1st Level

New Website: Old News and the Seward Follies

Post by TarlSS »

The Seward Follies
Old News

The State of the Union
January 2, 2100
Juno, Juno Republic

Since the dissolution of the United States at the end of the Great War, the Juno Republic has served as the last known bastion of civilization and humanity. Blessed with Alaska's relatively untouched natural resources, we have persevered throughout famine, hunger and disease to maintain our way of life.
I am proud to say the new Prohibition Legislation is a continuation of that tradition. We can now harken back to the days of the old world, where we could live with out neighbors without fear of guns or the influence of substance abuse.
In order to maintain order and the safety of our most remote townships, the National Guard will be significantly expanding it's influence in the border regions. I hope everyone will embrace the changes for a more civilized union.

-Senator Marcus Kensington

---

About Old News
Old News is web comic/news parody page set in a Post-Apocalyptic world where human civilization has been devastated by nuclear, biological and conventional warfare. The world's infrastructure has been torn to pieces, leaving the survivors living in a harsh and desolate wilderness. A few bastions of civilization remain, and try to eke out the glories of their past.

Old News basically consists of news clippings and articles from pre-war and post-war sources. Slowly, they will reveal the tales of the Great War, and those that survived it.

Currently two threads have been established.
In the post-war age, the Juno Republic of Alaska tries to reconstruct the glory of the former United States, but struggles with the many mistakes the US made in the past. A ban on firearms and alcohol threaten to turn the last democratic civilized nation into a facist dictatorship.
In the pre-war age, the Japanese have resurged. Mired in a top-heavy and indulgent culture, plagued with a negative birthrate and degrading culture, they rebuild their military. Morale surges. And with that, the demand for new holdings and national pride rise again. Armed with the best technologies and influenced by a highly imaginative artistic culture, the Neo-Japanese Empire wages a war that spans continents.
The world's only hope against stopping the tide of mecha and genesculpted soldiers is the United States, led by President Schwarzenegger.

---

This is my first attempt at doing anything involving well, regularly updated written content, humor or otherwise. The plan is at least for weekly updates, but due to the minimal effort required, articles every few days, or even day or whatever might be possible.

Open RPG Online Campaign
I've hosted Old News on the website for my campaign setting, the Seward Follies, which is a D20 Modern campaign set in the same setting. The game deals with the Juno Republic and the post-war, and is the inspiration for Old News. the campaign starts out in the township of Seward, where the players stumble upon a cash of illicit guns and booze on the eve of the Prohibition Legislation. Will they succumb to temptation, and begin a new age of speakeasies and gangsters in a world gone mad?