Weakest. PrCs. EVAR.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Iaimeki
Journeyman

Re: Weakest. PrCs. EVAR.

Post by Iaimeki »

Persistent consumptive field is far more efficient as a means of powering bag of chickens tricks because it takes so much less time to get up to full power each day.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

You have to cast it multiple times, though, as each has a max of +50% CL.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Oh, yeah, Comp Field. That one works on weak people, not just dying or knocked out ones.

In any case, gaining +50% more levels isn't bad; going from lvl 7 to 10; and then again from 10 to 13 (I'm safely assuming it's based on base CL (plus maybe gear); but the power spike is handy enough as it is.

There's no way I can justify myself being Neutral Good at that point.

Oh, I could just call it a 'sacrifice' (or better still, a burnt offering) and then donate the killed chickens to the people who are hungry in town?

Nothing says fillin' like god-blessed chicken is what I always says.

Damn, at 2 CP per chicken; heh, heeh, heheheh.

I'm gonna be the most well armed and armoured chicken "keeper" in all of Eberron. Scratch that, I'm going to be a poultry distributor; I'll deliver straight to those in need.

Say, has anyone here ever heard of a "detect hunger" spell in any book?

If not, I'm gonna make one for the Archivist Spell list as a 1st lvl spell.

I'll kill some chickens, feeds some poor hungry peoples and get spell caster levels. Which will really only apply to buffs which have really long base Durations (like, hours), but oh well.

I can't do the divine metamagic persistant spell trick, but, I 'might' be able to. Once we jimmy around the way our group will allow the 'new' Feats to be aquired and how we will leave a place for the 'old' feats to still do something.

Say, aside from GMW and Magic Vestments; are there any decent buff spells that have a base Duration of hours?

[I'm gonna ask this in it's own thread, so answer there]
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Druids have a fuckton of 10 minute/level spells, so if your domain grants any of them you can go crazy.

Delay Poison is awesome if you can make it last a long time. If you can get the duration over 24 hours, you can be immune to poison forever.

Resist Energy is 10 minutes/level, and if you get to CL 11 you can enjoy your new 30 resistance.

Air Walk is 10 minutes/level, as is Freedom of Movement.

10 minutes/level can be almost as good as hours, especially if you have something like a Rod of Extend.
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1171493151[/unixtime]]Druids have a fvckton of 10 minute/level spells, so if your domain grants any of them you can go crazy.

Delay Poison is awesome if you can make it last a long time. If you can get the duration over 24 hours, you can be immune to poison forever.

Resist Energy is 10 minutes/level, and if you get to CL 11 you can enjoy your new 30 resistance.

Air Walk is 10 minutes/level, as is Freedom of Movement.

10 minutes/level can be almost as good as hours, especially if you have something like a Rod of Extend.

Actually.... I already made myself a cloak of Resitance and Poison Delayal.

So, I'm going to be using poisoned crossbow bolts alongside the ninja. Using lesser creation goodness to create pounds and pounds of a contact poison that we will smear on enemies gear and.. maybe even their eating utensils. :mischief:

Of course, we'll use terinav Root for Dex damage, since we're good.... yeah.

The vials we have of Black Lotus Extract is for.. recreational use.

Uhm...

:bolt:

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
erik
King

Post by erik »

It's a bad, bad day if you've got tons of poisons on delay-away and you run into an Antimagic Field, however.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

clikml at [unixtime wrote:1171684594[/unixtime]]It's a bad, bad day if you've got tons of poisons on delay-away and you run into an Antimagic Field, however.

That's why I use Creation spells to create the poisons?

So, that it's a non-issue?

Also, I prefer to use non Con-damaging poisons (dex is really hot; a 7th lvl ninja could kill any dragon with a crossbow of realoading and lots and lots of Terinav Root dosed bolts).

Plus, .... wait, does Detect Magic see an AMF as a zone of no magic?

I think it might since AMF does cut the LOS of magical effects, so it would be a zone through with o maic moves.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

What book is consumptive field located in? It doesn't sound familiar to me...
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Libris Mortis.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Stupidly enough, AMF radiates strong Abjuration...
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Guest (Unregistered) at [unixtime wrote:1171858278[/unixtime]]Stupidly enough, AMF radiates strong Abjuration...

Definately internet winning material.

I mean, how can a non-magical zone radiate blocking magic?...

Maybe it can; what if the AMF isn't a non-magic zone, but rather a 'shell' that forces all magical energy to go around it?

MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Think of it as Hawking radiation emanating from a black hole.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1171924038[/unixtime]]Think of it as Hawking radiation emanating from a black hole.

That's actually a good analogy.

We can 'see' the abjuration 'matter'; but we can't see the non-magic 'anti-matter' holding it in place; but we can infer that it's there since it's holding the 'matter' in a fixed pattern.

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Or the Abjuration is pushing the magic aside.

-Crissa
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Sure, whatever works.

At least it's not Evocation or Illusion.