Thanks, Jack, and right back at you.

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

Re: Final Exams!

Post by Maj »

Thanks!! Mine went awesomely!!!

It turns out that while my vocabulary isn't as good as any of the other languages I've studied, using Arabic in D&D has helped me learn a lot of words my classmates didn't, my handwriting/calligraphy is so awesome that my other professor wants me to run next quarter's calligraphy workshop, and I can read Arabic on the fly better than anyone else in my class, too.

Hope everyone else does really well, too!!!!!!!

Image Image Image

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Galahad_Knight
1st Level

Post by Galahad_Knight »

My brother does calligraphy as a hobby, he's not bad.

I bet Arabic with its graceful curvy letters lends itself naturally to it. Sort of a skill synergy thing
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Good luck with finals, people.

I don't have any finals right now, had to drop out of college this semester to fuel my addiction. (It's called Eating. If I don't do it at least once a day, I start to go into withdrawal. :uptosomething: )

But I got a loansky to go this semester, so Da Count is back in college.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Excellent, Count.

I just finished my last final. All is well.

Game On,
fbmf
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

I just finished mine too. Can't complain they were all pretty easy, even Developmental Psych.

Arabic huh? Why'd you choose that language Maj? Sounds interesting. I've studied a few myself.

I've been trying to get the Chinese form of calligraphy down,but it's so difficult...frustrating really :screams:
Alhadis
NPC

Post by Alhadis »

This is my final year of senior school. :sad: After that, it'll be my course into professional writing! :thumb:
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I just got my MCATs back. I got a 36Q. 12 Physical Science, 12 Verbal Reasoning, 12 Biological Science.

That's better than 96% of the people who took the test, as it happens.

-Username17
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I just got my MCATs back. I got a 36Q. 12 Physical Science, 12 Verbal Reasoning, 12 Biological Science.

OMG STOP MIN-MAXING STANDARDIZED TESTS FRANK ROLEPLAY YOUR DEGREE NOT ROLLPLAY :(
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Good luck to those taking finals!

Game On,
fbmf
Wrenfield
Master

Post by Wrenfield »

Having just graduated from Parsons (BFA in Fine Arts), I'm just thrilled to be able to not have a busload of schoolwork for once in many moons. It was 4 glorious years in the City though - although I'm finding that the nearby small-town Americana of New Jersey is a great place to figure out where to go from here.

Good luck to those taking finals! Remember to wear loose clothes! Tight clothes restrict blood flow and causes ogida while taking exams. Very very bad.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Good luck to all of you who haven't had your finals yet :)

I've got my only final for this semester Wednesday next week, lets hope I don't fail Calculus II!
The only other thing I have left to do is an art final project, due Tuesday, which I haven't started yet. I'm going to try to do some kind of series of 'ruined' building interiors with wierd abstactions thrown in cause I'm in beginning drawing.

Wish me luck!
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

Good luck to everyone. Since I'm teaching, I now know what a pain in the ass grading the clever exams are. So I'll make easy for me....Scantrons for all!!!

:lmao:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I don't have finals. I don't go to college. I decided that I didn't want to go, shortly after I flunked out sometime last year.

Yeah, I know the concept of Arioch being more belligerent than intellegent is foreign to you guys, bite me. :p
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

I have long since completed my, apparently useless, degree from an, apparently useless, university.

The only "finals" I have had recently were in the form of a Japanese language listening test at a basic Tafe course on said language.

Now I would proudly point out I totally aced it twelve out of twelve, just as I had previously kicked ass on the only other actual marked assessment (what can I say, I find languages easy, and the course is something a primary school kid could walk through with their eyes closed).

But heck, its easy as hell and its Tafe, so all OUR marked assessments are "pass or re-sit" even if the highly unlikely event of NOT getting at least fifty percent occurs you can do the assessment again, often right away if you want.

Its the way it assessments should be.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

My final exams are so late this year, that my fraternity's summer recess will have ended before I even take them. :flames:
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1115452327[/unixtime]]I don't have finals. I don't go to college. I decided that I didn't want to go, shortly after I flunked out sometime last year.

I did that too, last year. This was my first semester back.
Tae_Kwon_Dan
Journeyman

Post by Tae_Kwon_Dan »

I just celebrated by 4 year anniversary of getting the hell out of school.

I still don't miss finals.
Wrenfield
Master

Post by Wrenfield »

Tae_Kwon_Dan at [unixtime wrote:1115667113[/unixtime]]I just celebrated by 4 year anniversary of getting the hell out of school.

I still don't miss finals.
Sure you do! Who wouldn't miss sweaty palms, nervous tics, and angst up the ying-yang.

I still vividly recall receiving my goddamn diploma at the ceremony. Oh, how tempting it was to raise both my hands up high where all can see, and in full frontal view, deploy both my middle-finger birds right smack dab in the direction of the seated "faculty of evil" (a truely charming coterie of T'anari and Ba'atezu).

But, well ... that just ain't ladylike, now is it?

Still, going back for my masters is now beginning to gnaw at me. Which makes my peers laugh and accuse me of sado-masochistic machinations. Anyhoo ...

PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Come to think of it I suppose I do miss the disease.

Along would roll the finals, week after week of people with stress weakened immune systems being crammed together in mixed lot of hundreds at a time coughing and sneezing all over each other.

By the second or third week the majority of students would be sniffling with whatever the hell was going around that year.

I got some pretty nasty doses of the flu from the whole routine.

Still, it builds up the immune system no end.

When the spanish influenza returns and whipes out civilization as we know it me and my antibodies intend to crawl out of the rubble and start a new one.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Tae_Kwon_Dan
Journeyman

Post by Tae_Kwon_Dan »

Wrenfield at [unixtime wrote:1115667730[/unixtime]]
Still, going back for my masters is now beginning to gnaw at me. Which makes my peers laugh and accuse me of sado-masochistic machinations. Anyhoo ...

Don't worry I too seem to suffer from this sudden and odd yearning to put myself through hell again. For added fun I'm going to work full time while doing it too.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

PhoneLobster wrote:I have long since completed my, apparently useless, degree from an, apparently useless, university.

What a coincidence. My sister and my wife both graduated from there, too.
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Sir_Neil wrote:My sister and my wife both graduated from there, too.

Fellow alumni!

You know they send me more crap in the mail now encrouaging me to an active alumni in a single year than they ever sent me in the entire four years of encouraging me to be an active student COMBINED with all the dull administrative material they sent me like results and stuff.

Just as an example, during the time I was doing the degree they stopped sending their cheapo single sheet of paper with black and white computer print out end of semester results by mail to save money.

And they send now send me big fat a4 sized envelopes with glossy multi page full colour alumni magazines.

Did I mention that my university despite being one of the few in the country to retain a growing student population during the recent period of national increases in student fees has recently fallen into massive multi million dollar debt?
Wrenfield
Master

Post by Wrenfield »

PhoneLobster wrote:Did I mention that my university despite being one of the few in the country to retain a growing student population during the recent period of national increases in student fees has recently fallen into massive multi million dollar debt?
Please don't tell us you got a degree in economics from your esteemed university.