imho

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

imho

Post by fbmf »

I am aware that the IMHO forum is in a state of cluster-fuck-edness. At present, there is nothing I can do about it. I sent a heads up to BB Support. Now all we can do is wait.

Game On,
fbmf
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Re: imho

Post by Zherog »

And given BB Support's track record, we'll be waiting for a long time.

Are any new threads there pooched, or is it just those couple? Can posts be made to other threads? If either of those work, maybe a temporary solution is to bump old threads or create new threads so those weirdos push down to page two...
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Posting works. I just posted to a thread that was below the fiasco, and now it's at the top of the page. So a way to temporarily "hide" the problem from sight is to bump some of the more interesting, older threads...
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I might just do that. Thanks.

Game On,
fbmf
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

What the heck is wrong, so we can avoid it?

-Crissa
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

It looks as though someone's post somehow entered the title portion of the message, so there is a title that like 15 lines long. This is somehow inhibiting our(mine, at least) ability to view certain messages and, consequently, the IMHO forum is constantly marked as having new messages. If you scroll down the topics in that forum you should see it.

More or less.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

You are correct, Neeek.

Game On,
fbmf
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

The IMHO forum is always marked as having new messages for me, even when I mark all forums read.
Kirin_Corrigan
Apprentice

Post by Kirin_Corrigan »

Isn't there a way for you as Admin, fbmf, to delete the problematic post or even just to fix the title?
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

To alter or delete a thread in BB Boy, you have to actually be inside the thread.
You can't fix stupid.

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I'm not sure what your screen looks like (as a moderator) inside a thread, Z, but mine over on Nifty has little check boxes next to each thread so you don't have to be in the thread to manipulate it. You just check off what you want to delete, hit the drop box at the bottom of the screen, and voila! Deleted.

But since the threads in question aren't responding like real threads (they have no thread number) it's not that much of a surprise that they can't be deleted like normal.

What a mess.

Edit: Oddly enough the last of the three weird threads does have a thread number... But no link on the forum page to click on. Link

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Maj at [unixtime wrote:1131030115[/unixtime]]I'm not sure what your screen looks like (as a moderator) inside a thread, Z, but mine over on Nifty has little check boxes next to each thread so you don't have to be in the thread to manipulate it. You just check off what you want to delete, hit the drop box at the bottom of the screen, and voila! Deleted.

Oh, right. :blush: I don't think I've ever used it, which is probably why I forgot about it...

Edit: Oddly enough the last of the three weird threads does have a thread number... But no link on the forum page to click on. Link

Definitely odd. I wonder if deleting that thread solves some of the problems...
You can't fix stupid.

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Kirin_Corrigan at [unixtime wrote:1131012715[/unixtime]]Isn't there a way for you as Admin, fbmf, to delete the problematic post or even just to fix the title?

Normally, yes. But these threads seem immune to my mod powers.

Game on,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Has support even acknowledged your problem yet?
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Of course not.

Asswipes.

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Well, if you send them an eMail or use the support help desk, you'll never receive an answer. Your thread on the support forums will at least give a public place for their humiliation.

Asswipes indeed...
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

I've taken to directly bashing them whenever I post to the tech support pages. As I said over there, if I supported my customers the way they do, I'd get fired. Asswipes.
You can't fix stupid.

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I just don't want them to get so pissed off they close down the board. I mean, seriously... They already have our money.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

If you ever think I go too far, tell me and I'll edit. But right now, it's fairly cathartic. :)
You can't fix stupid.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

fbmf - I was finally able to resolve Nifty's problem of banners and pop-ups by sending an e-mail to bbboy@bbboy.net. You may want to consider sending him an e-mail - first to resolve your problem and second to point out to him how absolutely terrible support is.
You can't fix stupid.

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Thanks, Z. I'll try that when I get home tonight.

Game On,
fbmf
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Okay, the e-mail has been sent. I feel I was very polite about the whole thing, given the circumstances.

Game On,
fbmf
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Problem's fixed. Hooray!
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

With that, I'm shutting this one down.