High Load Errors are annoying...

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Re: High Load Errors are annoying...

Post by Zherog »

Whispers depend. If we go through an actual conversion path, we're pretty much expecting them. Maj's friend is in the process of writing a whisper code for phpBB. Our expectation is that whispers would survive the conversion from BbSuckAss v1.4 (what this is) to v2 and then to vB. Perhaps that's a bad assumption.

If we go with what's being discussed here, whispers may be lost. That's probably OK. I wonder, though, if whispers would convert if a mod/admin ran the program to "extract" the data.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Aycarus
Journeyman

Post by Aycarus »

Zherog at [unixtime wrote:1202159582[/unixtime]]If we go with what's being discussed here, whispers may be lost. That's probably OK. I wonder, though, if whispers would convert if a mod/admin ran the program to "extract" the data.

I'm pretty sure they would... However, they would be pulled out with the text of the post itself, so it'd require some post-processing to make them invisible to the general population.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

I'd think whispers would survive the first step of the conversion (BBboy 1.4 to BBboy 2), assuming that BBboy kept whisper functionality in the newer version. The second step would be the tricky part.

Then again, I have to give the obligatory "I am not a programmer" disclaimer.
Doom314's satirical 4e power wrote:Complete AnnihilationWar-metawarrior 1

An awesome bolt of multicolored light fires from your eyes and strikes your foe, disintegrating him into a fine dust in a nonmagical way.

At-will: Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon ("sword", range 10/20)
Target: One Creature
Attack: Con vs AC
Hit: [W] + Con, and the target is slowed.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I know they don't, between integer level changes in phpBB.

Normally, they're not kept because they're a security issue and the administration doesn't care.

-Crissa
Murtak
Duke

Post by Murtak »

I just finished version 0.1 of the script to convert Aycarus' spider data to PHPBB version 3.

So far you have to do a little manual configuration, run the script and then you have
- users (sans passwords)
- all posts (with who posted what, when)
- from the little I was able to test all posted images and links still work

So there is still a lot missing. Any suggestions as to what we still need?
Murtak
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Poll data
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Aycarus
Journeyman

Post by Aycarus »

Zherog at [unixtime wrote:1202742679[/unixtime]]Poll data

Yeargh... That one's difficult, since a spider can't retrieve who actually made the votes. So in order to prevent double-voting, all the polls would have to be closed on conversion. Is that okay?
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

That would be okay.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

I can't think of a problem with that...
You can't fix stupid.

Aycarus
Journeyman

Post by Aycarus »

Finally got a chance to look at the poll data problem (damn radiative transfer assignment).

I just noticed that poll data on a closed poll appears inline with the text of a post, so it should be carried over with no further modification. Is there something else specific you wanted here?