Guest's Posting

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Jack_Lurch
Apprentice

Guest's Posting

Post by Jack_Lurch »

Would it bother anybody if Guests [Unregistered] were not allowed to post? It would eliminate anonymous flaming, but I know some of our regulars, even those that attach names to their posts, are Guests. What does everybody think?

-Jack
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: Guest's Posting

Post by fbmf »

Jack wrote:
but I know some of our regulars, even those that attach names to their posts, are Guests.

I'm not going to change the rights of guests to post unless a way can be found to get around K, Lago, The Reg, etc. are unable to log in despite wanting to.

[/TGFBS]
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Jack - your poll allows somebody to select both answers. I don't think that's what you intended. ;)
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I, for example, am withholding my vote because the choices are incomprehensible. They are:

"This is a bad idea" - which naturally either means that guests posting is a bad idea, or that banning guests from posting is a bad idea.

and

"I'm OK with this" - which of course means that either we are OK with guests posting or perhaps we are OK with banning guests from posting.

I'm a fairly skilled rules lawyer, but I am unable to parse the meaning of either vote choice - logically either selection could be taken to mean either possibility. It's like putting up a complex question and then having the two available responses be "Green" and "Red" - it's clear that the two answers are opposites, but what the actually correspond to is completely unclear.

-Username17
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

It also doesn't have a choice for "I oppose guest postings, but would prefer having them to losing the regulars who currently(and, evidently, must) post as Guests." which is what I would choose if it were an option.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Um ... I would love to see some proof of recent spamming or flaming by non-registered users.

I peruse and carouse this board every day, and I can't say I've seen chronic or overloaded occurences of flaming or spanning.

Geez, let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill here gang.

This seems like one of those problems that just irks some people in that non-registered users are posting at all in the first place. So for some reason, a poll goes up.

I will gladly side with the people who despise non-registered posters if they can't prove point-blank that flaming is overloading and/or harming this forum.
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

Why shouldn't they be allowed to post? That would indicate they like what they see, decided to take an interest, and might very well become our newest member.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

At Jack's request, this is being locked. Unregistered guests will retain there privledges, as i said before.

Game On,
fbmf