MAGIC SOOUULLLSSSS Libertarian

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Post by infected slut princess »

Ok idiots, I don't want to hear anything abotu Shadow Stats in my thread.

John Williams doesn't actually publish his formula as far as I know, but he says he applies the "old method" to the same data, as if I should care. All this shows is that inflation measurement was WAY shittier back then.

I mean look at this crap:

Notice that it's the same line, just shifted UP. Both lines show relative stability in the last few years. Neither shows a rate of increase since 2001. I point this out because the rate of increase needs to rise for mass inflation or hyperinflation.

But look at the numbers themsleves. if inflation were really 10%, then GDP would be like negative 9% growth right now, and that would mean the uS has been in a recession for the last few years. A major recession. This obviously isn't true. Corporate profits and tax receipts have been strong. This would not happen in a high inflation environment.

I mean you better have a pretty fucking MAGICAL formula if you take the same BLS data and somehow get a SEVERE RECESSION in a five-year period where you have high corporate profits. Good luck.

You're all retards.
Last edited by infected slut princess on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, then you are an idiot. Because infected slut princess has never posted anything worth reading at any time.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Well, we have actually been in a recession, it's called the Great Recession. But that's sort of beyond your point, which is just by posting that graph you basically admit Shadow Stats doesn't have a formula, because their formula is just an unstated (and probably arbitrary) linear increase.

And you can totally have high corporate profits in a recession - the idea is that total growth decreases, but that's not spread evenly across the board. Some people are hit hard by it, others profit off it. The increased corporate profits speak of a greater concentration of wealth at the top, while many of the worst effects of the recession are felt by the middle and lower-class, who have a shrinking portion of the wealth (and are more likely to be unemployed).

Also, please unfuck your tags, Princess.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I think isp failed to understand that we were criticizing shadowstats, because he criticized shadowstats, and then called us all idiots as if those things were related.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

His last post wasn't much better. "Hey, you idiots, what you don't understand is that the Keynesians were right all along."
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Has anyone mentioned Kansas?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.