Looking for PrC´s...

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Sma
Master

Looking for PrC´s...

Post by Sma »

Which grant Domains in a one level dip, or two Domains in two Levels :). I´m already using the old Divine Disciple, and Contemplative, but am stumped for another one because I´d really, really would like to add another domain to my druid :)
Turn Undead for a happy round cheap metamagics would be nie too.

Thanks,
Sma
Username17
Serious Badass

Re: Looking for PrC´s...

Post by Username17 »

Church Inquisitor (DotF)
Master of Shrouds (DotF)
Divine Agent (MotP)
Wind Walker (F&P)
Wearer of Purple (F&P)
Auspician (F&P)
Mystic Wanderer (MoF)
Harper Priest (MoF)

-Username17
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Wow. Looks like its time for a contest:

MOST DOMAINS EVER!!!

Use a standard pre-epic cleric, and try and slip as many domains as possible into it.

Side contest: try and do it to a druid or a wiz/sorc(Arcane Disciple is right out, isnce its not a true domain).

Winner gets mad props.
Sma
Master

Post by Sma »

Thanks.
I wasn´t clear enough, though. I was looking for PrC´s giving accers to a choosable domain, similar to what the Contemplative gives.
Seems like I´ll have to finangle the Sacred Exorcist in there somehow.

Sma
Sma
Master

Post by Sma »

Well here´s my entry:

1 Cloistered Cleric;War (Glaive prof),Knowledge,Luck;(Great Fortitude)
2 Cloistered Cleric
3 Cloistered Cleric;(Dragonfriend)
4 Cloistered Cleric
5 Dracolyte;Glory/Domination
6 Divine Agent;Domain;(Iron Will)
7 Master of Shrouds;Death, Evil, Protection
8 Divine Disciple;Domain (that grants Combat Reflexes)
9 Divine Oracle;Divination;(SF Necro)
10 Contemplative;Prestige Domain (that grants Alertness)
11 Contemplative
12 Contemplative;(Lightning Reflexes)
13 Contemplative
14 Wearer of Purple;Scalykind
15 Auspician;Fate;Dodge
16 Church Inquisitor;Inquisition
17 Contemplative
18 Contemplative6;Prestige Domain;(Improved Unarmed Strike)
19 Talontar Blightlord;Blightbringer
20 Sacred Fist;Domain

The tricky part would be getting the requisite feats for Sacred Fist (Alertness, IUS, Combat Reflexes), but I was too lazy to hunt through the books to find the appropriate domains.
You could tack on another domain through Sacred Exorcist but you´ll run into Alignent troubles then.

Sma
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

MoS is no more :(

Other then that, looks great!

-Catharz
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

How is the MoS no more? It hasn't been reprinted and therefore in official 3.5 it still functions exactly the same way.

And of course, in 3rd edition rules (which is mostly what the above build is operating with), it works just fine.

Interesting note: when you use 3.5 rules, losing the prereqs of a PrC does not cause you to lose the abilities of the PrC. And when you can an Atonement, you can switch gods and alignments, and domains.

So you can pick up Prestige Domains like Inquisition and then trade them in for other domains by switching gods. Every class that gives you a specific domain can either be left that way as a class feature or traded to get a real domain. So classes that give you specific domains which you don't care much about (such as the Master of Shrouds giving you the stupid Death domain) can get those domains traded in for better domains by switching your allegiance to a new god or philosophy.

-Username17
Boulie_98
Journeyman

Post by Boulie_98 »

Bloodstone at Nifty gave the link to the Complete Divine Web Enhancement, which contains a couple of extra PrCs. Including the Master of Shrouds! I'd give the link but the WotC site is down, it seems.

Guess who lost some extra domains? And therefore sucks even more than before?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

It's here.

The writeup of the MoS in it is just plain mysterious. It's like the Epic Mystic Theurge bad. You get absolutely no abilities at all and don't get full spellcasting. It's really weird. Note: while you cannot dismiss those creatures, the ability still has the normal duration - which means that the shadow only lasts for one round.

For those of you who don't remember, the Epic MyTh suggestion gave Divine and Arcane Spellcasting levels alternately and the slowest Epic Feat progression ever printed. It was just like taking levels of Wizard and Cleric alternately except you got less hit points and slower feat progressions.

Fortunately, a downloadable web enhancement doesn't actually make anything go away. The build above still stands as it is using the 3rd edition write ups.

-Username17
Wrenfield
Master

Post by Wrenfield »

Out of those 4 bonus Complete Divine PrC's, the one I dig the most is the Dweomerkeeper.

Build:
Cleric-5
Cleric PrC-2
Nar Demonbinder-1
Mystic Theurge-2
DK-10

Yeah, you take a 1 level hit to Cleric, but you get a bunch of nice Nar Demonbinder spell slots of 4th, 5th, and 6th level ... and you get Inimicable Casting for Blasphemy and its cousins.

Your BAB sucks, but who cares once you get Divine Power up & running. This build is more of a spellcaster Cleric anyway...
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Interesting note on that web enhancement... the Dweomer Keeper is totally broken.

What you need: You need to be able to cast Arcane and Divine Spells, which is a real drag. This means that you have to either waste a level, or be one of the races which still has a spell-like ability or two cast "as a sorcerer". You also need a metamagic feat and an item creation feat. If you go the level-wasting route, a level of Wizard hansomly pays for this as well, but even if you don't remember that Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell counts for the metamagic requirement.

You'll also be giving up your access to turn undead as a viable attack strategy (not a problem if you are using it to power metamagic), and lowering your BAB (not a problem as you will have Divine Power all the time).

What you get: the first three abilties you get are completely unimpressive. You can detect magic at will by concentrating and you can select two of your spells to be cast spontaneously like they were Cure Spells. They can be Domain Spells, but they have to be selected when you get the level so it's never going to be your big trick.

But the real gem is what you get at level 4 - you can cast one spell per day without any components at all. It also counts as a Supernatural Ability and bypasses SR. It requires that the spell have a casting time of 1 round or less, which lets out Permanency, but not Contingency or Limited Frickin Wish. You can cast Limited Wish for free, which happens to be on the Spell Domain, and use it to replicate Awaken, Permanency, or any other broken thing you want.

So now your Cleric Archer takes a month off, and now has all five weapons of energy on any weapon she picks up; improved blindsight; superior resistance; darkvision; see invisible; tongues; protection from arrows; and anything else you feel like getting (like Cloud Wings). And all at 13th level.

I know what you're thinking, you're thinking "The minimum level to make that crap permanent is often like 17th, how are you putting that on yourself at all?" Well, Karma Beads, baby. They stack. Remember also that permanent spells can't be dispelled by characters with a caster level lower than yours when you made the spell permanent in the first place.

That means that you load up on several Karma Beads just before you cast Limited Wish for Permanency and then you can't have any of your bonuses dispelled by a caster with a level less than 21, and Greater Dispel maxxes out at 20, so they can't be dispelled at all.

---

Fun fact Two: No components means no somatic or verbal components. So you can cast spells while in animal shapes. Only once per day, but that spell is going to be a Limited Wish for an Awaken, which you will cast on yourself, granting yourself a stackable hit die bonus and a stackable charisma bonus every single day forever.

It's a free Awaken every day, did I say take a month off? I meant take a year off. Now that you have over 700 hit dice in addition to all those bonuses, now you can start whupping on people with your mad enhancement bonuses...

-Username17
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

It's a free Awaken every day, did I say take a month off? I meant take a year off. Now that you have over 700 hit dice in addition to all those bonuses, now you can start whupping on people with your mad enhancement bonuses...

I'm lost--weren't druids already doing this?
Username17
Serious Badass

Re: Looking for PrC�s...

Post by Username17 »

Lago_AM3P at [unixtime wrote:1085344847[/unixtime]]

I'm lost--weren't druids already doing this?

No. It used to cost XP. The Cleric is doing it for free.

-Username17
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1085332924[/unixtime]]That means that you load up on several Karma Beads just before you cast Limited Wish for Permanency and then you can't have any of your bonuses dispelled by a caster with a level less than 21, and Greater Dispel maxxes out at 20, so they can't be dispelled at all.

-Username17

Isn't that "just" a DC 32 caster level check?
Sma
Master

Post by Sma »

Due to permanency, only if the Caster Level of the dispeller is 21 or higher.
Which could be gained the same way the Dweomer Keeper was gaining it, wich would be fair play.

Now we also know who´s crafting all those Tomes, all you have to do is to wish for a wish to get cheap items the next day.

Sma