Logging In

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

User3
Prince

Logging In

Post by User3 »

I am aware of the problem and have contacted the bbboy support forums. I'll get the boards back up as soon as I can. Or rather, they will.

Game On,
fbmf
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: Logging In

Post by fbmf »

We're back. Sorry for the disturbance, folks.

Game On,
fbmf
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

I registered for a new screenname and it won't show up on the "online" status, nor does it show up on the "Welcome, so and so" place.

What did I do wrong? Am I allowed to have a new screenname with the same IP Address? I was formerly known as "Trekayan" aka "Treíkayan."
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I think that you have to log in at the "log in" section near the top of the screen.

Then, once you are logged in (and I think you need Cookies enabled), it will say "Welcome, Treachaoain! [ User CP ]" where it had allowed you to log in.

Just registering a name with the boards doesn't make you logged in to it until you input your name and password. Once you do that, you still won't be the "newest member" until you post on a thread while logged in.

-Username17
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

:wtf: Still not working right. I show up at "Nifty" with the approriate name, but when I come here I show up blank. Weird.

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Indeed. If it persists post back here and I'll contact BBboards Tech Support.

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

The boards have been subtlely wigging out. A couple of days ago on Nifty, the boards weren't registering how many people were online and who they were. Usually, there's one person online - the one reading the line on the screen - but for about 6 hours it didn't register anyone.

The boards - even here - were also not allowing me to get rid of the little "new post" image. Every thread I'd read claimed that it was unread. It was really annoying.

I think my point is that the boards have been glitchy. Don't panic, have patience, and make sure that your computer's clock is set correctly.

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Treachaoain
NPC

Post by Treachaoain »

"We fixed the glitch" ~ Bob (Office Space).

Thanks for the help...it seems to be working ok now. :smile: