like someone took a little dull knife and started scraping
like someone had taken
Little stinging cat kissed along my jaw
kisses
My heart gave her too-clever smile
what now?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Fixed.
what now?
"My heart" is a term of endearment, it's a reference to her lover. Although in hindsight I suppose I should have said "Cheshire grin".
Last edited by Ancient History on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

and a "gave me" would have been a nice hint that the other one was meant.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Ancient History wrote:Fixed.
what now?
"My heart" is a term of endearment, it's a reference to her lover. Although in hindsight I suppose I should have said "Cheshire grin".
Then perhaps consider capitalizing "heart" so the meaning is conveyed better?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I'm against capitalizing it only because then readers might mistake it for a proper name.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Ahh... That explains why my son thinks my name is Mommy. ;)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Today on the Unpublishable is "Mule Contract," a slice-of-life look at the cutthroat world of military pack animal provisioning: http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... tract.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Today on the Unpublishable, the slightly macabre "Smoker's Heaven." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... eaven.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Whoops, i actually missed the 18th update <.<;,
and the president was making noises that might lead to military invention
intervention surely, or does he want to invent a new kind of pack animal?
a new designed
just design here

Very interesting side of the weapons/military trade world ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Now for Smokers Heaven:
though few had the clearance to know exactly what it was the roof was
err . . what? O.o

i . . i don't really get this one i am afraid O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Fixed and fixed. "Smoker's Heaven" is a bit of an implicit piece - you've got these people with their hidden spot to go out and have a quiet smoke, and they find this dead body there that would ruin everything, so without exchanging a word with each other they all come to the conclusion to cover it up.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

aaaah, thank you ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

It has been a shitty week. I have written very little. So today on the Unpublishable, inspired by questions asked by Mark McLaughlin, here are "Three Premises Involving Chickens." Vote on your favorite and next week I'll flesh it out into a full story.
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... ckens.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Not entirely happy with this week's Unpublishable, but following on from last week I give you: "Why did the Zombie Chicken Cross the Road?"
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... -road.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Unpublishable. "After Lupercalia." 'nuff said.
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... calia.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

don't think i have forgotten about this, but i will only start with the last 3 on monday, when i am back at work and probably bored out of my mind.
sorry for the inconvenience.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

No worries.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Three Premises involving Chicken:
pitchers of beard
pitchers of beard? O.o

nothing else wrong with it, aside from you being a silly old ganter ^^

Zombie Chicken:
game bird
game bird? O.o

nothing else wrong with it, aside from you being a silly old ganter ^^

Lupercalia:
i can find no errors in this one, very good.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

"Game bird" is an actual term in English to distinguish between birds which are normally domesticated (chicken, geese, some ducks) and those which are generally considered for hunting (wild duck, pheasant, etc.)
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ah, good to know . .
But then, if this is about Chicken, would that not mean that Game Bird is wrong because Chicken are domesticated and not for hunting then?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Random ramblings from a demented brain. Today on the Unpublishable: "Underage Shoggoths." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... goths.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

On Simone's lap, something small and so inbred as to be almost shapeless panted in her lap
come now, you can do better than that

can't find anything else wrong with this story either.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Terrible Star Wars fanfic today on the Unpublishable: "Rain on Klatooine," starring Eiven Task.
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... ooine.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

This week on the Unpublishable: "Eztli and the Tlahuelpuchi." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... puchi.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

ack, i actually missed the one last week it seems x.x
no idea how <.<;,
i will probably give both of these a read on monday, when i get paid for doing so ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote: