Wizards getting clerical domains is retarded.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Lago_AM3P
Duke

Wizards getting clerical domains is retarded.

Post by Lago_AM3P »

... but it's happening anyway.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dn ... [br]That's awesome, 3.5E. Between this, BoED, and PGtF, thanks for abandoning all pretense of trying to make this a more balanced edition.

I hate you forever.
User3
Prince

Re: Wizards getting clerical domains is retarded.

Post by User3 »

And you can take it more than once, so now Wizards can gain access to many more domains than Clerics. Praise the Lord.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

WOOT! No more dipping into contemplative!
whb3
NPC

Post by whb3 »

Well, it appears you ONLY get the spells, not the Domain ability. So Contemplative dipping will continue...
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

As I've said before, there is no balance issue with Wizards getting Cleric spells.

Wizards have an inferior chasis, so from a conceptual standpoint, things are unbalanced if the Cleric gets access to spells that the wizard wants to cast but can't. Not the other way around.

That being said, there are many specific combinations which are laughably unbalanced when you get access to arcane and divine spells. They are more unbalanced by a lot if you port them from Wizard to Celric - but having the same person cast Divine Power and Tenser's Transformation is all kinds of funny.

In the funny-broken kind of way.

Fundamentally, I don't think the Cleric should exist as a separate class. What people actually want from Clerics is to distinguish themselves and have secret spells and such. They should do that by playing Wizards. All pretense of a special "Cleric list" should be dropped.

-Username17