Someone should make a The Wish and The Word T-shirts.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

User3
Prince

Someone should make a The Wish and The Word T-shirts.

Post by User3 »

I'd wear 'em.

And all of you fucks know you'd wear 'em, too.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Re: Someone should make a The Wish and The Word T-shirts.

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

That would kick ass, actually.

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

What should they say?

"My caster level is bigger than your caster level"?

Also, they better had not be black or grey.
Essence
Knight-Baron

Post by Essence »

Nah, the front would say something like "I'm sure you've sinned against something.", and the back would say "Would you say you wish I stop wishing?".

And we could have a badass logo that incorporates the words "The Wish and The Word" into it somehow.

That would be cool. I'd wear that.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Or we could go with 2 different shirts. One for the Wish and one for the Word, with a "Wish and Word" logo on the front of both and the quotes on the back.

I'd totally wear a shirt that said "I'm sure you've sinned against something." on the back. Not so fond of the Wish quote though.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I'd wear one. I'd wear it at GenCon to the WotC Castle.

Mr. W wrote:
Also, they better had not be black or grey.

Why not?

They had sure as shit better not be white.

Game On,
fbmf
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

How about a Wish and Word logo, as Essence suggested, and have the shirt say:

I was banned from an open contest on the CharOp forums for no reason and all I got was this T-Shirt.

Game On,
fbmf
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1108753243[/unixtime]]How about a Wish and Word logo, as Essence suggested, and have the shirt say:

I was banned from an open contest on the CharOp forums for no reason and all I got was this T-Shirt.

Game On,
fbmf

:lmao:
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
The_Hanged_Man
Knight-Baron

Post by The_Hanged_Man »

fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1108753243[/unixtime]]How about a Wish and Word logo, as Essence suggested, and have the shirt say:

Game On,
fbmf

lmao

edit -should it be:

"I was banned from an open contest on the CharOp forums for no reason and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I would think that they would be orange. Or at least, that's the way I'd want them. If possible, one of those shirts that has no tag in the collar and can be worn either way.

One Side could have each quote. And both sides could have a logo and a tag line like:

"Infinity is Bigger than You."

-Username17
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

So far we have an orange t-shirt, tagless if possible. Now all we need is a WISH/WORD logo and to decide what tag lines go on them.

I really like the one I suggested. Perhaps I am biased.

Game On,
fbmf
Dragon_Child
Apprentice

Post by Dragon_Child »

I like this this quote: Race/Class/Level: The Word is a Human Sorcerer 1/ Assassin 1/Wujen 1/ Warmage 1/Mage of the Arcane Order 9/ Wizard 1/Sublime Chord 1/ Suel Arcanamach 1/Emancipated Spawn 2/Bard 1. Yes, Really.

Although I don't know how shirtable it is.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

It would also have to look good in Black, seeing as how Keith doesn't wear any other color.

-Username17
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Here's the best logo I could up with in 10 minutes in MS Paint:

The lettering was freehand and will need considerable work yet, but the color scheme should work on an orange background (as shown) or on a black one.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Boulie_98
Journeyman

Post by Boulie_98 »

Wish you were here.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

We could go with separate "Wish" and "Word" shirts, with the Wish being black-based and the Word being orange-based.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I was toying around with the idea of doing a wish/word ambigram. I don't know if I can pull it off or not, but I figure if I can make pictures out of Arabic script, then I've got a decent chance.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I was thinking something along the lines of making a "Wish and Word" logo, maybe with the caption: "The build that defeated WotC CharOp!" Or something along those lines.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Essence at [unixtime wrote:1108746079[/unixtime]]Nah, the front would say something like "I'm sure you've sinned against something.", and the back would say "Would you say you wish I stop wishing?".

I like this one, and the "infinity is bigger than you" one.

Also, Orange is pretty cool. I've got a lot of clothes that combine well with that.
Murtak
Duke

Post by Murtak »

Dragon_Child at [unixtime wrote:1108763186[/unixtime]]I like this this quote: Race/Class/Level: The Word is a Human Sorcerer 1/ Assassin 1/Wujen 1/ Warmage 1/Mage of the Arcane Order 9/ Wizard 1/Sublime Chord 1/ Suel Arcanamach 1/Emancipated Spawn 2/Bard 1. Yes, Really.

Although I don't know how shirtable it is.

That should work just fine.

Code: Select all

[br]        The Word is a Human[br][br]Wizard 1    Assassin 1    Wujen 1  Bard 1[br]    Sorcerer 1     Suel Arcanamach 1[br]      Mage of the Arcane Order 9[br]         Emancipated  Spawn 2[br]           Sublime Chord 1[br]              Warmage 1  [br]

Although it still needs the SS race rituals worded in somehow. (maybe "the word is an ex... ex... ex... human"?)
Murtak
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

How about a Word shirt with his quote(orange), a Wish Shirt with his quote(orange), and a combo black shirt with orange sleeves with a:

"Only builds in the Most Powerful PCs CharOp contest to concurrantly:
1. Win the contest.
2. Be disqualified, and
3. Receive an Honerable Mention."
erik
King

Post by erik »

Heh, I was looking for the original wish and word posts and such, or at least the thread on char op (their search function is apparently down). I found this via google:
http://202.67.150.4/forums/archive/inde ... r][br]Your mischief is spreading.

I wanted to get a gander at the info that was on that page for ideas for the t-shirts. I lack any decent painting/photoshop programs at the moment (am in the end stages of transition to my new home and gettin married and such), but I was trying to think of themed ways to draw the names...

Say a genie lamp for the "W" of wish, and smoke spelling the "ish"... the Word is a tougher nut to crack for a clever way to draw the name. Was pondering an anthropomorphic lettering scheme, races for each letter (human for the W, shadow for the O, rakshasa for the R, human again for the D), or something more biblicalish, with the good/evil theme in mind. Mebbe just gothic lettering. I'll probably try to whip something up in May once things have calmed down fer me.

[edit: typoes... apparently my keyboard buffer can't keep up with my mad typing sk]
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

clikml at [unixtime wrote:1111479594[/unixtime]]Heh, I was looking for the original wish and word posts and such, or at least the thread on char op (their search function is apparently down). I found this via google:
http://202.67.150.4/forums/archive/inde ... r][br]Your mischief is spreading.

Wow - not only is the mischief spreading, but it's being (essentially) ripped off. I saw no credit given to Frank and/or K anywhere in that thread.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

That's not cool at all :nonono:
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

They've been given credit as of yesterday, and the OP got chastised for it. As an added bonus, The Gaming Den got a plug as well.

Game On,
fbmf