Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Iduno wrote:So anyway, Poe's Law is dead now. I mean, he's got to know, right?

Not sure how Poe's Law enters into this, but the original comment was probably in response to something like this blog post [alt-right drivel]. Because it's actually a thing that people hate the diversity of this show. Due to the internet, though, I can't tell what proportion of viewers it actually is.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Maj wrote:
Iduno wrote:So anyway, Poe's Law is dead now. I mean, he's got to know, right?

Not sure how Poe's Law enters into this, but the original comment was probably in response to something like this blog post [alt-right drivel]. Because it's actually a thing that people hate the diversity of this show. Due to the internet, though, I can't tell what proportion of viewers it actually is.
Well, "gross men cop-opt away from them" is probably a reference to bronies. And since the response comes from someone with a FiM avatar, well, yeah.

Though, lets be honest, gross men can totally co-opt She-Ra, and She-Ra Rule 34 already exists.

And having read that article, wow.

The old Spinnerella is basically a stick. She's flat up top, and though her waist is thin, her hips are narrow. She other than her face, she looks like a tall androgynous boy in a corset.

The new Spinnerella has well-defined breasts, hips, and butt. I must deffer to Sir Mix-a-Lot's wisdom in this regard. The new design is vastly more attractive than the old one. She looks like she could make several healthy babies and safely pass them through her vagina.

If anything I'd complain that the new design is less intimidating. The new face is much softer than the old one, which was very hard and powerful. Part of that is down to the art style differences, but the older design has the confident face of someone who could absolutely destroy you and knows it, ruler of all she surveys. Totally in charge. The newer face looks less confident, less dominant.

A lot of that is on the art style. The original He-Man and She-Ra both had very hard art styles that emphasized power and strength, and was very well suited to a dramatic animation centered around armed conflict, as this one is. The newer art style is softer and more cartoonish. This serves to make the characters look less powerful in general, and also makes the violence look less harsh.

I'm honestly not watching it so I don't care. All I remember is the DC comics were vastly superior to the cartoons. And the cartoons didn't actually follow the epic storyline that the toys presented, while the comics did.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

The characters from She-Ra I were interchangeable for toy purposes. They looked like Barbies because pretty much all non-baby, girls' toys did. I personally like the new designs because they don't all look like the same 30 year old in a different outfit; they look like real individuals (and they're more reflective of the characters' young ages). Though the old toys had some neat tricks. Double Trouble and Peekablue were two of my faves.
Last edited by Maj on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

WTF? O.o
A Lara Croft / Wonder Woman Cross-Over? o.O
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Les Yay fanart, ja.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Honestly, that artist has a very long comic they produce online that is explicit BDSM with two women as the main characters.

Edit: the comic is titled Sunstone for anyone (Count) whose interested
Last edited by Prak on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

erik wrote:Oops. My boys are liking She-Ra, just recently started watching it.
I assume your boys aren't maddened by its existence, so I'm not sure how any of this applies to them.

The new She-Ra design sparked one of those infamous waves of alt-right social media outrage from a bunch of men who had likely never watched the original She-Ra and gave zero shits about it anyway. Cultural marxism is seriously just straight up a mainstream right-wing talking at this point, except now you pronounce it "SJW's ruin everything!!1!" The untermensch are trying to seize the reins of culture and erase our glorious ancestral heritage, you see.

MLP slipped in a few years before America just turned into interwar Germany, so intead of it being a 4chan circlejerk about how SJW's ruin everything (because it was nominally targeted at young girls, and nothing should ever be for or about women, that is cultural marxism SJW's ruin everything) it ended up a more literal kind of 4chan circlejerk. To ponies. With their penises. That's not going to happen to She-Ra not because it's not fappable enough (as that person is implying), but instead because a political movement that was once nebulous and fractured is now solidified and totally capable of broadcasting marching orders and groupthink into the public consciousness. In 2010, you would have had to go out of your way to figure out what nazis thought of My Little Pony. In 2018, it trends on twitter and YouTube will recommend videos about it to you and your children. Not My Little Pony, I mean, just what nazis think of popular culture.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

As others have said, they can like it without being dicks (I assume).

The humor I got out of it was person points out dicks hate that they can't take over something like they have before, and someone who was so obviously the person they were talking about that it had to be a joke/set-up responded without any apparent self-awareness. I am still not sure that the second post was real and made by a real person, or if they created that avatar and name to make that post.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

DSMatticus wrote:
I assume your boys aren't maddened by its existence, so I'm not sure how any of this applies to them.

The new She-Ra design sparked one of those infamous waves of alt-right social media outrage from a bunch of men who had likely never watched the original She-Ra and gave zero shits about it anyway. Cultural marxism is seriously just straight up a mainstream right-wing talking at this point, except now you pronounce it "SJW's ruin everything!!1!" The untermensch are trying to seize the reins of culture and erase our glorious ancestral heritage, you see.

MLP slipped in a few years before America just turned into interwar Germany, so intead of it being a 4chan circlejerk about how SJW's ruin everything (because it was nominally targeted at young girls, and nothing should ever be for or about women, that is cultural marxism SJW's ruin everything) it ended up a more literal kind of 4chan circlejerk. To ponies. With their penises. That's not going to happen to She-Ra not because it's not fappable enough (as that person is implying), but instead because a political movement that was once nebulous and fractured is now solidified and totally capable of broadcasting marching orders and groupthink into the public consciousness. In 2010, you would have had to go out of your way to figure out what nazis thought of My Little Pony. In 2018, it trends on twitter and YouTube will recommend videos about it to you and your children. Not My Little Pony, I mean, just what nazis think of popular culture.
This is appropriate:

Last edited by hyzmarca on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I do not like the new She-Ra Art-Style, but that is probably because i grew up on MOTU and SHE-RA . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

As the resident gross guy that co-opts cartoons for girls, I have no strong opinions on the new she-ra cartoon. Just looks like the same Steven universe/ teen Titans go/thundercats roar style that the kiddies like these days.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Yeah. And i do not like that. GET OFF MY CARTOON LAWN YOU DAMN KIDZ!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

erik
King

Post by erik »

As someone who has had a MLP avatar for like 15 or so years I’m sure I’d get included as a gross guy who likes a “girl” cartoon despite that my avatar is predating FiM. So now I’m winding up watching the next thing with my kids and will probably be just as taboo such that I cannot talk about it without people making their own misjudgments. Shrug. That’s what my “oops” meant. I just can’t win.

I wasn’t offering commentary on my kids, or nazi or misogynist assholes. Just whining that I’m likely to be pigeonholed once more. Nothing to see here. Move along citizens.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Why can't you like something normal, like Transformers or anal beads?
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
erik
King

Post by erik »

Shrapnel wrote:Why can't you like something normal, like Transformers or anal beads?

Don’t be weird.

Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Shrapnel wrote:Why can't you like something normal, like Transformers or anal beads?
Transformers are too square-ish, and the corners are uncomfortable.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

You ever try to jam a plastic horse in your ass? It's less fun than it sounds.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

No, but I have shoved a micro-cassette up there.
Half asleep upon my knee
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

we can agree anyone using a nolan joker avatar is a bad person though yeah
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

OgreBattle wrote:we can agree anyone using a nolan joker avatar is a bad person though yeah
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

They... they're so cute and sexy, but... I don't like either beverage. I've got one hamdigner of a moral conundrum, here.
Half asleep upon my knee
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

I've been a Dr. P fan since the day I was allowed to drink soda, and despite skirts being god's gift to mankind, it's never going to pry my devotion regardless of length.
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.