Epic Balance...?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

RandomCasualty
Prince

Re: Epic Balance...?

Post by RandomCasualty »

Personally I would avoid feats that give a wizard more spells per round and warriors more attacks, because it gets to be tedious dice rolling.

For a warrior, it's pointless. Just give him feats to improve his damage instead. Same basic effect, and without all those added attack rolls. When you've got feats like cleave and whirlwind, there's no reason at all that you'd need over 4 attacks. More attacks is just needless dice rolling. It's bad enough when you've got some guy with TWF and flurry getting a huge number of attacks.

With wizards I feel basically the same way. Basically the whole concept is that wizards need a way to use their weaker spell slots. The problem however is that this doesn't happen. You either use a 5th level quickened spell in a 9th level slot, or you start using a metamagic rod to quicken all your 9th level spells. Either way, this just means you nuke your opponent faster, and doesn't in any way help to see the lower slots see play.

So I'd say don't allow either.

2 spells per round is fine for wizards, and 4 attacks per round is fine for warriors. If there's a good reason for more spells/attacks, I don't see it.
User3
Prince

Re: Epic Balance...?

Post by User3 »

Of course there is the epic Automatic quicken spell feat, which lets a character quicken any spell 3rd level or lower for free. Unfortunately, limiting it to level 27+ means it won't see much use, ever.