See you in October

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Username17
Serious Badass

See you in October

Post by Username17 »

I haven't been around a whole lot lately, and I'm about to be around even less for the next three weeks. I'm shipping out to Montgomery, Alabama with the Red Cross to help with disaster cleanup.

I'll be in Houston airport from 12:13 to 3:35 on Sunday, and then I'll be in Alabama - the birth place of the civil rights movement. I'll be back in California in October.

-Username17

Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Re: See you in October

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

Via con Dios, Frank. I'd offer to buy you lunch Sunday but I suspect you'd break my nose if we met in person ;)

-Desdan
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Lots of luck Frank!! Be safe.

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Desdan_Mervolam at [unixtime wrote:1126920005[/unixtime]]Via con Dios, Frank. I'd offer to buy you lunch Sunday but I suspect you'd break my nose if we met in person ;)

-Desdan

I'm not really sure why I would do that, I've been put into close proximity of worse people on less notice before without breaking their nose...

-Username17
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Hmm. Too bad. I'll be in Santa Cruz next weekend. I would buy you a send-off if I could.

Good luck in 'bama.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

He's never broken my nose ^-^

Be good, Frank. Brains and brawn are what they need. Prolly more brawn, but the brains help.

-Crissa
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Good luck, Frank, and be safe.

Game On,
fbmf
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1126931709[/unixtime]]
I'm not really sure why I would do that, I've been put into close proximity of worse people on less notice before without breaking their nose...

-Username17

Ehh, I don't actually think that would happen, It's just a joke on how seldom my thoughts ever agree with yours. ;)

-Des
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Better brush up on the underwater combat rules, Frank :tongue:
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

So I made the mistake of admitting to having math and computer skills, and I've been placed in "logistics", which basically means that I'm an inventory guy in a warehouse in Gulfport, Mississippi. I work directly under a logistician from the Finnish Army, and he's already said that as soon as he leaves I'm going to take over his duties as well. He's being called to Washington for a debriefing on Tuesday, so as of then I'm going to be managing the shipping and receiving database for Gulfport.

It is a slow day today. I have very little to do until tonight, when I am going to be doing a mad hand-count of basically everything. I think I'm going to try to take a nap this afternoon.

Rita has us locked down pretty tight, earlier today we had tornado warnings because some funnel clouds came down in our area. We're preparing to move the entire warehouse. There's been a couple of companies claiming to own the warehouse we are in right now, and a couple of other companies claiming to have rented it. The building has a few holes in it, but it's the only facility in Gulfport with road and rail access, so people have been playing dirty over it. Now naturally we are reluctant to leave, but United Fruit has their own army, so we feel that it's prudent to turn over the building to them and let the other corps fight it out in the courts if that's what they want to do. Dole bananas wait for nobody, not even the Red cross.

Meanwhile, we don't even know where we are going. There are some other warehouses available, but we can't see their insides. The standing orders are that nobody is allowed onto the territories of the companies that own those places, and that means we need special permission from upstairs just to take a peak inside and see if we can use the place. It's pretty frustrating.

-Username17
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Christ, you make real life sound like [post-] cyberpunk dystopia.

Best of luck. And watch out for those street samurai.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

So Lucy decided to put my emails home online in some sort of livejournal format. That can be accessed here:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/franksmail/

Oh
well, mothers are weird that way. As to the whole "cyberpunk dystopia" thing - yeah that's a pretty accurate assessment. It doesn't get a whole lot more dystopic than a hurricane devastated region, and there are still "YOU LOOT WE SHOOT" signs up in some places. I keep half expecting Fallout style raiders to make a run on the warehouse. It never happens of course, but they never made a move into the NCR either.

-Username17