The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Happy Birthday, Gaming Den!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HOLY FUCKBALLS

The Gaming Den is that old? Holy crud, I'm an ollllldddddmmmmmaaaaannnn

Maj, blow me a lot of kisses. cry I need to feel young again. Man Tears
Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
tzor
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lago PARANOIA wrote:
Maj, blow me a lot of kisses. cry I need to feel young again. Man Tears

Join a barbershop quartet singing chorus, it will make you feel young in no time. I'd even wagre that everyone would you call you a kid, or child or young brat. Mind you that is because they are generally around 70 - 80 years of age Tongue

(When people start complaining that they need "young blood" one doesn't expect that they are talking about 50 year olds.)

Happy birthday Gaming Gen!
shadzar
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maj wrote:
Pre-school? Age six is when kids should be in first grade.

Majjy
Depending on the level of education where you live and how far people fall behind. Thus where I went to school it was kindergarten equivalent at age 6. I knew of schools with people graduating with the equivalence of only a 10th grade education....

But I would say TGD is probably beyond that and on the track to becoming smarter than a 5th grader. Razz

Maybe it can win some money Thanksgiving to celebrate with.
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lago wrote:
Maj, blow me a lot of kisses.

Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy Majjy
IGTN
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Birthday, Den.
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy birthday indeed!
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, it's 6 years old now. Nifty.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Unbirthday, Den.
TavishArtair
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy belated post-birthday-mortem-whatever.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tzor wrote:

Join a barbershop quartet singing chorus, it will make you feel young in no time. I'd even wagre that everyone would you call you a kid, or child or young brat. Mind you that is because they are generally around 70 - 80 years of age Tongue

I don't have a manly enough voice for that. Sad

Maj wrote:

*lots of kisses*

Oh, yeah, that's the good stuff. Just what daddy Lago needs.
Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
tzor
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lago PARANOIA wrote:
I don't have a manly enough voice for that. Sad

Manly voices are not necessary. I sing tenor. In fact most of the lead is in upper headtones. My previous director used to bash us all the time with the expression "light fluffy bunnies." Many singing tends to make you sing flat.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This week tgdmb.com turns seven. Happy Birthday, Gaming Den!

(The official day is 26 November.)

Thanks to Ramnza for helping me moderate, especially as I get ready to begin grad school.

Thanks to Zherog for his pro bono technical support.

Thanks to the regulars who make the place great.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Zinegata
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Den and I share the same birthday o_o

I'm not kidding.
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, happy birthday to both of you.

Majjy Majjy
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Gaming Den will be eight years old this Saturday!

Thanks to Z for his (mostly) pro bono tech support.

Thanks to the regulars for being regulars.

Game On,
fbmf
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a regular, because when fbmf sees my posts it makes him want to shit.

That's weird, 8 years.
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Relative newcomer here. Thanks to everybody for keeping the place alive this long; it's a fun place to hang out.
2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(Posted early because I'm back at work Monday after a week off and I imagine things will be a skosh hectic..)

On November 26, The Gaming Den will be nine years old.

I've said it before, but:

• Thanks to all the regulars, especially those who have been with us since the early days.

• Thanks to all the mods, former and current.

• Thanks to Zherog, who keeps the lights on for us.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
    erik
    Prince

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking it would be cool to make a word cloud out of our forum's meat to commemorate the affair, but after 10 minutes of googling I haven't the foggiest notion how to do so in a non-titanically inefficient manner.
    codeGlaze
    Duke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! Happy birthday!

You should totally adopt a favicon to celebrate! Big Grin
    Korgan0
    Duke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zinegata wrote:
    The Den and I share the same birthday o_o

I'm not kidding.

Woah, me too! Holy shit.
    TarkisFlux
    Duke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Birthday Gaming Den. I got you a barrel of cocks to celebrate. Enjoy!

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
    Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
    fbmf
    The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Gaming Den turned ten while I was away.

Thanks to all the regulars for being regulars.

Thanks to Zherog a.k.a. The IT department.

Game On,
    fbmf

Last edited by fbmf on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    fbmf
    The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fbmf wrote:

Game On,
    fbmf

Bumped because to me it is a big deal and this was done hastily from my phone as I came back from vacation. It'll be the only bump (from me) until next year at this time. Swear.

Game On,
    fbmf
    codeGlaze
    Duke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fbmf wrote:
    fbmf wrote:

Game On,
    fbmf

Bumped because to me it is a big deal and this was done hastily from my phone as I came back from vacation. It'll be the only bump (from me) until next year at this time. Swear.

Game On,
    fbmf

I'm definitely thankful you guys are (still) around. Smile
    Hap' (late) Burfday TGD!
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
    Page 2 of 3

Jump to: