horrendous!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
MrWaeseL
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crissa wrote:
It's web 2.0! Social networking! They get to tell you what game you're playing and who you're playing it with!

...Wait, no, we've already done that.

I'm not even giving Gleemax a hit 'cause it's a scam.

-Crissa

DID YOU HEAR YOU ARE TIME'S PERSON OF THE YEAR???
Rob_Knotts
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nova88 wrote:
I wonder if this will be the access point for whatever digital equivalents of Dungeon and Dragon magazines?

I have a bad feeling Gleemax itself is supposed to become the digital equivalent of Dragon & Dungeon.

fbmf wrote:
I thought Guildcafe was MYSPACE for gamers?

I doubt Guildcafe has nearly as many "See My XXX Gallery" or "Free Xbox 360" invitations...

As somebody who actually has a gaming blog on MySpace ( You Gone Too Far ), I've got to say that as bad an idea as that is, having a gaming-specific social networking site is probably worse. To put it simply, it's hard to avoid having the network take over as the game itself, with popularity (hits and contacts) becoming a more important goal than facilitating real-life gaming.

I would also worry about Gleemax members becoming completely detached from the pen & paper games that brought them there. I've seen a lot of gaming topics in official forums go so far off into tangents that they couldn't possibly have anything to do with actuall real-life gaming. And there have always been people who spend more energy venting with rants or sarcasm about games then they ever put into the actual gaming experience.

On a side note, Gleemax also faces another big potential problem. If those putting up the site try to make it a site for both tabletop gamers and online gamers, there's a very good chance that the online gamer traffic will end up crowding out the tabletop gaming.
shirak
Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Gleemax.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rob_Knotts wrote:
On a side note, Gleemax also faces another big potential problem. If those putting up the site try to make it a site for both tabletop gamers and online gamers, there's a very good chance that the online gamer traffic will end up crowding out the tabletop gaming.

That depends on your definition of "problem". As Gleemax's definition is "anything that gives us less money", I really don't think they'll mind a swarm of clients.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: