CSS broken for anyone else?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

MrWaeseL
Duke

CSS broken for anyone else?

Post by MrWaeseL »

It's been like that for about 30 minutes now. Whee.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Re: CSS broken for anyone else?

Post by the_taken »

Same here. But I've got a different base font.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

I was just about to ask about it myself.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I didn't really notice the difference.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Yeah
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

It's all gone white and snowy for the winter season.

I spent a while looking for skinning options for the board, but didn't find any :(
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Okay, I thought I was the only one who had this problem.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Broken for me too.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

Anyone know a hotfix? It hurts to have to engage my brain to separate things out when the nice colour did it before.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It's done this before. I believe it means that one of the support files from bbboy.net is failing, probably due to their poor server design.

At least we get the page at all...

-Crissa

PS: And everyone gets to see how awesome my photoshop powers are that my avatar always syncs with the background ^-^
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

Comparing the front page with a cached version, there is a whole chunk of <style>lots of code in here</style> missing.

I tried figuring out a way to make firefox re-insert it with CSS or something, but I couldn't find a 'for dummies' hint cheet on how to do it.

AHHA! this works:

My firefox userContent.css was empty. I put this into it.

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain(bb.bbboy.net)[br]{[br]body,table,input,textarea,select {color:#000000;}[br]body,table,input,textarea,select {font-family:verdana;}[br]body,table,input,textarea,select {font-size:14px;}[br]table{borderpx solid #000000;}[br]table{background:#87CEFA;}[br]body{background:#B0E0E6;}[br]a {color:#000080;}[br]a:visited {color:#0000ff;}[br].forumlistlink {color:#000080; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold;}[br].small {font-size:11px;}[br].threadlist {background:#B0E0E6; line-height:11px;}[br].threadlistlink {color:#000080; font-size:12px;}[br].threadlistnavbar {background:#E0FFFF;}[br].threadnavbar {background:#87CEFA; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold;}.thread1 {background:#B0E2FF;}[br].thread0 {background:#E0FFFF;}[br].code {background:#87CEFA; color:#000000;}[br].codetitle {background:#ffffff; color:#000000;}[br].spoilertitle {background:#ffffff; color:#000000;}[br].spoiler {background:#000000; color:#000000;}[br].quotetitle {background:#ffffff; color:#000000;}[br].quote {background:#87CEFA; color:#000000;}[br].whispertitle {background:#ffffff; color:#000000;}[br].whisper {background:#87CEFA; color:#000000;}[br].action {background:#87CEFA; color:#000000; text-align:center;}[br].onlinebox {font-size:10px; background:#87CEFA; color:#000000;}[br]a:hover {color:#000000;}[br]a:hover {text-decoration: underline ;}[br]body {[br]scrollbar-base-color:#E0FFFF;[br]scrollbar-face-color:#87CEFA;[br]scrollbar-track-color:#E0FFFF;[br]scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;[br]scrollbar-highlight-color:#ffffff;[br]scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000;[br]scrollbar-3dlight-color:#00ffff;[br]scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#00BFFF;[br]}[br]				.nobord {borderpx;background:none;}[br]				.adminbutt {width: 150px; font-size:10px;}[br]				[br]				.headspace {font-weight:bold; font-size:14px;}[br]				.forumlistdesctext {font-size:10px;}[br]				.bold {font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;}[br]				.italic {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}[br]				.verysmall {font-size:9px;}[br]				.cattext {font-size:13px; font-weight:bold;}[br]				.forumlistcat {text-align:center;}[br]				.threadlistnavs {font-size:14px; font-weight:bold;}[br]				.highlight {background:#ffff00; color:#ff0000; font-weight:bold;}[br]				.newthreadbg {text-align:right; font-size:12px;}[br]				.onlinepage {text-align:center;}[br]				.reporttomod {text-align:right;}[br]				.sig {borderpx; background:clear;}[br]				.search {borderpx; text-align:center;}[br]				.online {color:#00ff00; font-size:10px;}[br]				.offline {color:#ff0000; font-size:10px;}[br]				.onsomewhere {color:#ff8c00; font-size:10px;}[br]				.print {color:#000000; background:#ffffff;}[br][br]				form {margin-bottom : 0; }[br]}

I found the code for the style stuff here: http://web.archive.org/web/200706211545 ... br][br]And I just modified it to match some stuff I found about skinning gmail.

I guess when the bug has gone away, I can delete it again.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

was wondering if anyone else had the problem.... the lack of blue is confusing!!

meh, I'm sure it'll get fixed... probably about the time I get used to it...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1198361881[/unixtime]]PS: And everyone gets to see how awesome my photoshop powers are that my avatar always syncs with the background ^-^

Pashaw!

Now, if you could get the "transparent" pixels to invert the background instead, that would be a display of power.

Fwib at [unixtime wrote:1198362014[/unixtime]]Comparing the front page with a cached version, there is a whole chunk of <style>lots of code in here</style> missing.

I tried figuring out a way to make firefox re-insert it with CSS or something, but I couldn't find a 'for dummies' hint cheet on how to do it.

AHHA! this works:

My firefox userContent.css was empty. I put this into it.

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain(bb.bbboy.net)[br]{[br]body,table,input,textarea,select {color:#000000;}[br]body,table,input,textarea,select {font-family:verdana;}[br]body,table,input,textarea,select {font-size:14px;}[br]table{borderpx solid #000000;}[br]table{background:#87CEFA;}[br]body{background:#B0E0E6;}[br]a {color:#000080;}[br]a:visited {color:#0000ff;}[br].forumlistlink {color:#000080; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold;}[br].small {font-size:11px;}[br].threadlist {background:#B0E0E6; line-height:11px;}[br].threadlistlink {color:#000080; font-size:12px;}[br].threadlistnavbar {background:#E0FFFF;}[br].threadnavbar {background:#87CEFA; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold;}.thread1 {background:#B0E2FF;}[br].thread0 {background:#E0FFFF;}[br].code {background:#87CEFA; color:#000000;}[br].codetitle {background:#ffffff; color:#000000;}[br].spoilertitle {background:#ffffff; color:#000000;}[br].spoiler {background:#000000; color:#000000;}[br].quotetitle {background:#ffffff; color:#000000;}[br].quote {background:#87CEFA; color:#000000;}[br].whispertitle {background:#ffffff; color:#000000;}[br].whisper {background:#87CEFA; color:#000000;}[br].action {background:#87CEFA; color:#000000; text-align:center;}[br].onlinebox {font-size:10px; background:#87CEFA; color:#000000;}[br]a:hover {color:#000000;}[br]a:hover {text-decoration: underline ;}[br]body {[br]scrollbar-base-color:#E0FFFF;[br]scrollbar-face-color:#87CEFA;[br]scrollbar-track-color:#E0FFFF;[br]scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;[br]scrollbar-highlight-color:#ffffff;[br]scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000;[br]scrollbar-3dlight-color:#00ffff;[br]scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#00BFFF;[br]}[br]				.nobord {borderpx;background:none;}[br]				.adminbutt {width: 150px; font-size:10px;}[br]				[br]				.headspace {font-weight:bold; font-size:14px;}[br]				.forumlistdesctext {font-size:10px;}[br]				.bold {font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;}[br]				.italic {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}[br]				.verysmall {font-size:9px;}[br]				.cattext {font-size:13px; font-weight:bold;}[br]				.forumlistcat {text-align:center;}[br]				.threadlistnavs {font-size:14px; font-weight:bold;}[br]				.highlight {background:#ffff00; color:#ff0000; font-weight:bold;}[br]				.newthreadbg {text-align:right; font-size:12px;}[br]				.onlinepage {text-align:center;}[br]				.reporttomod {text-align:right;}[br]				.sig {borderpx; background:clear;}[br]				.search {borderpx; text-align:center;}[br]				.online {color:#00ff00; font-size:10px;}[br]				.offline {color:#ff0000; font-size:10px;}[br]				.onsomewhere {color:#ff8c00; font-size:10px;}[br]				.print {color:#000000; background:#ffffff;}[br][br]				form {margin-bottom : 0; }[br]}

I found the code for the style stuff here: http://web.archive.org/web/200706211545 ... br][br]And I just modified it to match some stuff I found about skinning gmail.

I guess when the bug has gone away, I can delete it again.

Neato!

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

the_taken at [unixtime wrote:1198377845[/unixtime]]
Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1198361881[/unixtime]]PS: And everyone gets to see how awesome my photoshop powers are that my avatar always syncs with the background ^-^

Pashaw!

Now, if you could get the "transparent" pixels to invert the background instead, that would be a display of power.

One, that would be hideous.

Two, none of the current web formats include hue-shift as a bit in the graphic.

So I can use tinted multiplicative layers in PNG24 or JPG2, but inversion is right out. It also only supports brightnesses from 0 to 1, and there are some formats that now have higher contrasts (very beautiful, mind you, and useful to creating film effects) and other effects; but none are supported at the web level. Heck, I'm probably lucky you can see a PNG at all...

-Crissa
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1198378471[/unixtime]]
the_taken at [unixtime wrote:1198377845[/unixtime]]
Heck, I'm probably lucky you can see a PNG at all...

-Crissa

I guess. Then again, some people can't figure out transparencies, or have to download a whole fvcking program off the internet to do it, so maybe I should be impressed since you may actually be above the norm.

I still think having an pixel invert the background colour would be a way cool superpower.

-------

I plugged in that code into my userContent.css and I still see this white space every where. Which directory am I supposed to put it in?

A) C:\...\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default\chrome

B) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome (the current folder
or
C) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome

I tried moving to each of these three. No change. Am I missing something?

Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

On my firefox, I just went to

Tools->Edit My Config->Edit userContent.css

The file edited was in:

\Documents and Settings\myusername\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\randomASCII.default\chrome

Where "myusername" and "randomASCII" will vary with your system

Sorry, all windows-only. I've been procrastinating for years about trying a Linux OS

[edit] In a default install, I am told that the file may not exist, so just plug the code in question into a .txt editor, and put it there. It does seem to need restarting Firefox.

I don't know what might happen if you append the code to an existing file, I guess it would work, but if you do that, make sure you have a backup first. Good Luck!

[edit2] Re-reading your message, you appear to have done what I did with no effect :( sorry, short of extreme measures like uninstalling and reinstalling (bad idea?), can't think of anything to help right now. My Firefox-fu is weak.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

ah well, I found three userContent-example.css, one in each of the three folders I mentioned. I followed the instructions inside, which said to save a new file without the "-emample" in the title and plug in some code. Nothing's happened.

Anyway, I'm used to the format now, though I'd still prefer the blue wash, so I'll put up with it 'till its fixed. Thanks anyway.

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

the white is quite nice.
now I wish this board was a more mundane color than blue, normally..
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Well I'm glad you fixed it on FuckFox, but I'm using InsanityExpress so I'm still still fucked to seeing a polar bear in a snow storm background. PLEASE FIX THIS AND SOON.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I sent a nasty-gram to support services, but I guess they've knocked off for the holidays.

Game On,
fbmf
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

It's Christmas; I have to offset my happiness quota with my bitterness quota. Right now I've exceeded my bitterness quota for the year and I'm just pissed off at everything.

I'm really sick and tired of these bastards who treat the internet like a fucking RONCO product. (Just set it and forget it MY ASS.) One of my online games was offline for a couple of weeks because the dumb asshole forgot to renew his domain name. You would think he would check on his money revenue more closely? No? When he does go back online there is not one single word about the indicent?

The same is true for servers like this. The problem in both cases (games which rely on ad revenues and pre-paid or ad revenue based forums) is that the feedback in terms of collapse of service is either delayed or non existant.

I work for Reuters. If our end of day pricing files are late by a few hours our suctomers are on customer service's asses so fast you would think we were charging them an arm and a leg for this crap data. (My job is the post man, I just deliver it. When it doesn't get delivered it's my fault, when it's crap it's the data analysts fault.)

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

How on earth does the CSS just break?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I'm guessing that it's served by a separate server from the one that's giving us the page and it happened to die or something.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

I just noticed that one of my old other links to TGD goes to frost.bbboy.net rather than bb.bbboy.net - and my firefox-hash-up codes doesn't fix that one.

Is anyone who tried my fix using a different url than I did for the fix?

[edit] damn. optimism got the better of me, since most of the links on the frost page go to bb.bbboy, guess that can't have been it. :(

changed it to read:

@-moz-document domain(bbboy.net)
{
lots.of.code.here....
}

anyway, and it still doesn't seem to mess with Nifty, since I guess that it has working css to over-ride my hackery.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I save the whole HTML files for later perusal, Fwib. -_-
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.