Mountain Dew

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

MrWaeseL
Duke

Mountain Dew

Post by MrWaeseL »

So a store in my hometown had some cans for sale, and I tried one. Much to my surprise, It tasted just like Sprite (or 7up), except that it's green. What's up with that? By the way every (american) gamer talks about it, you'd think it was the frickin' nectar of the gods or something.
Josh_Kablack
King

Re: Mountain Dew

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Heathen Infidel. Recant your blasphemeous assertion at once!!
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

It doesn't taste a damn thing like Sprite, it has grapefruit in it. Also, it is highly caffinated.

-Username17
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

Maybe he got ahold of Mountain Dew: Baja Blast. That tastes like Sprite, albeit with the special secret ingredient 'Ass'.

-Des
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

...not like Mountain Dew Orange or Mountain Dew Black, both of which are awesome. BTW, while the bottle of regular Mountain Dew is green, the actual soda is yellow like the clear mountain snow melt it is made from. Like how Sprite looks green until you pour it into a cup - revealing it to be clear.

-Username17
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

I haven't tried Black, but I like Code Red and Livewire(orange).

-Desdan
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Montain Dew is uncool, not as bad as Dr. Pepper though.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Nectar of the Gods Reference: It contains copious amounts of caffiene, allowing you to stay up late gaming.

Game On,
fbmf
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

It just makes me puke.

And I don't think any variant would not make me puke, for the record.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Joy_Division
Apprentice

Post by Joy_Division »

fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1095367347[/unixtime]]Nectar of the Gods Reference: It contains copious amounts of caffiene, allowing you to stay up late gaming.

Game On,
fbmf

Not in Canada. The government thought it would help people by making it illegal to add caffeine to clear beverages. For some reason they thought people couldn't tell that mountain dew was caffinated :bored:

[/retardedbuttrue]
Tae_Kwon_Dan
Journeyman

Post by Tae_Kwon_Dan »

I'm further worried that you crazy Canucks think the Dew is any way, shape, or form "clear." :wtf:
Joy_Division
Apprentice

Post by Joy_Division »

They defined clear as anything that isn't brown. You'd think mountain dew could get off on a technicality since some teas are yellow.
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Well, they're yellow as in light brown, and Mountain Dew is yellow as in Chernobyl Piss Yellow. There's a difference between them ;)

-Desdan

Woo, lets see you drink that stuff NOW!
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

When it comes to regular Mountain Dew or something else, I'll take Barq's. If it were between Code Red or Livewire and something else... It depends on how fruity I'm feeling.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I think I'd rather drink my own feces than drink Mountain dew.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Josh_Kablack
King

Re: The need for orthodoxy

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Start with a simple heresy, like
Much to my surprise, It tasted just like Sprite (or 7up), except that it's green.

and before long you get THE COLLAPSE OF CIVILIZATION AS WE KNOW IT:

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1095613115[/unixtime]]I think I'd rather drink my own feces than drink Mountain dew.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Josh, Mountain Dew makes this strange, bitter plaque film on the back of my tongue like no other soda pop.

Plus, it's bad for your teeth.

I still like it, though, when I simply must have a soda pop.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Lago wrote:Mountain Dew makes this strange, bitter plaque film on the back of my tongue like no other soda pop.

That's how you know it's working.

-Username17
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

:lmao:

Game On,
fbmf