A few Tome feats

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

ckafrica
Duke

Post by ckafrica »

Tell me if this cuts the mustard

Weapon Throwing [Combat]
You throw things at people to hurt them.
+0: You can quickdraw a weapon designed to be thrown.
+1: Any weapon you can wield one handed has a base throw range of 10’ even if it is not designed to do so.
+6: All base throw ranges double
+11: Thrown weapons return to you at the beginning of your next turn as if enchanted with the return ability.
+16: You can throw a weapon as full round action which strikes as many targets as you wish within medium range. Each target beyond one incurs a cumulative -2 penalty to hit all targets.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Add options, not numbers.

Being able to perform at-range disarms, bull-rushes, trips etc. would be good things to add.

I'd say the you can throw any weapon you can wield with one hand 10' is the first +0 BaB ability.

+1 if you have just thrown a weapon you can draw a new weapon that you can wield with one hand as a non-action

+6 you can make trip, bull-rush, etc. attacks with a thrown weapon attack, these all count as normal attack actions.

+11 your ranges for throwing double plus something else

+16 you can attack in lines when throwing a weapon, make one attack roll that is compared against the AC of each target, they they are hit they take damage, if not the weapon bounces off and keeps moving
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, I'm thinking about +16 abilities for Eleven Testicles, and possibly a more serious name...

How about if the +16 ability was to make your natural weapons do damage as if one or two sizes larger? or, if they could, as a swift action, enlarge while in an opponent?, possibly a size cat. increase and swift action enlarge while in target to do extra damage?

as for names...
Natural Armoury
Savage Endowment
Testicular Fortitude?[/joke?]
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

You know.... this thread might be useful; I forgot about that Throwing Weapon feat; and I'm making a throwing weapon character.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

For the +11 ability of the Thrown Weapon feat give the ability to attack everyone within 30ft. with a thrown weapon as a fullround action.

Maybe require that you need as many weapons as their are targets or be a little goofy and do it like the Blood Storm Blade from the Tome of Battle.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Prak: sounds good. As for names, if we're referring to the "I dip my horn in molten steel, ifyaknowwhatimean" one, then perhaps:

Golden Claws
Savage Rending
Sharpened Savagery
Bite of Steel
Adamantium Rage That's a Wolverine comic/video game
Silver Fang That's a Werewolf: the Yiffing breed
Balls of Steel That's a Duke Nukem pinball game
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

actually... I think I've hit on a good solution to the 11 testicles name thing... 11 testicles is the meta-name, it's what players recognize, but when it's referred to in game, or in class features, or whatever, you just give it an appropriate name:
result of some mad chirurgeon grafting metal bits onto people?
-Omega Project Test Subject
reflects the metal bits of a hellspawn's body?
-Hellspawn's Lethality
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.