Why Evil Loses

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Digestor
Journeyman

Re: Why Evil Loses

Post by Digestor »

I'd rather take on an entire army of yuan-ti than a single female drider.
Brobdingnagian
Knight

Post by Brobdingnagian »

That's 'cause you're not Harrison Ford while he still had a chiselled jawline.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Digestor at [unixtime wrote:1175325763[/unixtime]]I'd rather take on an entire army of yuan-ti than a single female drider.

Yuan-ti are much hotter than driders, so I'd have to agree.

Well, the purebloods are anyway. The halfbloods and abominations... I'll pass.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Burn them all.

Also....

Drow priestesses call Glabezru's on a semi-regular basis in order to created hulking half-demon offspring called .... Draneloths (?), the only reason why I know that is that they statted out several characters from some of the Drizz't series of books in some of the Dragon magaziness that I have.

Which included the "extending" weapon enhancement; which makes Chain and Armour Spike users really effective, or broken if you think that a wizard who uses damage spells is amazing..

"Gee, I lose my 5-10 feet of reach with my chain and instead gain reach for 10-20 feet, while my armour spikes hit anything close in? Sign me up!"

Enlarged Extending Chain and Spiked Armour users are even more useful; 30 feet of reach with all the inner area threatened as well.

The lvl 12 chain-fighter I poseted to compare a RoW fighter and the Core Fighter used such a weapon; which allowed the Core fighter to deal with almost anything it's CR, save a Wizard or magical Traps.

The RoW fighter could only fail to deal with traps.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Digestor
Journeyman

Post by Digestor »

Drow combine everything about society that I hate and lump it all together. A farce of a justice system ruled by sex-dominant xenophobes who worship and love spiders, praise some freak-god who's idea of a reward is murder, and their entire culture revolves around a constant state of paranoid anarchy with everyone guarding their backs (even from their own thoughts, lest a priestess read them and sacrifice you)

I hate elves as it is, but Drow take it far beyond simple lameness, they take it to the max of "wtf mate?".
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

The Drow bit in BG2 was really awesome though.
Digestor
Journeyman

Post by Digestor »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1175370726[/unixtime]]The Drow bit in BG2 was really awesome though.

One of my favourite parts of the game was the underdark area, definitely very fun.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Indiana Jones? Everyone knows who you need to defeat yuan-ti ... GI - Joe!
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1175370726[/unixtime]]The Drow bit in BG2 was really awesome though.

Only because you get to go in and fuck them all up.
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

I killed everything that moved in that city on my way out. Lots of fun.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

I did that while being a cleric and saying I was sacrificing them all to myself.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

I always took Solaufein with me, because he has some great personal quests, and killed everything else, yeah. But not before doing every quest in the city.
Digestor
Journeyman

Post by Digestor »

I remember the first time I came across the lich in the tower after using the magic rope... surprise - me caught unaware and had no clue, thus no magic protection up... yeah, he died in like seconds.

I had turn undead on... level 40 cleric, baammmmmmmm gone.

Funny watching him just blow up before the dialog was even over, hahaha.
Brobdingnagian
Knight

Post by Brobdingnagian »

I like the Doom principle for a lot of games (BG2 included). That being, if it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Brobdingnagian at [unixtime wrote:1175407687[/unixtime]]I like the Doom principle for a lot of games (BG2 included). That being, if it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway.

That strategy has never failed me.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Posts regarding the Count's arachnid collection and whether or not they sleep in or around his bed deleted. Back to topic, folks.
[/TGFBS]
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Actual pets are off topic, but virtual village destruction isn't?

Check.

-Crissa