Ragetastic Feat

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Brobdingnagian
Knight

Ragetastic Feat

Post by Brobdingnagian »

Okay, here's the deal. A fellow player wants to play this concept myself and a buddy gave him about the "Warforged Juggerzerker". Essentially, Barbarian 5/Warforged Juggernaut 5/Frenzied Berzerker 10.

We're also using the rules from RoW. Meaning, we have to rearrange some feats as prequisites for classes and modify the classes themselves.

Now, modifying the classes is easy enough. I'm already pretty much done, and it took me the whole of twenty minutes. Modifying the prequisite feats for Warforged Juggernaut didn't take much time either. While modifying the feats for Frenzied Berzerker, though, I came across an interesting point; namely, Destructive Rage and Intimidating Rage. Besides just overall sucking, these feats had a nice idea behind them.

Now, I could just sub in Whirlwind Attack or Juggernaut from RoW and call it a day, but it didn't seem to satisfy flavour... so I thought, "Why not make up a Barbarian specific feat?"

And here is what I got.

The Ragetastic Feat (Combat) (I'm also looking for name suggestions)

Prequisite: Rage ability.

Benefit: Your morale bonus to hit and damage while raging increases by 2.
+1: Intimidating Rage - While raging, you gain a +4 to intimidate checks and checks against intimidation. As a free action once each round, you may attempt to demoralise any opponent within thirty feet (Intimidate, pg. 76 of the PHB). Any creature successfully affected remains shaken for the duration of your current rage.
+6: Destructive Rage - While raging, you gain a +6 bonus on any check to destroy an object (including breaking down doors, sundering, etc.)
+11: Forceful Rage - While Raging, you may make a single attack as a standard action. On a successful hit, this attack deals double damage and all creatures in a 25 ft. radius burst or a 50 ft. cone (starting from the target, facing in any direction) must make a Fortitude save (DC= 10 + 1/2 your BAB + STR Mod) or fall prone. Flying creatures may substitute a Reflex save.
+16: Explosive Rage - Any creature or object subject to the Forceful Rage ability also takes damage equal to the damage dealt to the original target (yes, this means the first guy gets it twice). A Reflex save (Same DC as Forceful Rage) is allowed for half damage. Hardness and DR do not apply to this damage.

What do you guys think?
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Re: Ragetastic Feat

Post by Fwib »

Radius burst, but with an option to use cone instead?
Brobdingnagian
Knight

Post by Brobdingnagian »

So a 25 ft. radius burst or a 50 ft. cone?
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

The Save DC of the forceful and explosive rage should be 10 + 1/2 character level + stat mod (probably strength), not damage dealt. Otherwise you just have an obscene DC that everyone always fails.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Squirrelloid is right, if not someone could be forcing people to make DC 43 fort saves or fall down, as low as level 7-10 and that is not cool at all.

Name suggestions:

Unstoppable Rage

Destroying Wrath

I dunno, you could make a pile of potential names for this feat too.

The concept is:

1. Intimidating

2. Break shit
and
3. You breaking shit, makes other people whose shit you weren't actively breaking, break.

Ohhh...

Mad bull in a crystal shop
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Brobdingnagian
Knight

Post by Brobdingnagian »

Okay, fixed the DC. And I don't think it'd be level 7-10, considering that it's the +11 BAB requirement. But that would actually make it more difficult.

Yeah, my real problem with the name was figuring out what sounded best among the giant pile of cool names.

How about Ridiculously Raging Rage?
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Feat: Incredible Hulk
"Hulk Smash!"
Brobdingnagian
Knight

Post by Brobdingnagian »

Fixed the burst/cone option.