The Obligatory Rules Thread, Take Two

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

The Obligatory Rules Thread, Take Two

Post by fbmf »

( I deleted the last one, because old feuds were being rehashed. That is/was unacceptable, so please confine this thread to questions about the rules of this board, or PM me if you are more comfortable with that. Any old feud you have with another poster should be resolved via PM, e-mail, or pretty much any other method except my message board.)

Now then, the rules:

Do not talk about "inappropriate" subjects. "X"Rated subjects are certainly not allowed, and you're moving into uncertain territory at an "R" rating. (Assume, for the purposes of this example, that this board is an "independent film" (see below)).

Do not endlessly rant on about a mod decision.

Spamming will not be tolerated, especially if it is obvious that you're just trying to up your post count.

If you feel the need to cuss and swear that's fine, but certain words will be filtered out, and "dodging" the filter is not permitted.

I will lock/delete/whatever discussions about real world "flammable" topics (especially politics, religion, or old feuds) at the first sign of tempers flaring.

Do not continually bash or personally attack (or counter attack) anyone, even someone who is not a regular here.

I am not always going to be "on duty", though I will spend as much time here as I am able. As such, I will not always "moderate" in real time. Please make use of the Report to Mod function if you feel you need to. Even if I do not respond immediately, I will respond.

If you are asked by the Original Poster to stay out of a thread in the Title of the thread, then stay out of the thread. If you do not want a particular poster in your thread, include "(Name), please stay out." in the thread title. EDITED 10 July 2019: Management reserves the right to overrule your excluding other posters. Shit talking a poster in a thread you've excluded them from (i.e.-in a thread they're not supposed to reply in) is a good way to get me (or my associates) to overrule you.

Knowingly leaving your tags broken will incur my wrath.

Wishing death on someone is not allowed. This includes telling someone they should "Die in a fire" and similar sentiments.

If you have any questions, PM me and we'll talk.

Game On,
fbmf

Last edited by fbmf on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: The Obligatory Rules Thread, Take Two

Post by fbmf »

A word about "R" and "X" rated.

Frank pointed out that these are subjective terms and depend on how much payola your production studio is able to bribe the MPAA execs with. As he so eloquently phrased it:

Frank wrote:
When Sony shows a nipple it gets them a PG or R as desired, while an independent film maker can be pretty assured that any movie made with two guys kissing in it is going to get an R or even NC-17.

A fine point.

For our purposes, consider these boards to be an "independent film", as noted above.

Game On,
fbmf
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Okay, gotcha.

Female nipples = good.

Men kissing = bad.

How about women kissing?

:uptosomething:

(Note: I am being facetious here, don't take this too seriously.)
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

May I post links to ecchi (read: perverse and adult) websites as long as I make gigantic, and I mean GIGANTIC amounts of Don't Read: Not Work Safe and Satan Will Enter Your Soul Through Your Groin If You Read This and soforth tags?

I sometimes like to reference Seanbaby and Ecchi-Attack, but those two places use the F word on their website and posts stuff that is the regular fodder of Something Awful.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Heh, I'm pretty sure that Bbboy has problems with tentacles, Lago.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Lago,

I'm going to have to say "no" for now. If it's a big deal, e-mail me a sample link and I'll check it out.

From the way you describe it, though, I suspect bbboy would whip my ass if I allowed it.

Game On,
fbmf
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Is it okay to link to a thread for the purposes of making fun of it? For example a thread where people are claiming dodge is a good feat.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

As long as you are making fun of the "idea", and not the posters themselves, knock yourself out. No referencing specific posters in your tirade though, please.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]

Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Aww nuts.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

My response was not to your liking, then?

Game On,
fbmf
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Seeing I want to make fun of people, not really.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I believe Vaalingrade Ashland still has the thread from the original WotC-game over on Nifty. Check in Gamer Yarns.

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Fbmf, that thread has been locked, but Vaal has something like it (in theory) on his boards. They may be found here.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Vaalingrade_Ashland
NPC

Post by Vaalingrade_Ashland »

I never actually started a thread for the game because I forgot the rules, and couldn't find them again on Nifty which is why I didn't start it anew :( . Feel free to start it, though, I found it most amusing.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

OK, seriously dudes, what the hell are you guys talking about?

This is hypothetically a rules thread, and everyone here is talking in cryptic sygils and self-referential hand signals. It's got to stop.

-Username17
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

They're talking about a thread that used to be on Nifty in which people linked the dumbest WotC threads.
Doom314's satirical 4e power wrote:Complete AnnihilationWar-metawarrior 1

An awesome bolt of multicolored light fires from your eyes and strikes your foe, disintegrating him into a fine dust in a nonmagical way.

At-will: Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon ("sword", range 10/20)
Target: One Creature
Attack: Con vs AC
Hit: [W] + Con, and the target is slowed.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Yeah, and whenever someone who posted on Nifty said anything on WotC, there was one dude that would link to that thread to try to discredit them.

How that was supposed to work, I have no clue. I don't see said person on this board, Nifty, nor WotC, nad haven't for a long time.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Alright, I got some new rules requests. Note that I'm posting this on Nifty too, because these things have been a pain in my dick for a while.

Note that I would like to say that FBMF here is enforcing said rules in a fair and just manner, by the way. I'm not railing against the moderator, I'm railing against the rules themselves.

I will make two suggestions:

1. The off-topic rule is retarded. It was retarded on wotC, it was retarded on Nifty, and it continues the legacy of retardation here. If the thread goes off topic, it's off topic. If no one can manage the Diplomacy check to get it back on topic, then they should have invested in more diplomacy, or not have taken Charisma as their dump stat. If the thread was about the Duskblade, and five paces later people are talking about burgers, the thread is now about burgers.

2. I would very much like there to be one forum dedicated solely for ranting. As in, one forum that's free game, no coC, no rules, no post editing. If someone things [whoview] is a cocksucking asshole, they start a thread entitled "[whoview] is a cocksucking asshole" and go from there.

Sounds rediculous? Well, hear me out. I have been on several boards that had a rant forum just for people to verbally abuse each other. And the rest of the board was remarkably abuse free. No one violates the CoC to insult someone, because they can go over to the rant forum and do it.

Now, if you think my ideas suck, whatever. I ain't gonna throw a fit about it if I don't get my way. Just something to think about.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I don't mind starting a new thread when it goes off topic, but it can be confusing when I now own a thread I didn't think I owned... There's no context. Could a 'this was from page n of thread x' be the first post?

Also, boys kissing and gay characters are on TV-14. Does that mean it's okay here now? It is a few years later...

-Crissa
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

You want to discuss your Gay PC? Whatever, as long as its tasteful. This isn't literotica.

Game On,
fbmf
Count Arioch the 28th
King

fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1148865229[/unixtime]]You want to discuss your Gay PC? Whatever, as long as its tasteful. This isn't literotica.

Game On,
fbmf

Hey, leave Bloodkrust the Fabulous out of this, fence-dude.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: FBMF Rules

Post by fbmf »

Krowout,

A post about your website would be fine in MPSIMS. You are welcome to have a link in your signature.

Go ahead and link us up. New people are always welcome.

Game On,
fbmf
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Filter? What filter?

Is the first post kept for the lulz or sweet memories, or some other reason? Cuz some of those situations have changed.

Like Rupert Murdoch and News Corps. recent takeover of this website's parent company, those swinehound [FBI edit] [FBI edit] neocon [FBI edit] bastards OH SHIIIII I WASN'T ALLOWED TO SAY TH[FBI edit]

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Sigma wrote:Filter? What filter?

Certain words are filtered on the boards - fuck used to be one of them. I'm not exactly sure what the other words are because I generally don't use words that require filtering, and when they do come up, I have no way of distinguishing one word from another because they're replaced by a big [EDITED].

More often than not, I've found language filters more a pain in the ass - especially when they go off due to a typo - than helpful. It's a hindrance to clear communication.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

Maj at [unixtime wrote:1186719055[/unixtime]]More often than not, I've found language filters more a pain in the ass - especially when they go off due to a typo - than helpful. It's a hindrance to clear communication.

I agree. Though I'd rather suffer under the injustice that is the word filter than languish without the cold pool of water amidst a desert that is this great forum!

:WTF: OK, what in hell did I just channel?