So, Anime You Like Lately

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Hell yeah, Redline is awesome.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

I started watching One Punch Man, it seems pretty fun so far.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

Just finished watching and enjoying Charlotte. I thought it was a great take on the whole super-powered teenagers trope.

Anime on my to-watch list:

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
Asterisk War
Comet Lucifer
Concrete Revolution
Heavy Object
Terror In Resonance
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Leress wrote:I started watching One Punch Man, it seems pretty fun so far.
Soak in the wisdom of Saitama-sensei!
ImageImage
Miniature Colossus
Apprentice

Post by Miniature Colossus »

Started watching Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!, and I have to say that judging from the first few episodes this is by far the most shameless author self-insertion fantasy I have ever seen. The protagonist is a ridiculously flawless and privileged rich-mans boy with a full harem of girls constantly seeking to bed him and literally the only problem he has in his life is that one of them is secretly his little sister so he can't just indulge himself in them. But it is ridiculous enough to be funny so I guess I'll keep watching.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i have started watching "the big o"
let us see how this goes shall we?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

sigma999 wrote:I recently discovered Redline.

It's a standalone film, but exceptionally animated.

MadHouse I think.

Go watch it.
Indeed

Redline's a great film and a labor of love, took 7 years to complete between other Madhouse projects. Every single frame of animation is hand drawn, no use of CG.
Atmo
Master

Post by Atmo »

No one picked up Valkyrie Drive? :confused:
☆ *World games are shit ☆ M&M is shit ☆ Fate fans gave me cancer ☆
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

OgreBattle wrote: Indeed

Redline's a great film and a labor of love, took 7 years to complete between other Madhouse projects. Every single frame of animation is hand drawn, no use of CG.
I don't believe it! No! That's impossible!

As aside, a friend recommended The Seven Deadly Sins.

It's on Netflix (for now... fuck them) and so far I made it a few episodes into the 26-episode season.
I'm laughing every time.
Especially the talking pig. I love pigs. Makes me want to play a talking pig bard in my brother's upcoming D&D campaign.
But seriously, it's a great show, the style is like Final Fantasy Tactics but with overpowered combat like a high-fantasy DBZ.
Last edited by JonSetanta on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Watched Boruto, the Naturo son movie, this weekend. Its pretty good, easily the best Naruto movie of all (which is not a difficult thing, as the others were inconsistent at best). I wonder if its gonna turn into new series or something.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

So, appearantly there's a new GITS Movie . . it's called: GITS - The New Movie . .
i'll probably be giving that one a try come saturday . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I have been watching a lot of anime lately. Probably too much, given I used to be a weeaboo. Plastic Nee-San, Bayonetta, Cat Girl Planet, Princess Lover, B Gata H Kei (the character design is just flat-out beautiful for her. I think it's the eyelashes and the mouth shape), Grenadier, and Teizokurei Daydream. I will actually review any of these if people ask.

I generally recommend Daydream for people who want something short (4 episodes), and who like a serious plot tempered by silly comedy moments.

My to-watch list is still huge... BlazBlue, Yuruyuri, Rozen Maiden, Ghost in the Shell, K-On!, Maken-ki, Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!, Onee-chan ga Kita, Aki-Sora, Mahoromatic 2...

Send help ;_;
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

I highly recommend Persona 4 the Animation (not Golden though) and Persona 3 the Movie (it's a trilogy, the third one is not out yet). They are pretty good.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

YuruYuri just started the 3rd Season.
Still cute fun. GITS . . . you should have watched that by now! o.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

virgil
King

Post by virgil »

I've been loving One Punch Man, and have managed to get my roommate to be as anxious as I am about upcoming new episodes.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

Coffin Princess Chaika is the most "Meh" anime that I've ever really seen. Granted, I don't really watch much anime, but that is seriously the most mediocre experience that I've ever experienced. Everything about it the damn show is like-ain't that some shit.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Digimon Adventures tri. is pretty good. I mean, it's basically what you'd expect, and I suspect that if you're in the age range that frequents this site you pretty much have to be an old digimon fan, but I liked the four episodes that are out right now.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I wasn't too impressed by Tokyo Ghoul...
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Prak wrote:Digimon Adventures tri. is pretty good. I mean, it's basically what you'd expect, and I suspect that if you're in the age range that frequents this site you pretty much have to be an old digimon fan, but I liked the four episodes that are out right now.
Is that an English dub, or the original Japanese sub? Because if it's the latter, where do I go to see it?
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Crunchyroll has the sub.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Well now I know where I'll be spending my afternoon.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

sigma999 wrote:I wasn't too impressed by Tokyo Ghoul...
I enjoyed most of the first season. It looked like they were going to seriously get into what it'd be like to have to suddenly rely on eating people and all the things that entailed. Then they just didn't. Copy paste that sentiment for each and every potentially interesting direction they could've taken the story and then just didn't. It had me even up to the end of the 1st season but they did so little that when the second season came out I couldn't make it past the first episode of it.
Last edited by MGuy on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

Concrete Revolutio is great. It's an incredibly nuanced look at post-War Japanese culture and militarization through the lens of superheroes. I highly recommend it.
Then, once you have absorbed the lesson, that your so-called "friends" are nothing but meat sacks flopping around in the fashion of an outgassing corpse, pile all of your dice and pencils and graph-paper in the corner and SET THEM ON FIRE. Weep meaningless tears.

-DrPraetor
Mechalich
Knight-Baron

Post by Mechalich »

MGuy wrote:I enjoyed most of the first season. It looked like they were going to seriously get into what it'd be like to have to suddenly rely on eating people and all the things that entailed. Then they just didn't. Copy paste that sentiment for each and every potentially interesting direction they could've taken the story and then just didn't. It had me even up to the end of the 1st season but they did so little that when the second season came out I couldn't make it past the first episode of it.
Season 2 (Tokyo Ghoul A) is really bad. It totally avoids all the interesting questions, ruins every good character except Touka, who just gets mostly sidelined, and becomes pretty nonsensical by the end. They also manage to totally deflect any potential world-building at all. Consider yourself lucky that you skipped it.