Hip Music for you Oh-So-Hip Gaming Den Gamers

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Was cruising the net for music and found this pretty cool artist called BIF NAKED.

Her song Sick is pretty damn good.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Recently been listening to random music from Soundclick.com

Here's one that is just a couple of stuff done by a person with free time in India.

it's an awesome fusion of classical indian beats and western rock.

'1' Fret Higher

[/url]
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

That is pretty cool. Sounds like the stuff Sammi loaded onto discs for me to listen to in the car...

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Draco_Argentum wrote:Eluveitie, Swiss folk metal with an odd lineup of instruments. Haven't heard much yet but its pretty sweet.
Great band. I've seen them once and will be seeing them later next month. Liked them since they stopped playing in mid-set and demanded that people rip down the "No Moshing Allowed" signs all over the place and ordered us all to "Go fooking CRAZY!" It was a good time.

Inis Mona is actually an interesting song. One of the greatest druidic colleges back in the day was on an island off the coast of Wales called Inis Mona in Gaulish. The song is told from the point of view of an elderly druid thinking back to his school days. Despite the harsh vocals used, the song actually is somewhat wistful. (I close my eyes, Inis Mona/ And reminisce of your balmy days/ I moon o'er you, Inis Mona/ As long as I breath, I'll call you my home).

Slania is a great album. Other songs I like songs on the same album are Primordial Breath, and Slania's Song.

Their newest album, Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion is actually a folk album. It features songs that were found etched into zinc plates that are literally centuries old, with new music written (only the words were preserved.) I find Brictom to be utterly hypnotic.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Here's what's up for me in the near future:

On Nov. 6th, I'm seeing Ensiferum (a band for whatever reason inspires people to put their music to LotR clip montages), who are touring with Hypocrisy, Blackguard, Ex Deo, and Swashbuckle.

On the 12th, I'm seeing. Eluveitie, with Belphegor, Alestorm, Kivimetsan Druidi, and Vreid.

Way in January, I'll be seeing Korpiklaani (one of my favorites), Tyr (for the third time, I'm somewhat disenchanted with all the filters that they put Joenson's voice through, it's more nasally than mine in real life. Anyone who has heard me speak will probably piss themselves in shock when they read that.), Swashbuckle (again!?), and White Wizard.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I have recently been introduced to the Gothsicles. It is awesome, check it out. How can you not like someone who sings a song about the Konami Code?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Count_Arioch_the_28th wrote:Their newest album, Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion is actually a folk album. It features songs that were found etched into zinc plates that are literally centuries old, with new music written (only the words were preserved.) I find Brictom to be utterly hypnotic.
Thats crazy, and in metal that means extra cool. I find Omnos gets stuck in my head.

Keldian sounds like they could be the soundtrack for Babylon 5, this makes them awesome.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Recently, I discovered that a remixer I originally learned about on OCRemix actually has dozens of creations I wasn't aware of, and some of his stuff is really nice. It's also semi-obscure (in the sense that actually finding the music can be tricky) and sometimes edges dangerously close to being cheesy enough to enjoy ironically.

One track I downloaded recently is available on Youtube, but the website keeps suddenly force-quitting the browser. If you want to hear it, but face similar problems, you can get the MP3 file by going here:

http://www.video2mp3.net/

input this video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkfmpCIVOg8

It should extract the music and allow you to download the MP3
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

A year late, but last year my sister turned me onto one of her favorite song writers/singers.

-Crissa
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

owl city's pop is pretty infectious.
Vnonymous
Knight

Post by Vnonymous »

I'm going to reccomend Comaduster, http://www.comaduster.com/ , who some of you may recognise from Mass Effect 2.

And Crystal Castles just released their new album, which is great. Every track is amazing, at least as good as Crimewave from the first album.

These are all electronic music so I don't know if the den will like them that much, though.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

I'm absurdly fond of this song
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Vnonymous wrote:I'm going to reccomend Comaduster, http://www.comaduster.com/ , who some of you may recognise from Mass Effect 2.
Very nice minimal techno. Reminds me a bit of Murcof.
ubernoob wrote:I'm absurdly fond of this song
Thanks. I'm not normally a huge fan of Bassnectar, but they have some very nice tracks.
[Edit] Turns out that what I meant to say is that their new album is apparently a lot better than some of their older stuff. [/Edit]
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Blicero
Duke

Post by Blicero »

I've been listening to a lot of Los Campesinos! lately. They're basically just another indie-pop band, but I really like a lot of their songs.

obligatory links are obligatory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dbs9nzErz4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4GethJ ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6SO_yK ... re=related
Out beyond the hull, mucoid strings of non-baryonic matter streamed past like Christ's blood in the firmament.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

ubernoob wrote:I'm absurdly fond of this song
I'm still listening to this song.

For the electronic music fans out there who can stand 1+ hour long mixes, this is an amazing site. It's the collected live mixes of something like 100 DJs. They're hosted on RapidShit, but they should all be legit (i.e. not piracy).
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:For the electronic music fans out there who can stand 1+ hour long mixes,
Stand? Good music is like good sex. The longer it goes on for, the better.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

Here are ten songs I thought vaguely representative, taken by hitting forward on shuffle a bunch of times and writing down the ones I liked:
  • * Wicked - No One Mourns The Wicked
    * Metallica - Battery
    * Glee - Rose's Turn
    * Buffy - Something to Sing About
    * Outkast - Hey Ya!
    * Da Vinci's Notebook - The Gates
    * Don McLean - take a fucking guess
    * Messiah - And he shall purify
    * Notorious B.I.G. - Gimme the Loot
    * Brisk & Ham - Angel Eyes
Yeah. Metal, musicals, classical choral music, oldschool rap, happy hardcore, a capella, random pop. Sounds like me.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Red_Rob wrote:
CatharzGodfoot wrote:For the electronic music fans out there who can stand 1+ hour long mixes,
Stand? Good music is like good sex. The longer it goes on for, the better.
I thought that myself until I tore an ab muscle during an 11 hour sex marathon. These days, I get done in about an hour or so.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

I'm surprised I haven't brought up Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds as of yet.

Also, something I found fairly recently, 16 Horsepower.

Not to be hatin', but I found that owl city song to be aggressively, painfully mediocre, and I am curious to know what you, people whose opinions I usually respect, like about it.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Some Nick Cave is very good.

some of it gets really tiresome....
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

That movie of his was pretty damn good though.

Oh yeah, and on topic. I like Cee Lo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0oTL6YNteM
Last edited by Jilocasin on Mon May 24, 2010 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Well, it's one of those stupid songs that gets stuck in your head. And I can sympathize with trying to sleep and yet thinking of the world. On top of that, my little sister has been following said artist since they started singing, so there's good associations with it.

Yeah, alot of their songs are mediocre; they made big as a Christian artist.

-Crissa
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Owl City...

Listen to like, five of their songs.

Then come back one day later and I'll start playing one, and you will not know which of the five it is.

Every song they sing is identical, except the early Christian ones, which are ass, mostly because they are fucking Christian.

Fucking Jesus is the reason for the season, really? Fuck you Owl City.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

really, the only song I heard was the one Crissa linked me to.

I don't know much about the band but the song was stuck in my head for several hours. I call that infectious pop.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I might have mentioned it before but I'm listening to it on repeat again for some odd reason.

Danger Mouse's "The Grey Album" remix is awesome.

I mean take the Beatles' "White Album" and Jay-Z's "Black Album" and mix it.

It's utterly head bop worthy. I first heard it in a club when it first came out and it actually made me dance in the club. That is incredibly rare. So it has good vibe associations for me.