Being hated in the online community...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Catharz_Godsfoot
NPC

Being hated in the online community...

Post by Catharz_Godsfoot »

[TGFBS]

To keep the other thread on topic, this portion of the thread was split off. As long as it remains lighthearted, I see no reason we can't keep it open.

[/TGFBS]

fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1095718130[/unixtime]]Kewl. If you get to feeling really ambitious, you might even post on the Welcome thread in MPSIMS.

Game On,
fbmf

Thats sounds like a lot of trouble... I don't know. What if they hate me?
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Re: Get a freaking bboard account.

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

Don't worry about that. We hated you before you joined. :uptosomething:

-K
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Catharz_Godsfoot
NPC

Post by Catharz_Godsfoot »

Desdan_Mervolam at [unixtime wrote:1095791828[/unixtime]]Don't worry about that. We hated you before you joined. :uptosomething:

-K

I'm glad to know that my reputation can precede me!
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I'm pretty lost right now. As one of the most hated people in the online gaming community, I demand to know how someone else could have gotten a leg up on me!

-Username17
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I find myself sympathsizing with Frank in ways I cannot understand. And it's... scary.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Ditto! :wtf:

Game On,
fbmf
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

It's simple Frank. You just need to make your assertations more outlandish, and your delivery more abrasive. Then you'll be back on your path to being the most hated person around.

-Desdan
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

It's not going to happen anymore.

I remember back in the day when people were outrageously shocked by Frank's assertions that monks sucked and Frank outlined The Frank Cheat. And people were seriously, seriously trying to claim that the arcane archer was better than his Cleric Archer.

Now that Frank's assertions are actually gaining ground among a sizable minority of fans, his hate factor has gone in the downwards directions.

Now what Frank SHOULD do is appear on some WoD forums and rip the entire system apart! Yeah! That'll give you the reputation of Frankcop.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Damnit, am I going to have to figure out how one goes about making unlimited numbers of Werewolf/Vampire Abominations again for the new system? That would require actually reading the new splat books all the way through...

-Username17
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

I dunno.

Raven S. McCraken still has the edge in my hate book. He really does send nasty emails to people (like Anthony Burlingame) who mock World of Synibarr. And, well, mocking World of Synibarr is pretty much our patriotic duty as gamers.

"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Unless you wish to poke fun at yourself, please do not name specific people that you have it in for.

[/TGFBS]
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Can I make vague references to authors of certain books?

As in, 'I totally want to purple nurple the guy who spearheaded the 3.5E edition'.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Although death and torture threats and wishes are right out, say whatever else you will about the game designers.

[/TGFBS]
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Now we're going to have to get all mafioso on this topic.

"It would not displease me if Skip Williams were to have an unfortunate accident while climbing stairs, causing him to break both arms". ;)

-Desdan
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Damnit, am I going to have to figure out how one goes about making unlimited numbers of Werewolf/Vampire Abominations again for the new system? That would require actually reading the new splat books all the way through...

Frank, what are you saying? You read, no, combed through the unerrata'd copy of Complete Divine. Some sissy Whitewolf supplement shouldn't even make you flinch.

C'MON DUDE I KNOW YOU HAVE IT IN YOU
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Heh.

CLT: FREELOADER (RMX) -- Driftwood vs. peter luts
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Count: Righton. MiH kicks ass.

-Des
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Cool comic.
rapanui
Knight

Post by rapanui »

Heh, I love MiH.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I'm going to do my absolute best to get myself hated in the Mutants and Masterminds community. This is like an absolute gold mine.

The future is Lago.
Username17
Serious Badass

I kill your family, party of three.

Post by Username17 »

You seem to have failed then. People in the M&M community have blasted Giant as a liar and a thief, while as you only get people to flap their arms about how people shouldn't make overpriced things cheaper because that way there wouldn't be an incentive to buy the other things which people shouldn't buy because they are cheesy.

Ironic, that. Giant has done a lot of smack talking over the years (Mod Edit: Accusation removed)but I've never seen shit stick to him like that before. Impressive.

-Username17
MrWaeseL
Duke

Re: I kill your family, party of three.

Post by MrWaeseL »

On another D&D forum I visit (a small one, with like 6 active members), I'm the "rollplayer" and the rest are roleplayers. There's even a guy there who has made an actual 10/10 cleric wizard.

Anyway, I'm the only non-moderator of the 6, and they're using the private moderator forum to kvetch about me.
Boulie_98
Journeyman

Post by Boulie_98 »

Then why not stop going there?
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Because it gives me something to complain about ;)

Plus, being hated is a whole new experience for me...