Like I said a year ago

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Josh_Kablack
King

Like I said a year ago

Post by Josh_Kablack »

"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Username17
Serious Badass

Re: Like I said a year ago

Post by Username17 »

You know, I'm honestly not surprised.

I suspect that those old ladies were displaced for one of two reasons:
  1. To make room for someone that some functionary in HLS was friends with.
    or
  2. A clerical error that won't be admitted to because it is a national security mperative tha the administration not dmit to making clerical errors.

There is a chance that these ladies were involved in the anti-war movement in the sixties or something, but honestly I'm pretty sure it's a lot more venal and incompetent than that.

-Username17
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Unfortunately my only surprise is that the local paper ran it as a front page story and the local congressman in already on board.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Hey_I_Can_Chan
Master

Post by Hey_I_Can_Chan »

To make room for someone that some functionary in HLS was friends with.

Unfortunately, as someone with a decade's experience teaching in the public schools but who's nonetheless been out of work for a year, this sounds like the real reason.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Hey, look at it this way, at least that our president is doing his best to keep two men from walking down the aisle together!
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Hey Count.

Was that a typo, a subliminal message, a reference to a Bushism or a freudian slip?

Because it reads a lot like you were saying he is pro hot gay marital lovin'.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Basically, I hadn't slept in several days, and I forgot to type a word.

Fixed it.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.