All about you

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

All about you

Post by Ramnza »

So, some of our online names don't lend themselves to...frankly, who we really are. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I'm twenty-three year old, fine female:wink:and I'm in San Antonio.

Just another way to get to know each other.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: All about you

Post by fbmf »

I'm 25. I'm from Texas.

Game On,
fbmf
Jack_Lurch
Apprentice

Post by Jack_Lurch »

The Great Fence Builder wrote:
I'm 25. I'm from Texas.

Me too. Me too.

-Jack
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I'm 26 and live in Olympia, Washington. Married for 3+ years to my husband (Essence); no kids...

:D
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

23, male, married to Amethyst Butterfly, another poster you see sometimes at nifty. (Been trying to get her aropund here, but she doesn't share my passion for D&D. She likes it, but she'd rather play Evercrap than D&D. )

I live in virginia, I work as a turd herder. (That is, I work in a wastewater treatment plant), working on my ecology degree, built like a giant beardless dwarf.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Tae_Kwon_Dan
Journeyman

Post by Tae_Kwon_Dan »

I'm 25, live in Atlanta, GA and am unmarried, but have a long term, live-in, girlfriend. I work as a support engineer for a logistics software firm and utterly despise my job. I have a future career plan of winning the lottery and opening a gaming store.

So far it's progressing nicely.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

I'm a 33-year old peon with a college degree who lives in Dayton, OH. I'm an aspiring sci-fi/fantasy writer, though that's not coming along very well at the moment.
Doom314's satirical 4e power wrote:Complete AnnihilationWar-metawarrior 1

An awesome bolt of multicolored light fires from your eyes and strikes your foe, disintegrating him into a fine dust in a nonmagical way.

At-will: Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon ("sword", range 10/20)
Target: One Creature
Attack: Con vs AC
Hit: [W] + Con, and the target is slowed.
Thoth_Amon
Journeyman

Post by Thoth_Amon »

I read this whole thing. Shockingly, it is actually not "All about me".

:confused:

I am 33, have 3 kids, living in Virginia about 15 miles from DC.

TA
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Do you want longer answers? :uptosomething: I followed the example set by Ramnza, since she began the thread.
Thoth_Amon
Journeyman

Post by Thoth_Amon »

No, I want everyone to just write about Thoth Amon.

TA
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I certainly was under the impression tat this thread was all about [whoview]. I mean, if you look at the tone of the original post, that certainly seems to be what's indicated.

-Username17
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

You mean like she was trying to hit on me or something? Okay, maybe she was. You should have seen what I edited out!

If that was the case, I suppose I should answer her question more directly.

Ramnza wrote:
So, some of our online names don't lend themselves to...frankly, who we really are.

I agree. I haven't actually built a fence in years, and I certainly do not suffer from the Oedipus complex. Other than that...

fbmf wrote:
I'm 25. I'm from Texas.

...about covers it.

Game On,
fbmf
Jack_Lurch
Apprentice

Post by Jack_Lurch »

The Great Fence Builder wrote:
You mean like she was trying to hit on me or something? Okay, maybe she was.

:thumb: Go on with your bad self!

-Jack
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Okay, guys.

I've known her for years. We game together at least weekly.

She knows who I am. She wants to know who you guys are.

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1072125796[/unixtime]]I certainly was under the impression tat this thread was all about [whoview]. I mean, if you look at the tone of the original post, that certainly seems to be what's indicated.

-Username17

Image Image Image Image

Frank! Image You rule! It's been so long since I've seen that tag used, I almost forgot it existed.

Image Image
Tae_Kwon_Dan
Journeyman

Post by Tae_Kwon_Dan »

:lol:

I had forgotten about that myself. Comedy gold.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

:bored:

[action]awards Frank 50 points[/action]

I'm disabling the WHOVIEW tag.

Game On,
fbmf

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

You have to wait on that tag until it really works in the context of the thread.

Heh. I have 50 points.

-Username17
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Dang, I forgot about that thing.

I was going to freak people out and put this as my sig "My wife said she always wanted a three way with me and [whoview]."

But I forgot it even existed. Dangit.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

moo?

I just wanted to know some stuff about you guys cause lets face it, some of our names aren't very revealing. And it seemed that a lot of you are already familiar with each other. So, I asked. You can be as detailed as you like.

I'm a published creative short story writer
I'm an afterschool teacher working on my certification, I already have a BA in English.
I love to paint and read.
I love yoga, walking, and pilates.
I have a cute, fluffy, fat cat.
My favorite pet was a rat that I raised for two years before he died....:sad:

The list can go on. Just post what you'd like to let everyone know about you.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Alright.

My hobbies include Gaming, yelling at stupid people on message boards, and reading.

I never watch TV, and I think the Atkins Diet is the tool of the devil.

I am definately someone who would tell you anything to your face, as in, if I say something mean to you on baords, then I'd tell it to your face. (In fact, I'd prefer to do that, but that's impossible.)

I hate christmas, and think that that Grinch fella had a lot of good ideas.

Also, I like to say weird things to people just to see what they say or do. If they don't panic, I usually make friends with them.

I have three cats and a rabbit. I own my own home, up in northwest VA.

According to the Book of Vile Darkness, I count as a vile person. <shrug>
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

Wow.

Now that's what I'm talking about!:thumb:
Alhadis
NPC

Post by Alhadis »

Here's my profile. ^_^

Name: John Gardner (my friends just call me Johnny G)
Age: 16... not happy about it :sad: I'm gripping onto my teen-years by my fingernails! (I'm turning 17 soon...)
Location: Australia. With bloody strong national pride, to boot.
Sex: Male
Favourite Food: To put it bluntly, there's practically *nothing* I won't eat, and *nothing* I don't like! I eat like a horse, which is kinda disturbing for others at the dinner table. Mostly why we don't go out to public restaurants much.
Favourite Game: (Computer, or sport?)
Favourite Book: "Of Mice and Men"- John Steinbeck. We read it for an English assessment, and it's been the best book I've ever read. :grinstatic:
Preferred Core D&D Class: Druid
Favourite Core D&D Race: Dwarf.
Sport/Physical activites: Well, I'm *really* interested in martial arts. And swimming and cycling are my other favs (albiet I'm not terribly good at either of 'em). Overall, I'm not too much of an athletic person.
Eyes: Blue, although they're somewhat hazel at the same time.
Hair: Very dark brown (almost black)
Hobbies: Well, let's see... martial arts, writing, world-crafting, cycling, swimming, playing my Xbox/PC, role-playing, message boards, working with HTML, philosophy, church, collecting gemstones, Aztec history... aww, geez- too many to list here!
Job: Currently doing my last year of high school (down here, we call it VCE- Victorian Certificate of Education)
Personality: In relation to Arithmomancy, I'm as about an archetypical 'eight' as they come: "Eight is a strange and contradictory number in which there are echoes of the rebelliousness of four. Governed by Saturn, number-eight people must suffer sorrow along with any success. If you are an eight person, you possess great will power and individuality, yet you are always misunderstood, party as a result of hiding your strong feelings beneath a cold exterior. You must try to be more open, less intense, and strive to make friends. Dark colours suit you best, in the range of dark grey, black, dark blue and purple. Your stone is amethyst, a dark sapphire or even a black pearl. Your tarot card is Strength, and strength is what you need to triumph over such an unlucky number as eight.” (That is me to an absolute tee. Even I couldn’t write a better description of myself. ^_^)
Religion: 100% pure Anglican-brand Christian. And damn proud of it.

There y'all go.... How's that for an introduction? ^_^
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

Wow...Wow. That was really detailed. I feel like you just cleaned out your closet. Cool beans.

Cling, cling, cling on to your teens baby, cause let me tell you, I'm going to turn 24 in Feb, and I feel...well, I fell like I'm still 16. Maybe you don't have to cling afterall. Probably because I still look like I'm 16. In fact today I got hit on at the supermarket and eventually had to tell the guy that I'd be robbing the cradle, among other things.

:biggrin:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

No no no!

Run in horror from the terror that is the teenage years! Get the hell out ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Sorry ramnza, but with the experiences I had as a teenager, anyone saying anything that even remotely sounds like they were the best years of my life gets smacked. Image

Hell, anyone saying that anything positive came out of being a teenager gets smacked too, My teenage years are officially the worse years of my life, and they got immensely better as I became an adult.