I want to say FVCK

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

shirak
Knight

I want to say FVCK

Post by shirak »

The word filter apparently replaces anything that looks remotely like fvck with fvck. But, to me, there's a great difference between all capital FVCK and the automatic replacement fvck. Yes, I could simply right capital v instead of capital u but, hey, it's not like I pay attention to what I'm writing (thank you typing lessons).

So, if it's not a big problem and if this poll shows support, could you make the change fbmf?

Note 1: Poll should be closed in seven days (8th of August)

Note 2: This is my first poll in these forums. Cool!
MrWaeseL
Duke

Re: I want to say FVCK

Post by MrWaeseL »

For the love of god, no.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I would probably ask fbmf to reconsider using the filter at all.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

Maj at [unixtime wrote:1185997231[/unixtime]]I would probably ask fbmf to reconsider using the filter at all.

Apparently, he can't do that because of bbboy.net policy. At least, that's what I remember him writing.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

[MOD EDIT] Please do not attempt to dodge the filter [/MOD EDIT]

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
After a review of the relevant literature from Bbboy, "fuck" is hereby removed from the language filter.
[/TGFBS]
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1186373735[/unixtime]][The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
After a review of the relevant literature from Bbboy, "fuck" is hereby removed from the language filter.
[/TGFBS]

I have to say this saddens me greatly, I felt fvck added lots of character ;)

That aside, fbmf is clearly the best board moderator ever. Huzzah! /bootlicking.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

:sad: It's a sad day. I shall miss my favorite psudo-roman word.

FVCK always reminded be of an improper roman number 100-5 or 95.
Perhaps in the spirit, and moving to the 21st century I should use F1011111K instead.

Hey I know it's against the rules to avoid the language filter, but is it against the rules to invoke former or other bboy language filters? Oh kumquat this; I really don't give a fvck. :tongue:
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1186373735[/unixtime]][The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
[/TGFBS]

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :bricks:
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Now we can capitalize it at our whim!!

Thank you, fbmf. Image

tzor wrote:Oh kumquat this; I really don't give a fvck.

:lmao:
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Fvck you all who voted for this ... :)
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I didn't decide to circumvent the filter, btw. I used a German character in place of the English "u". That was my proposal.

It's a "u" with an "umlaut", I think. ALT+129

DON'T USE IT though, or fbmf will not like it. Not at all. :sick:

So, the word was removed from filter? What does that mean? What is possible and what isn't now?
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

you mean pressing " and u immediately after?

ü
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Yes, except that method won't work on an "American" keyboard.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Sigma999 wrote:So, the word was removed from filter? What does that mean? What is possible and what isn't now?

Bbboy has semi-vague Terms of Use, and they threaten to close a board down if there's anything "illegal, abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, or invasive of anyone's privacy." It's up to the Administrators of a message board to keep those things off the boards (Hopefully, they have considerate enough posters that it's not a difficult task).

After asking, it turns out that swearing is not considered abusive or obscene. Bbboy cares only if it breaks the law. Saying fuck clearly doesn't.

And really... If that's the case, why bother with fvck? It's so close to the real thing that there's no room for ambiguity. You might as well just type fuck and be done with it.

This now means that you can fuck off all you like without having to use umlauts, Vs, or various other cheats to keep the board's language filter from recognizing the word. It also means that if you capitalize it in a post, the language filter (which isn't case sensitive) won't uncapitalize it.

Fuck yeah.

Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

But "fvck" was an unique (and hilarious, at least as far as I'm concerned) decision here - a piece of Gaming Den history is threatened with death now ... :(
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

So keep using it.

;)
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

Maj at [unixtime wrote:1186434142[/unixtime]]So keep using it.

;)

You clearly don't understand that laziness is also a time-honored tradition around here :D
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

shirak at [unixtime wrote:1186435016[/unixtime]]
Maj at [unixtime wrote:1186434142[/unixtime]]So keep using it.

;)

You clearly don't understand that laziness is also a time-honored tradition around here :D
I don't understand - what does one have to do with other? And,of course, I'll always be "fvcking" around here.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Bigode at [unixtime wrote:1186433913[/unixtime]]But "fvck" was an unique (and hilarious, at least as far as I'm concerned) decision here - a piece of Gaming Den history is threatened with death now ... :(

You are talking about a spam filter on an internet forum.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1186436188[/unixtime]]
Bigode at [unixtime wrote:1186433913[/unixtime]]But "fvck" was an unique (and hilarious, at least as far as I'm concerned) decision here - a piece of Gaming Den history is threatened with death now ... :(

You are talking about a spam filter on an internet forum.
Aren't you supposed to be the guy who jokes all the time?
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Do you honestly not see anything wrong with your post?
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Some of us revel in and acknowledge our geekery.

At any rate...

[TGFBS]
...this thread has served its purpose.
[/TGFBS]