Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Oh Naruto, I was hoping for an book ;-)
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

http://www.harrypotterfanzone.com/wp-co ... lynch2.jpg

You're kidding me, right? Please tell me you're fucking kidding me. Srsly, not.... hot, barely registers as acceptably good looking; I see better looking girls on campus than that brick-chinned, log-nosed, dome-foreheaded face.

Ultimately, the face looks so boring. Sort of ugly too. I'm half expecting it's b/c of media bombardment, or something similar that's making a skull and face like that to be considered "good" in terms of femme facial standards.There's got to be a better pic than that.

Then again... I find many faces to be grotesque, and so many more to be completely unmemorable. The amount of "good looking" people I see tends to be infinitesimally small, and people who others describe as "hot" do absolutely nothing for me at all.

and Harry Potter...... just so much head-shaking dumb. Just so much head-shakingly dumb fills those stories.

The morality lessons are... so easy to punch holes through; the amazing stupidity of Harry over, and over, and over again is ridiculous; at a much younger age than him, myself, my brother, my friend, and his two younger brothers were able to come up with fiendishly complicated plans on how to defeat bizarre puzzle ghost-liches, successfully take on Ogres in their lairs, and take on dragons in 2e with pretty much mundane equipment and resources.

Harry... has a bunch of stupid tiny little challenges to beat; and has the force multiplier of massive amounts of magical support and..... always "barely wins".

Either a bunch of Canadian teens are more strategically savy than Rowling (completely possible; I mean, we took pretty evilish alignments to not be constrained by things like "morality" in case the game ever forced us to labour over a moral decision that we as players would have made anyway) or Harry really is supposed to be that stupid. More likely Rowling is that inept as an author.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

You gonna be okay, JE?
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

That's a lot of words to say that you find different people pretty than what other people do. :p
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

JE, here is what I actually wrote. I've bolded some things for emphasis.
ubernoob wrote:Emma Watson and Evanna Lynch have both gotten INCREDIBLY pretty as they've aged. Especially Evanna Lynch. I totally did see the last movie just to watch them both be pretty on screen. Plus, the shitty plot is a LOT more tolerable when you've got CG effects every two minutes looking pretty.

Granted, HP isn't as pretty as Avatar (furries; not airbenders), but the most recent movie was totally worth killing an hour and a half watching it with some friends.

Edit: http://www.harrypotterfanzone.com/wp-co ... lynch2.jpg
If you'll kindly note how many times I wrote the word hot. Please count them. And duh, they look better on screen. Makeup. Duh.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

Yeah, she is pretty cute. Part of it is the onscreen persona, though. Like some of the good-crazy girls I hung out with in high school.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

You're too picky, JE.

Or perhaps Jigoku said it best. Something about an easy-going girl with loads of creativity is better than anything.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Sashi
Knight-Baron

Post by Sashi »

Judging__Eagle wrote:http://www.harrypotterfanzone.com/wp-co ... lynch2.jpg

You're kidding me, right? Please tell me you're fucking kidding me. Srsly, not.... hot, barely registers as acceptably good looking; I see better looking girls on campus than that brick-chinned, log-nosed, dome-foreheaded face.

Ultimately, the face looks so boring. Sort of ugly too. I'm half expecting it's b/c of media bombardment, or something similar that's making a skull and face like that to be considered "good" in terms of femme facial standards.There's got to be a better pic than that.
And I bet her knees are sharp, as well.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Sigma wrote:You're too picky, JE.
Honestly, I don't think she's very cute/pretty/hot/good-looking either.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I think she's pretty.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

ubernoob wrote:JE, here is what I actually wrote. I've bolded some things for emphasis.
ubernoob wrote:Emma Watson and Evanna Lynch have both gotten INCREDIBLY pretty as they've aged. Especially Evanna Lynch. I totally did see the last movie just to watch them both be pretty on screen. Plus, the shitty plot is a LOT more tolerable when you've got CG effects every two minutes looking pretty.

Granted, HP isn't as pretty as Avatar (furries; not airbenders), but the most recent movie was totally worth killing an hour and a half watching it with some friends.

Edit: http://www.harrypotterfanzone.com/wp-co ... lynch2.jpg
If you'll kindly note how many times I wrote the word hot. Please count them. And duh, they look better on screen. Makeup. Duh.
Fine, not hot. However, absolutely, definitely, not pretty. Completely the opposite of pretty. Really, it's that vaguely defined part of her facial features, like clods of clay that weren't quite formed into a face, that throws me.

And Siggy, that's probably true. Wrong eye shape on a person is something that I've realized is one of my triggers for negative reaction to faces. Bone structure, facial symmetry and a bunch of other things also affect my opinion. These aren't even conscious decisions, I've only been able to realize them after making them all of the time for most of my life.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I like both Lynch and Watson, but more for their ability to portray their roles very convincingly aside from just physical beauty.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, I'm joining the "I think she's pretty, JE is very picky" crowd.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Something about the way her face is arranged around her nose is unattractive, that, along with the masculine shape of her jaw and large forehead, not that I've got any room to talk in the particular area, stops her from going from decently pretty to noticeably attractive; in that picture at least, anyway.
Last edited by Calibron on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

On a related note, Evanna Lynch seems to have a doppelganger from eastern europe as a model. The set was pretty good, and the resemblance is rather striking.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Sorry, but I agree with Maj. There is nothing remotely good about how either of them have aged. Frankly, at the risk of sounding like some kind of lolicon, they looked better when they were younger.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

Luna/Evanna Lynch was adorable in the last HP movie I saw. (Order of the Phoenix, maybe?) She seems much prettier in the movie than in the book's description.
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Sir Neil wrote:Luna/Evanna Lynch was adorable in the last HP movie I saw. (Order of the Phoenix, maybe?) She seems much prettier in the movie than in the book's description.
It's been a while since I've touched the books, but I don't recall her being described as notably pretty ANYWHERE. Seems like the studios decided to make her pretty (makeup!) just to make the movie more watchable?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

ubernoob wrote:
Sir Neil wrote:Luna/Evanna Lynch was adorable in the last HP movie I saw. (Order of the Phoenix, maybe?) She seems much prettier in the movie than in the book's description.
It's been a while since I've touched the books, but I don't recall her being described as notably pretty ANYWHERE. Seems like the studios decided to make her pretty (makeup!) just to make the movie more watchable?
She was largely a bit character in the books, with few notable scenes or efforts except that she was nominally part of the cavalry. Really she was "that weird kid no one's friends with, so you should be SELFLESS and be friends with her because it'll make you a better person" in the books. Seriously. In Order of the Phoenix, Cho laughs that Harry is hanging out with the weird kids (Luna, Neville, and Ginny) and he actually gets embarrassed, like a dumbass.

The movies decided to go more with a "yeah, she's weird, what's wrong with that?" treatment.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Prak_Anima wrote: The movies decided to go more with a "yeah, she's weird, what's wrong with that?" treatment.
You can get away with being pretty damn weird if you're pretty.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

ubernoob wrote:Seems like the studios decided to make her pretty (makeup!) just to make the movie more watchable?
American movies and television tend to cast every part at least two steps more good-looking than warranted. Even the ugly people are (usually) someone you'd hit on in a club, because they only look ugly compared to the model-quality people surrounding them.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Mister_Sinister wrote:Sorry, but I agree with Maj. There is nothing remotely good about how either of them have aged. Frankly, at the risk of sounding like some kind of lolicon, they looked better when they were younger.
Somehow,after reading your second sentence, I had a feeling it was going to be followed by the third one. :p

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
ubernoob wrote:Seems like the studios decided to make her pretty (makeup!) just to make the movie more watchable?
American movies and television tend to cast every part at least two steps more good-looking than warranted. Even the ugly people are (usually) someone you'd hit on in a club, because they only look ugly compared to the model-quality people surrounding them.
Hollywood Homely?
Last edited by RobbyPants on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

Zinegata wrote:I like both Lynch and Watson, but read Playboy for the articles.
Last edited by JigokuBosatsu on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.