Campaign Milestones!

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Campaign Milestones!

Post by fbmf »

According to my records, my regular Sunday game had it's 25th session yesterday.

:jump:

My twice monthly game had it's 25th session about three months ago, but I didn't have a message board to post it on, so I'm saying it now.:thumb:

Game On,
fbmf
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Re: Campaign Milestones!

Post by Ramnza »

You forgot to mention that this 25th gaming session is spawned from a previous campaign and we have successfully managed to keep the 2nd generation campaign alive regardless of the near death experiences one of our DMs keeps putting us through...not naming names...I think it was me...:rolleyes:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

While in the process of inviting a new player, I realized that this particular campaign has gone on for over three years. Not too bad, I say.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Last session we had three PC deaths, including one PC being killed twice, which ties a previous record.

Game On,
fbmf
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I've only had one death in my game, but it was a fluke, an ogre fighter/devoted defender got a lucky crit with an oversized mercurial greatsword, took the monk down to exactly -10 in one hit, all the way from full HP.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

How many hp did the monk have?
Count Arioch the 28th
King

forty-something. I don't remember, that was over a year ago.

Oh well, he shouldn't have tried to flurry an ogre in full plate anyway.
Alhadis
NPC

Post by Alhadis »

25th-session?? Wow... we've barely even had our 12th. :blush:
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

My monthly game will be two years old when next we gather.

Game On,
fbmf
ambersloan
NPC

Post by ambersloan »

fbmf, congratulations on these campaign milestones. A donation will be made, subject to board approval of course, to a certain role-playing library on your behalf as well as on behalf of all the little people who made these milestones possible.

Dominus vobiscum.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

My Shadowrun campaign has been going for over a year of game time, and that corresponds to about 40 sessions.

-Username17
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

My longest campaign went from 1st to 12th, over the course of something like 8 months.
dbb
Knight

Post by dbb »

My longest campaign (not counting the forgettable games I ran as a teenager) reached right up to around 9th-10th level, from "Against the Cult of the Reptile God" all the way to the end of "Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl" before it ended after half the players moved to Alaska. It took about a year and a half to get there, I guess.

The campaign where we completed "Temple of Elemental Evil" ran right up to 11th level or so over a period of about 2 years, though this was just as a player. If you count this, the followup "Tomb of Horrors" game I ran later, and the Glacial Rift game above (both of which were in the same world and featured a bunch of the same players), that used up about 4 years of gameplay. And yes, they all used AD&D1.

My own personal active milestone is that it's now been about two years since I've played in a game. That's the longest since I was in college.

--d.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I've played or DMed in one campaign since third edition came out all the way to 20th.

I currently co-DM/DM two campaigns that should be over by the end of the year.

Game On,
fbmf
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1119961331[/unixtime]]My longest campaign went from 1st to 12th, over the course of something like 8 months.

Meh, that's nothing.

I once kept my group at level 1 for about 13 sessions.

Of course, there was about 8 PCs, and they didn't really need to level up; but also, the fact that they had to split the xp 8 ways was partly why they leveled so slowly early on.

I didn't want to throw a lot of monsters at them and I was just getting the hang of DMing again with the 3.0/3.5 rules.

That campaign lasted till about level 7 and took well over a year and a half of weekly playing.

When I start that game up again (seriously, we have too many campaigns that are well run all running at the same time) I'll simply move the plot along 5-10 years and have the players make new 5th lvl characters that have to do missions for their old characters who run this tradecity-fortress on the seashore.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

My longest campaign is over 5 years. It depends on how you count it, but we played about 3x/month for 5 years (8th grade to 12th), and on/off after I went to college (continued at 1-2x/month for freshmen year), and on/off 1x/3months after that. We STILL HAVE all 4 of our original characters. The highest is my wizard at level 9. The fact that this is second edition makes up that level. The sadest part is that we play 0=dead, and my wizard feigned death at level one after an orc threw a rock at him (I rolled a 3 for hp, rocks do 1d4).
Brobdingnagian
Knight

Post by Brobdingnagian »

My first campaign ever was Dragonlance. It went a total of three sessions and by the end of it, I was level six.

Don't ask.
FYAGrim
NPC

Post by FYAGrim »

I just a few weeks ago finished running a game of Vampire after 3 years. We started off in the Dark Ages (Transylvania Chronicles with some extra stuff thrown in) right up to the Modern Nights and finally into Gehenna. It was pretty epic and very fun, but thinking back the reason I started running it was because I wanted to coax other people into DMing - only that just never happened.