Stay Classy Paizo.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Kaelik, living example of privilege. Of course nothing he does is privileged in any way. Oh no, he's never do that.

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

DragonChild wrote:Someone dared to mention women. The gamer guys who are unattractive, insane, unstable, and totally drama-infested tend to freak out when that happens.
+1
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

DragonChild wrote:Someone dared to mention women. The gamer guys who are unattractive, insane, unstable, and totally drama-infested tend to freak out when that happens.
The past few months on these boards have been pretty enlightening, in a 'They Live' way. My heroic version of TGD is ruin, but maybe it's for the better.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Crissa wrote:Kaelik, living example of privilege. Of course nothing he does is privileged in any way. Oh no, he's never do that.

-Crissa
First of all retard. I didn't do it, because it was clearly childish bullshit, exactly as childish as you calling everything you don't like sexism because you are fucking retarded.

I'm not calling it not privilege because I did it, I'm calling it not privilege because it's not fucking privileged, as evidenced by the fact that women do the same goddam thing to men, and men do the same thing to men, because it's something humans do when things go south in a relationship with someone they really cared for.

But Heaven forbid that Crissa lets something as pointless and irrelevant as the fact that both genders are being treated equally get in the way of her accusations of sexism.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

To be fair, the topic was only about women at the time, & I assumed it was understood that gamer guys are endomorphic social misfits at the best of times when you talk of this. I can't really generalize when/why male gamers are good potential partners, because the male part automatically removes them from my list.

EDIT: I also assumed it was a time to be safely childish, which it seems I was wrong in assuming.
Last edited by virgil on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Kaelik, nothing you're saying has anything to do with equality. Hence prodding you to rant endlessly about things which you seem endlessly ignorant about.

Like virgil said, it's pretty much a given that gamers are going to be messed up (Count has spawned many a thread which gives very good evidence here). But that does not make it equality.

You don't even understand the concept of privilege, Kaelik. I don't even know why it bothers you so much to realize that in this world - even the geeky-gaming world - that guys own the companies, the money, the marketing, and push women away from the tables. Even companies which have a majority women player base don't have equality at the helm.

This includes message boards, where topics and posters still generally favor men. To the point that you, personally, have encouraged members to harass other women away. Not just the general air of acceptance to male-favored memes - which is what privilege is.

That you argue about it far more than I do should be particularly telling to your privilege. And yet you never stop and examine your own words, or take an oppositional position to other posters who are practicing misogynistic memes.

I've learned to temper my tongue because of your constant harping, but apparently not even that is enough.

-Crissa
Last edited by Crissa on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Crissa wrote:(Count has spawned many a thread which gives very good evidence here).
Can we leave my past out of this please? I'm trying very hard to improve myself and constantly bringing up the past is not aiding in my efforts.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Crissa wrote:To the point that you, personally, have encouraged members to harass other women away.
Oh Crissa, I thought we had graduated from the part where you lie, claiming I have said/done X, that I have not done, and just moved on to the part where you claim that everything I do is sexist because I'm male.

But I guess we regressed. So back to "That never happened, point to this supposed instance you liar."
Crissa wrote:And yet you never stop and examine your own words, or take an oppositional position to other posters who are practicing misogynistic memes.
Crissa, if all you have to say is stupid, don't say anything at all. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they don't think about what they are saying. Sometimes it just means you think stupidly. But yes, thank you very much for demanding that I be the forum police, I'll keep that on file the next time someone, IE, everyone, gets mad at me for calling someone on their stupidity.

But you know what Crissa, I can't really blame you personally, it's unfair. After all, it's not really your fault, you are just bamboozeled by your privilege. That's why whenever you say anything at all about anything, you are wrong without me having to address your arguments, because gaming forums privilege rich people just like everywhere else in the world. So you are incapable of recognizing your privilege, and therefore don't understand why what you are doing is incredibly classist.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

maddd0g wrote:We're talking about women here. By most people's standards, none of them are sane, stable, and without drama.
There's a world of difference between regular neurosis - which everyone has to one extent or another and is not confined to one gender - and full-blown craziness. The former is tolerable, and the latter is not.
Yeah, whatever. You and Crissa can level whatever ad-hominem attacks you want at me, but I still stand by my original statements. I just hope that ubernoob covers his ass and doesn't get burned too badly. Good luck, buddy.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Hey, less herp derp about women and more herp derp from Paizils, kkthxbye.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Shazbot79
Journeyman

Post by Shazbot79 »

Ganbare Gincun wrote: Based on my personal experience with "hot nerd girls", ~99% of them are damaged goods. Best to ride them like a rollercoaster until you get sick of them and move on. But don't get caught up in their head games, and don't sacrifice your dignity just to score a piece of ass. Chances are good that the girl of your dreams is really the village bicycle.

At the end of the day, your odds of finding a "hot nerd girl" that's actually worth a shit are about as good as your odds of winning the lottery or becoming an EVA pilot. It's better to focus your attention on nerd girls that may be "less hot" but are "more sane" - someone that you can actually develop a healthy relationship with.
Or you could, you know, date girls who AREN'T nerds at all. Common interests aren't the only components to a successful relationship.

Personally, I've never met a gamer chick that I would be enticed to date/knob/marry or whathaveyou. I tend to waver from girl-nextdoor types to artsy hipster girls myself.
Last edited by Shazbot79 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Can we leave my past out of this please?
I didn't say you were an example, just that your threads offer into evidence of such. You're just willing to talk about your past, which encourages others.
Ganbare Gincun wrote:
Yeah, whatever. You and Crissa can level whatever ad-hominem attacks you want at me, but I still stand by my original statements. I just hope that ubernoob covers his ass and doesn't get burned too badly. Good luck, buddy.
What ad-hominem attacks did I lob? At you? What the hell?

-Crissa

PS: Kaelik whines about Privilege, part two hundred fifty-six.
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

Crissa wrote:What ad-hominem attacks did I lob? At you? What the hell?
My bad, Crissa. I thought you were lumping me in with the privileged set. If that was not your intention, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Ganbare Gincun wrote:
Crissa wrote:What ad-hominem attacks did I lob? At you? What the hell?
My bad, Crissa. I thought you were lumping me in with the privileged set. If that was not your intention, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.
She's at least smart enough to realize when she's being stupid. Sure originally she was calling you privileged and not me, because I didn't post anything about "Chicks be crazy!" But now that you aren't arguing against her, and I am, there's no reason for her to use the "You are privileged, so I automatically win all debates because you just don't understand" complaint against you, better to just whine about how it's all Kaelik's fault that other people said bad things she doesn't like.

It's because of her privilege that she thinks she can just ignore other people's arguments and they'll go away, because only moneyed people's opinion matters, and the common rif-raf need to just know their place.

So Crissa, any word on that blatant lie about encouraging other people to drive off women? Or are you just going to hope everyone forgets your lies?
Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Fuckin' A, get a thread you guys.
malak
Master

Post by malak »

Meanwhile in Paizoland:
Wrath wrote:Alternatively if there is no snark, the post is written in such a way as to portray the OP as incontrovertably correct and people should just acknowedge this. Most times they just come off as completely arrogent.

Unfortunately, these people do not like it when others tell them they don't agree with their arguments and so chaos ensues. Very often the second category come in with a mathematical approach to a game where the sheer quantity of variables in any one situation make accurate mathematical predictions impossible to use. Which is why they get disagreement from many people who regularly play the game. These naysayers of the maths are quickly labelled as "fanbois" or "Homebrewers" who can be dismissed with the wave of a hand.
Edit: removed link.
Last edited by malak on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

So...

Wrath: Math is HARD! You guys just don't understand, playtesting is about testing playing the game!

How am I doing on Reader's Digest versions?
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

malak wrote:Meanwhile in Paizoland:
Quick note, we've made it a rule not to link to threads on other forums. Copypasta posts is a grey area.
Saxony
Master

Post by Saxony »

Crissa wrote:That you argue about it far more than I do should be particularly telling to your privilege.
Regardless of who is right here, this statement makes little or perhaps no sense. Perhaps your fight spreads farther than just this thread, but I've been seeing pretty consistent back and forth in this one. Furthermore, how much someone argues about an unfair advantage does not absolutely imply they have that unfair advantage.

Crissa is correct when saying we live in a sexist world. Males hold a disproportionate amount of lead positions. That mark of sexism existing in the gaming hobby wouldn't surprise me, though I've not seen any statistics so I can neither agree or disagree. Just hearing the names of CEO's and writers randomly over the years makes me believe it does exist.

To speak anecdotally, nerds in general seem to be maladjusted. Being socially awkward or socially inexperienced is really common. The comment "all nerd females are crazy" is just a combination of "nerds are crazy" and "I'm a sexist fool because someone hurt me herp dee derp". It's true that non-nerd females are generally less crazy than nerd females, but saying just that is missing the big picture.

On the other hand, a male on a male dominated board could be saying "Nerd romantic partners are crazy" and just happened to say "female" because this is a male dominated board and "female" is synonymous with "romantic partner" in the vast majority of cases. Based on the tone, I think the poster was just being a sexist fool and also believes males are better than females by some tortured logic.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Someone help me out with this. Context is discussing the Holy Warrior variant cleric that gives up all domains for Full BAB/d10 HD.

I ran a short lived game wth a 15th level holy warrior. It was just to good. Full bab and full casting, it was the best fighter without any spells, so ya had a fighter and a cleric rolled into one.

It was just a no brainer and something I found to good, it straight up out shined everyone, even more then normal .
The 'best fighter without any spells' I don't understand.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

I think he meant that he was the best fighter in his group even without the spellcasting.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Sounds plausible I guess. Especially if the rest of the group were monks and other gimps.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

A Man In Black wrote:When did this go from the daily Paizo two minutes hate to a circlejerk/misogyny thread?
It's the natural order of things in the Den.
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

Lago PARANOIA wrote:The past few months on these boards have been pretty enlightening, in a 'They Live' way. My heroic version of TGD is ruin, but maybe it's for the better.
I'm certain that it is.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm trying very hard to improve myself and constantly bringing up the past is not aiding in my efforts.
For what it's worth, I've noticed the effort.