League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

Ryze was a giant problem. Whenever Ryze was good he had to be banned or picked because he was impossible to screw up. Now he can be screwed up, so he can be good again.

Jinx nerf kind of stings, but I know why it had to happen. She didn't need that level of burst on gap closing bruisers with all her other strengths. I will miss ulting as Irelia/Jax gap close to me to kill them, but that was always dumb. Graves nerf makes me happy!

New cleaver looks good too. I am happy with this patch.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Jinx was easily top 5, more like top 3. That 55% win rate across all ELO was the first indicator. I know people are disappointed by the Ryze rework, but lots of champions go to the "dumpster" only to emerge again. Like Kassadin. I'm interested to see how his passive plays out.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Fuck this god damn Dark Horse shit! Playing Naut as support is MY thing! Now half the fucking fucks in my elo are gonna fuckin' start doing it like every other god damn dark horse fad! /rant
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Just logged into League for the first time in ages, decided to play a game of Dominion to shake the rust off my micro and minimap awareness - and got into a game full of 9 bots. What the fuck?
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

So I've been playing Cho'gath and it seems like he just naturally becomes unstoppable as the game goes on.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I love his burst when you build AP, because nobody at my level respects the ultimate so I almost always win trades after six. He still gets ruined by super mobile marksmen (kalista...), but it's nice to have an easy-to-play top and mid laner in ranked.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

My favorite part of Cho being a good pick (and actually a ban in high ranked play if you don't trust your team to take good picks against him) is that he was essentially unchanged and the other champions in his common lane (top) were not really nerfed. You used to be considered a troll if you picked Cho because everyone was mobile and reliable while Cho was the opposite of those things.

Cho is an assassin counter and tank supporter in a meta where assassins and tanks are all over the damn place. He has an incredibly difficult to land aoe cc that's about as good as an ultimate if it hits, a long-ass silence with a half-second startup, and a single target melee range nuke. He is only useful if his team picks CC for him to chain off and/or the other team picks assassins, but both those things happen 90% of the time right now.

The current Cho craze is the definition of flavor of the month, and I love it.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

I used to play a great deal of cho out of the jungle, so I was pleasantly surprised to find I can now play him mid without being considered a troll. So much fun.

I'm hating that Xin is my best jungler at the moment. Probably because my MMR is just assassins and vayne.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Did anyone watch MSI? I checked out the BJK v SKT game. Four man gank for one kill on faker and then the rest of the game was just downhill for BJK.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Sat May 09, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

...You Lost Me wrote:Did anyone watch MSI? I checked out the BJK v SKT game. Four man gank for one kill on faker and then the rest of the game was just downhill for BJK.
Focusing Faker doesn't work because Faker doesn't really make mistakes. Focusing everyone BUT Faker does, because Faker can't save everyone.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Yeah, it looks like focusing bot was the way most people managed to beat SKT. Except Fnatic who just destroyed Faker and everyone else.

In other news, I'm Gold I! Making my way up the ladder.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Tue May 12, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I just had an argument with a guy who constantly whines about how no one should ever surrender.

The specific example was a 4/0 udyr, 3/1 ahri, 10/2 vayne, 4/0 jax, and like 0/5 thresh.

He just said "just kill them and then you can win." And other such stupid shit.

Because apparently he does not understand the concept of levels or gold. So I suggested he 1v1 me and afk for the first 30 minutes, and then his level 1 character could fight my level 18 5 item character. And he, apparently fucking straightfacedly, claimed that he could just win that, by not letting me take inhibs. I did everything I could to try to suss out whether or not he was trolling, and there was no sign that he was.

I don't really know whether he was trolling or not, I sure as fuck hope he was, because I'd rather the world be filled with assholes than idiots, but I just wanted to complain here about the kind of stupid shit people say.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

It's hard to make a call without the exact teamcomp (AoE teams can pull off pretty stupid wins), but the enemy team would have been borderline impossible to stop because they didn't really have a champion you could kill to remove all their damage. Jax, Ahri, Udyr, and Vayne are all credible threats. If it was Vayne + tanks then yeah...but not against Vayne, an assassin, and 2 bruisers. Some people are dumb as shit when it comes to unwinnable games, but unwinnable games are pretty rare. That guy was one of those people.

I'll surrender games where we're behind and it's obvious our comp has no way of coming back or the enemy comp is so good that we can't kill 1 or 2 people and then steamroll a fight, but other than that I'll generally not surrender unless we're behind more than 10k gold + some objectives. I've won too many games because of stupid shit like 4v5s under inhib turrets or Jinx getting a triple and suddenly becoming a god. That being said, it's obvious based on scores alone that unless you guys had all the turrets and all the dragons that game was impossible to win. The enemy comp was good and they were either very far ahead or frighteningly far ahead in gold.

Tl;dr: I understand the "never give up, never surrender" attitude, but there are times when you can't win barring the enemy team AFKing or intentionally trolling. Those sorts of games aren't worth staying for because it wastes the time of everyone involved playing out a foregone conclusion. Fuck people who won't surrender those games.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Even when winning is possible, sometimes I'm just not worth dragging the game out another 15-20min for a 10% chance of winning. I could get half of another less-terrible game in that time.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:Even when winning is possible, sometimes I'm just not worth dragging the game out another 15-20min for a 10% chance of winning. I could get half of another less-terrible game in that time.
Yeah this. Like:

1) Some games are unwinnable, and that sucks. Especially when the other team is playing super methodical because a) They obviously aren't going to throw, b) it takes a long fucking time, where if they just dived you, you could either lose or catch up a bit.

2) But even in games that are winnable, you have a very low percentage chance, I recognize that there is a scale for surrender, and I am far to the surrendering side of the scale, but I don't inherently disrespect people who want to tough it out for winnable games. But like, I have lots of better things to do with my life than play 20 more minutes of this garbage.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I had a similar experience with a Soraka "support" that built AP carry and treid to 1v3 recently. Blamed the entire rest of the team for it the whole time and said we'd had "five chances to win" when we'd only taken their outer turrets and they'd cleared everything but our nexus. We only survived because glass cannon Ashe with Hurricane has amazing waveclear and the enemy insisted on standing in tight formations that made it easy to hit them all at once. That one guy was either trolling or didn't understand number, gold, or level advantage at all.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

IDK what I'm going to do once the Sej nerfs go through. She's carrying for me hard. And I really don't enjoy Amumu as much. Go back to Vi, I suppose :( Just not the same. Any other suggestions? Someone with a dash, engage and is tanky?
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Is there a list out there of what LoL characters correspond to what DotA characters?
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Blasted wrote:IDK what I'm going to do once the Sej nerfs go through. She's carrying for me hard. And I really don't enjoy Amumu as much. Go back to Vi, I suppose :( Just not the same. Any other suggestions? Someone with a dash, engage and is tanky?
Been seens a lot of Gragas Jungles so there's him. Also Hec.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

A tanky jungler with a dash and engage? You want Vi if you want a champion who's rarely banned (Sej and Gragas are banned almost all the time). She requires some clever play though since she's not as big of a tank as Sej or Gragas, but her damage and impossible to dodge engage make up for it.

On surrender: Losing games tend to not take very long if you're attempting a comeback. If you're losing you should try to teamfight at an objective to swing the game because turtling is just guaranteeing your loss except in really extreme teamcomp circumstances (and even then, Baron is a better teammate than a turret and gives more potential to win the game off the teamfight). You'll notice this is what the good professional teams do when they're behind, and it's for a good reason.

You don't come back by letting the other team take a million advantages for free, you win by traveling in a deathball so the other team has to respond by forming their own deathball (or get enough vision to track your deathball and keep away from it, which risks running into the deathball as you try to get vision) or risk getting 4/3v1ed under turret and losing an objective or two.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Blasted wrote:IDK what I'm going to do once the Sej nerfs go through. She's carrying for me hard. And I really don't enjoy Amumu as much. Go back to Vi, I suppose :( Just not the same. Any other suggestions? Someone with a dash, engage and is tanky?
Query: What sort of cheat codes do you do that let you do all the bans for both teams to prevent sej bans/first pick sejs by the other team?

As to your question . . . You want the champion OP hax. Because if you aren't willing to play Sej after another goddam too high nerf to her initial clear speed, and you aren't willing to play Ammumu, and you aren't going to play Gragas because he will be permabanned, then you can't have all those things at once. You can try to make do with a reksai or vi, but they just don't get that tanky, and don't work when you build them full tank.

If you are willing to compromise at all at any point, I would suggest Udyr, because you just replace a dash with running faster, and it works if you know how to position and use the enemies positioning.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:On surrender: Losing games tend to not take very long if you're attempting a comeback. If you're losing you should try to teamfight at an objective to swing the game because turtling is just guaranteeing your loss except in really extreme teamcomp circumstances (and even then, Baron is a better teammate than a turret and gives more potential to win the game off the teamfight). You'll notice this is what the good professional teams do when they're behind, and it's for a good reason.

You don't come back by letting the other team take a million advantages for free, you win by traveling in a deathball so the other team has to respond by forming their own deathball (or get enough vision to track your deathball and keep away from it, which risks running into the deathball as you try to get vision) or risk getting 4/3v1ed under turret and losing an objective or two.
Clearly you have never lost a game in silver, because if you are behind even a little bit, all anyone says is "NOOOOO We can't contest Dragon/Baron/Our Outer Turrets/Our Inner Turrets/Our Inhib Turrets, why did you try to steal baron while we were all running away to push waves because we were afraid to do anything?"

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

In my games it tends to be the opposite. You get people just constantly trying to take dragons alone, shoving mid for 20min, and stealing buffs when we're 10 kills down. Like Christ people, just push a lane.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

The C9 vs TSM game is a good example of how to act when you're losing.
C9 falls behind early, deathballs a bit, backs off, deathballs some more, trades objectives (by deathballing), and fights over everything. Then they get one advantage and immediately rush Baron over it.

Also, the attempt at 2v4ing over the 5th dragon is hilarious.
sandmann wrote:

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

I rejoined after a year and there's lots of new items. Fortunately most of them seem ignorable. Righteous Glory I've been using whenever I have room for a tank item without CDR. Luden's Echo is great. Am I missing out on any killer plays by pretend portal, banner, and ohmwrecker don't exist?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Banner is a very very very niche item, in that theoretically everyone should use it in the late late late late game by buying it, promoting a minion, selling it, and then buying what they had.

Also TSM almost had a really cool play with it that unfortunately lost out because they walked into the wrong choke and got rumble ulted, but basically Lustboy Promoted a siege minion in a wave coming off the nexus, and then both teams postured at baron and dragon and baron and blah, and while that happened, that single siege minion built up a huge wave that crashed down on the bot inhib turret, and definitely would have killed it and the inhib, except that before it could, they lost a teamfight at baron, and c9 won the game.

Portal I think used to have infinite range, but now that the minions have timers, I can't see any possible point to the item.