After Sundown 2nd: World At Night

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

I'm loving the chapter, but in the New York section I'm a little queasy about having _actual_ businesses and people named. I'd imagine some of them would become a little uptight about being described in conjunction with various denizens of the night. Even if the the actual description is complementary, describing the clientele as literal vampires is something that ends up in court for defamation. Even if the literature is demonstrably fiction.
And yeah, this is a small change publication, it's fiction, etc. etc. but it's not something that I would want to risk.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

P*Ong is now closed, or so the internet tells me. Mr. Wing's Antiques is purely a name drop from Gremlins. The description of the past of the Hot Lap Dance Club is pretty much 100% fact, with the only possible differences being the use of the term "paramilitary" and ascribing motives to the police commissioner*. It seriously was run by high powered lawyers and political activists.

*I'm not calling Frank out, I'm confessing actual ignorance on my part on those parts.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

They've both closed down (AFAICT), but Pichet Ong is a real chef, who still operates a business. But that the business has closed down doesn't stop it being started again and it doesn't protect you from frivolous lawsuits.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

I would also lean towards sticking to only fictional names for people and businesses within at least the past 50 years or so.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Good point on Ong. Swapped out for Pearl from Blade and Phoebe from Friends.

The Blood Knights are still "dread." The use of dread as an adjective would be kind of old fashioned if it weren't for Dread Pirate Roberts, but the Blood Knights are about as old fashioned as they come.

Typos corrected. Thanks guys.

-Username17
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Prak_Anima wrote:I now kind of want to troll anti-climate change fundies by claiming that ancient demons are imprisoned in the ice and we must do everything we can to stop the melting of the caps, lest Abramileth The Destroyer be let loose and bring the End Times.
It wouldn't work. They want the end times.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Frank Slide. On April 29th, 1903, 82 million tonnes of Turtle Mountain fell onto the mining town of Frank in Canada's Northwest Territories (now the province of Alberta). This killed 84 people in an instant and left the entire area a field of barren, jagged stones. The railroad and the highway both go through the area of desolation, but no one and nothing lives there to this day. Lingering long after dark is ill-advised, as an uncontrolled burst of Orphic power erupts there at 4:10 in the morning for several minutes every Wednesday. Bodies in the area when that happens rise as Zombies.
I've worked here and can confirm that 100% of this is true, including the orphic power and zombies.
Midnight_v
Knight-Baron

Post by Midnight_v »

Ikeren wrote:
Frank Slide. On April 29th, 1903, 82 million tonnes of Turtle Mountain fell onto the mining town of Frank in Canada's Northwest Territories (now the province of Alberta). This killed 84 people in an instant and left the entire area a field of barren, jagged stones. The railroad and the highway both go through the area of desolation, but no one and nothing lives there to this day. Lingering long after dark is ill-advised, as an uncontrolled burst of Orphic power erupts there at 4:10 in the morning for several minutes every Wednesday. Bodies in the area when that happens rise as Zombies.
I've worked here and can confirm that 100% of this is true, including the orphic power and zombies.
Hahahaha! Awesome!
Don't hate the world you see, create the world you want....
Dear Midnight, you have actually made me sad. I took a day off of posting yesterday because of actual sadness you made me feel in my heart for you.
...If only you'd have stopped forever...