Dividing the Builds

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Dividing the Builds

Post by fbmf »

Frank wrote:
Actually, I think that merging the current requests for new coherent builds in a relatively sane fashio with the old requests for driving into mad crazy town as fast as possible is not appropriate.

-Username17

I meditated on this for about 24 hours, and I see Frank's point. Maybe we should have a thread for "Effective Builds your DM would actually allow..." and a different one for "Moving into Crazy Town and getting yourself elected Mayor".

The thing is...I've played a Poverty Druid in an actual campaign. Ditto for the Archer Cleric.

I really would like to have all the awesome builds gathered in one or two places, but where do we draw the line between the two threads?

Game On,
fbmf
Book
Apprentice

Re: Dividing the Builds

Post by Book »

You may want to rethink the division and naming conventions of the Gaming Den's folders.

The "In My Humble Opinion" folder seems to be best suited to overarching metagame theory & debate.

An additional folder along the lines of "Game Mechanics & Buildcraft" might be a good playground for discussing the nuts and bolts of the game. That way the threads you mentioned as well as threads that discuss sourcebook critiques, build advice, and optimization issues would have a nice common-ground home for discussion.

Yeah, there will be overlap no doubt, but it might provide a more delineated solution along the lines you are looking for.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Honestly, I'd prefer a different thread *per build*, so I don't have to search through 12 pages of posts to find Halfing Outrider info or whatever
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

Then you'll have to dig through twelve pages of Forum in order to find Halfling Outrider info.

-Desdan
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Unlike some other forums, the search function works really well here, so digging through back issues is really easy. Digging through a single thread, on the other hand, is super hard. So really, the more separate threads things are in, the easier it is to find the information you're looking for.

Now, if only there was a way to get the search to default to finding things 5 hours old and older, that shit gets me every time.

-Username17
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I'd rather have the builds lumped together after they've been hashed out, because it becomes impossible to search for a specific thread later - even if you know the name of it, which usually I don't.

-Crissa