[3.x]Call to Adventure: Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

That seems reasonable.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

What a pain in the ass. Invisible castle is down.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Okay, IC thread is up. Neither vagrant or OgreBattle got their characters in - I presume Real Life happened, so they're moved to the Provisional List; if they happen to get their stuff together they can still play, but meanwhile let's get started.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

OK, finished equipment. I'm assuming I can wear an exotic pack saddle as a backpack since I'm the approximate size and shape of a bipedal Kodiak bear with wings. Also I think it's kind of cool that a giant monster would use something like that as a backpack.

Can it be assumed that my character, being part minotaur part devil and part dragon, can eat any dead bodies we don't animate? Otherwise I'll add some rations to his giant backpack of doom. Other than that I'm finished.

(also add Magic Item Compendium to books used.)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Darth Rabbitt wrote:OK, finished equipment. I'm assuming I can wear an exotic pack saddle as a backpack since I'm the approximate size and shape of a bipedal Kodiak bear with wings. Also I think it's kind of cool that a giant monster would use something like that as a backpack.

Can it be assumed that my character, being part minotaur part devil and part dragon, can eat any dead bodies we don't animate? Otherwise I'll add some rations to his giant backpack of doom. Other than that I'm finished.

(also add Magic Item Compendium to books used.)
The packsaddle/backpack is fine. And any of you can try to eat anything you want.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I don't like the way you said "try" there so I added some rations (probably made of Wizard jerky). It's not stated but I'd guess that rations for Large characters would weigh 4x the amount given for Medium characters, as Small rations weigh 1/4 the amount. I don't know if they'd cost any more but I could probably afford them anyways.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Well, you just feel free. Anyway, whenever y'all want to start posting in the IC thread, adventure awaits.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Smells like your bog standard river ambush. Which is bad because I am ill equipped to deal with that sort of thing.

Edit: How wide is the river in feet just to be sure?
Last edited by Dominicius on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I can fly overhead and see if I can spot anything. I'll tell you guys telepathically lest anyone trying to ambush us would hear that we're on to them.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Dominicius wrote: Edit: How wide is the river in feet just to be sure?
About 400 feet where it meets the sea, though it narrows further inland.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Apologies for the delay, had trouble loading TGD then had to do some stuff for work. 7 players is plenty and they all look to be pretty well optimized so I'll sit this one out.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Since there appear to be no objections, I'm going with my plan.

However, Archimedes is approximately the same size as the boat (12') but I assume that he can squeeze in enough to allow the others on. I don't know if he'd knock anyone else over while getting off. Because I imagine the rest of the party will be pissed if I accidentally throw them overboard or capsize the boat.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

We'll make it a pair of boats.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Can I take the Unseelie Fey template from Dragon Compendium? The description doesn't list an LA, but the sample Unseelie Gnome Warrior says LA 0.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Sure.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Cool. Modified my sheet. Incidentally, Sha'ir's also from Dragon Compendium.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

When you are done introducing your characters, you will also need to decide when/if to land and how y'all want to proceed.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

All I did was cast Ray of Frost. Could one feasibly cool down a beverage with it?

ALSO. We need intel from Darth to do much of anything without it being metagamey at the moment. Without some good divination spells.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

I'm pretty much done. I figure we could head in the direction of the smoke and hope it leads us to a village. That is just mt idea.
Last edited by Dominicius on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

AcidBlades wrote:All I did was cast Ray of Frost. Could one feasibly cool down a beverage with it?
Sure. Liquids don't take damage.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Between being at a tech conference this weekend and tgdmb outages, I haven't had time to stat out my skeleton.

I'll stat him out tomorrow, though if you'd rather he could just disappear and I could summon him later.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Somebody should check out the source of that smell once the rest of the party is informed of it.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

Though Invisible Castle is down, I got me an 18 on the 20 DC Diplomacy check to get me a Range increased Sculpted Color Spray. The overall maluses and penalties would give me an 15, so if I could do those sort of checks on a take 10, then that would mean that I'd get the spell anyways.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Skeleton is up on sheet.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I'm going to assume that everyone is speaking aloud in Common unless otherwise indicated.