Dead Levels Pt. 2

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Leress
Prince

Dead Levels Pt. 2

Post by Leress »

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw ... r][br]Some of the classes are given nice "flavor" abilities but they are either at a level that is too high to care about them, they don't make sense for the class, or it on a class that sucks.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Re: Dead Levels Pt. 2

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Holy Shit Batman!

Getting new spells and more spells per day is such a bad deal for the Archivist that we have to give it two more abilities!

Bitch please, I play the class and I can tell you it has almost no dead levels.

I just love how they say that the Warmage is a great arcane damage dealer.

Since, everyone knows that's the way to go about doing things.

The Favoured Soul get a so-so bit though.

Most of it looks like crap in a skim though.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
RandomCasualty
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty »

yeah the abilities are so trivial that nobody cares.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

They are also discussing it here...
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=799558
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
bitnine
Journeyman

Post by bitnine »

So... Swashbucklers basically get access to "Making Friends and Influencing People Through the Ancient Art of Dry Humping"?
Catharz
Knight-Baron

Post by Catharz »

bitnine at [unixtime wrote:1172631762[/unixtime]]So... Swashbucklers basically get access to "Making Friends and Influencing People Through the Ancient Art of Dry Humping"?
Finally Swashbucklers win D&D.
Brobdingnagian
Knight

Post by Brobdingnagian »

By the gods!

The Knight gets an ability that might almost make him useful in a situation that will probably never arise! Blasphemy!

So...

What if it was a Swashbuckler/Knight seducing a noble? Would the Knight's bonus then transfer to the Bluff check? I know it says Diplomacy, but it also specified getting the attention of a prince or princess, so...

Ah, who cares, nobody's gonna bother with that crap anyway.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

bitnine at [unixtime wrote:1172631762[/unixtime]]So... Swashbucklers basically get access to "Making Friends and Influencing People Through the Ancient Art of Dry Humping"?

I'm not sure how I can ever play anything but a Swashbuckler now.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1172665160[/unixtime]]

How about the Swashbuckling Cavalier who wooes the noble ladies?

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Judging__Eagle at [unixtime wrote:1172702688[/unixtime]]

Or the Duskblade, Swashbuckling Cavalier who gets all the elven noble ladies.
]
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Not if they're elven wizards.

Sorceresses or Bards plz.

Endovior
Knight-Baron

Post by Endovior »

Has nobody noticed that the Samurai's Breaking Stare ability shrinks opponents?

Get this...
Wizards wrote:
Breaking Stare (Ex): At 4th level, the samurai can internalize their mastery of kiai into making a subject fear for their life. When attempting to change behavior, a samurai can spend 1 use of their kiai smite ability to negate a target's Wisdom modifier for a single Intimidate check. At 9th level, a samurai negates a target's modifiers on saves against fear. At 13th level, a samurai negates a target's immunity from being intimidated for being a paladin of 3rd level or higher. At 15th level, a samurai reduces the size modifier of a target by one category. At 18th level, a samurai reduces the size modifier of a target by two categories.

As written, the ability literally shrinks enemies with a glance. Nonmagically. With no save.

Come to think of it, that almost makes it worth playing the class... :lmao:
FrankTrollman wrote:We had a history and maps and fucking civilization, and there were countries and cities and kingdoms. But then the spell plague came and fucked up the landscape and now there are mountains where there didn't used to be and dragons with boobs and no one has the slightest idea of what's going on. And now there are like monsters everywhere and shit.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Endovior at [unixtime wrote:1172950881[/unixtime]]Has nobody noticed that the Samurai's Breaking Stare ability shrinks opponents?

Get this...
Wizards wrote:
Breaking Stare (Ex): At 4th level, the samurai can internalize their mastery of kiai into making a subject fear for their life. When attempting to change behavior, a samurai can spend 1 use of their kiai smite ability to negate a target's Wisdom modifier for a single Intimidate check. At 9th level, a samurai negates a target's modifiers on saves against fear. At 13th level, a samurai negates a target's immunity from being intimidated for being a paladin of 3rd level or higher. At 15th level, a samurai reduces the size modifier of a target by one category. At 18th level, a samurai reduces the size modifier of a target by two categories.

As written, the ability literally shrinks enemies with a glance. Nonmagically. With no save.

Come to think of it, that almost makes it worth playing the class... :lmao:

Hey, that's great. Its not even broken. I love it. Too bad it requires you to be Samurai 15 or 18... Maybe we should make that a fighter ability...
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

So you glare at your enemy, and his AC goes up? Yay for WotC! :)

[edit] Sadly not :( Just badly written intimidate stuff - ho hum.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Leress at [unixtime wrote:1172887054[/unixtime]]
Judging__Eagle at [unixtime wrote:1172702688[/unixtime]]

Or the Duskblade, Swashbuckling Cavalier who gets all the elven noble ladies.

Who'd want an elven noble lady anyway? Elves aren't really that hot already, and making them a stuck up noble can't help matters.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

I already said sorceresses and bards plz!

No wizzies.