[Non-political] News that makes you Laugh/Cry/Both...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

That's... really stupid. It seems like there should be some outlandishly huge fine for doing that.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Does growing weed really require electricity? I assume if you're setting up a major hydroponics thing so you can be a big-time dealer then sure, but if you're just growing for personal use, I would have thought it grows just like any other plant in the yard: occasional watering, shout at it on occasion to make sure it knows who's boss, threaten it with a shotgun if it gets out of line.

I mean, people go around planting it on traffic islands, roundabouts and other public grassland just for lulz and it seems to grow just fine.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

People can't grow it in the open, so they usually do it in windowless, covered areas. That requires strong grow lights, thus lots of electricity.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Yeah, in places where it's illegal even small-time farmers do it in enclosed areas with grow lamps and have to crank up the AC to keep it from overheating the house.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Yeah. Plants like being in broad daylight, and "in broad daylight" is one of the worst places ever to keep things that are illegal. Growing plants under other circumstances involves powering a miniature sun and generating so much heat that your house glows in infrared.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Also... well, you know how fragrant plants can be? Think of the most fragrant plant you've ever encountered. Probably just something that you could smell as you walked by, or lilac that gave a vague scent to a room, right?

Weed is nowhere near so polite. A friend of mine was in charge of growing the allotted amount for himself and several others which their CA medical cannabis cards allowed (and allowed to be grown by proxy). Due to homeowners' associations being what they are, he had to do this in the attic of the house--he set up the hydroponics and sunlamp with a kind of reflective mylar surround or something. Of course the entire fucking house smelled like weed. Even with ventilation, that just made it fairly faint, to the point where the scent you caught walking in you could be forgiven for thinking was just the little bit they had for actually smoking.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Eh, they make ice cream from breast milk, so why not?

Edit:
A new possible ad campaign to get men eating yogurt?
Last edited by RobbyPants on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Vagigurt! The closest some men will ever get to eating pussy."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

I wonder what the gay man's version of that would be.
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

icyshadowlord wrote:I wonder what the gay man's version of that would be.
Probably http://www.nerve.com/love-sex/adventure ... with-semen
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Related to the Pot Growing conversation-

A Roof Without Snow Means Reefer Will Grow Image
Gawker wrote:Police in the Netherlands raided an otherwise normal-looking house in the city of Haarlem last week when they surmised from the lack of snow on its roof that there was some suspicious activity going on within. The house was full of sweet, sticky reefer. Go figure.

The Telegraph reports that when the police arrived at the house, which was the only one on the street not covered with a light dusting of snow, they discovered an "industrial-scale cultivation of cannabis" and all kinds of heat lamps to nurture the owner's little baby buds.

While the Netherlands has lax laws regarding weed consumption (spring break, babyyy), it is illegal to grow more than five cannabis plants at home. As a warning to other growhouses in the Netherlands, Dutch police tweeted out a photo of the snowless house asking house owners to snitch on their neighbors. Very unchill.

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Damn, not even Law & Order: SVU gets dat clever
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

so . .
appearantly watching actual people play games on twitch.tv got too mainstream and people have started watching AI play against itself it seems:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02 ... eam+RSS%29
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
darkmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by darkmaster »

Well, this would be more strange if the folks over at Relms Beyond hadn't already started doing something extremely similar in Civ 4 last year and this wern't obviously an offshoot of that. The Civ 4 AI games started in celebration of the superbowl by the way.
Kaelik wrote:
darkmaster wrote:Tgdmb.moe, like the gaming den, but we all yell at eachother about wich lucky star character is the cutest.
Fuck you Haruhi is clearly the best moe anime, and we will argue about how Haruhi and Nagato are OP and um... that girl with blond hair? is for shitters.

If you like Lucky Star then I will explain in great detail why Lucky Star is the a shitty shitty anime for shitty shitty people, and how the characters have no interesting abilities at all, and everything is poorly designed especially the skill challenges.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

They didn't need to invent anything sedentary lifestyle does, in fact, kill more people than cancer does.

Or, more specifically, heart disease kills more people than cancer does, and sedentary lifestyle is the number one cause of heart disease.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

The world has become a much sadder place.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

700 koalas were killed in Australia because "they were just dying anyway". Russian embassy made an official statement that they hope that koalas from G20 photos are still alive. Trolling is a art.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I would need more information than that article presents, as culling the numbers is occasionally needed, especially in cases of overpopulation.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

We frequently have to cull lots of things out of overpopulation, yeah. That said, I don't know if that could have been avoided by government intervention - resettlement, cutting back on logging and so on.

In all likelihood though, Environment Minister Greg Hunt* just needed them to die so he could maintain his erection. Because he's a bit of a Greg Hunt like that.

*Yes, his name is Cockney rhyming slang. Yes, for the word you're thinking.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.