Fuck It

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak wrote:
Kaelik wrote:PartyKillMonsterofMageHate
If you're talking about my barbarian, the whole "I hate magic" thing was changed...
I don't know how you managed to take zero tome feats. Also, I cannot stress this enough, my only goal in this campaign is to punish you for taking Leap Attack.

Literally just that, and nothing else.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Hey, Kaelik, here's something you may have not fucking figured out- I'm playing my character, not fucking you. So fuck right off.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak wrote:Hey, Kaelik, here's something you may have not fucking figured out- I'm playing my character, not fucking you. So fuck right off.
So you are totally fine with me using Candle's of Invocation and non-Tome Gate because it is my character and has absolutely no effect on anyone else's ability to enjoy the game?

Fuck you, you picked a feat that is completely overpowered bullshit where the person who wrote it didn't even read the subtype, then you picked fucking Leap Attack, and the only reason you don't have Shocktrooper too is because you don't meet the pre-reqs. If I wanted to play in a game with fucking infinity damage chargers I wouldn't play in Tome games where that doesn't exist, and despite your desperate rejection of the concept, it is possible to play characters who don't do that.

So fine, you play your character, and I will play my character, but my character will spend literally every single fucking action he can making your character as miserable as possible, right down to killing him off, because fuck you and your bullshit ubercharger build. I don't want to play in a fucking TO game where all monsters have an HP of 1 because you charge does infinity damage.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Fine. Fuck it. Because Kaelik's got his fucking knickers in a knot about a barbarian, I'm going to write up a necromancer, to complete the "non-caster need not apply" party. Because apparently a charge against one target for 6d6+12 is crazy insane, but being a wizard able to hit a battlefield for 5d6 isn't.

I'll have a Hick's Dread Necromancer done up by tomorrow so we can play whenever Maglag gets back.

edit: disregard numbers, I suck cocks and cannot math. 12d6 a turn is admittedly stupid.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

I think you sort of missed the point. It's not "non-casters need not apply", it's a combination of "Not actually playing a Tome character" combined with "Shock Trooper Leap Attacking Barbarians are fucking silly".
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

1) EDIT: Wholly shit you figured out math.

2) It isn't about being a caster, it is about specifically choosing the one type of martial that isn't supported by Tome. Blitz lets people move and full attack, Archers get all kinds of stuff, Whirlind lets you attack everyone, Reach lets you be in range, but you picked only ubercharger.

3) Bringing a fucking minion mancer with a pile of minions is at least as bad.
Last edited by Kaelik on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

No, I get it. Even if I wasn't mathing the dice on Leap Attack+Barbarian Rage Dice+Greatsword right, I was told "no tome feats for flaws," in a context that said Fiend et al. was also verbotten, so I took Product of Celestial Dalliance for first level, a tome feat I would point out, and speculatively took a feat that gave my ranged attacks bonus dice.

And then I had to figure out what the fuck to take for the flaw feats, because 3.5 barbarian feats are pointless.

But whatever, it's a caster party. I'll bring the skeletons.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak wrote:so I took Product of Celestial Dalliance for first level, a tome feat I would point out
You would be wrong.
Prak wrote:But whatever, it's a caster party. I'll bring the skeletons.
Yeah, please don't. Please don't pick a class that is fucking worthless without an army of minions, because then you will demand you always get to have your army of minions with you, and spoiler alert, armies of minions suck dick to play with. Especially the ones that are individually the same level as the party, but you have lots of them. And you literally just got told that carting around a bunch of fucking archers was going to slow us down.

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Just an heads up that my net connection died horribly and I'm trying to ressurect it but it'll probably be only back this weekend. Posting this from a friend's house.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kaelik, that was the fucking point.

But do tell, what would you like me to play?

edit:
Kaelik wrote:
Prak wrote:so I took Product of Celestial Dalliance for first level, a tome feat I would point out
You would be wrong.
And yet Maglag doesn't want me using a flaw feat slot to pick up Wings of Evil at fifth.

When you say "tome feat" you obviously mean "scaling feat." Don't do that. It's dumb. There are a lot of tome feats that don't scale.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

I shall be able to fill in a missing hole in a group if that is desired.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak wrote:Kaelik, that was the fucking point.
Wait, so the point was to trollerdog everyone with a minion army and make everyone hate you as punishment for not letting you play the Barbarian you already agreed was stupid?
Prak wrote:When you say "tome feat" you obviously mean "scaling feat." Don't do that. It's dumb. There are a lot of tome feats that don't scale.
No, I mean a feat that was in the goddam Tomes. Not a feat written by some random asshole with not a single other credit to their name, and definitely not a feat that, when it was originally created was explained as:

Product of Celestial Dalliance
One of your recent ancestors was an angel or from a good-aligned plane. Maybe your parents play it off as a virgin birth, maybe your dad became a Saint.
You may take any [Celestial] feat, Resistance 5 to Acid, Cold, Electricity, one of the Celestial subtypes (I don't care enough to look them up), and a Smite Evil attack usable at will that does bonus damage equal to 1/2 of your strength modifier.
*** quasi-balanced against an extra bite attack

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kaelik wrote:
Prak wrote:Kaelik, that was the fucking point.
Wait, so the point was to trollerdog everyone with a minion army and make everyone hate you as punishment for not letting you play the Barbarian you already agreed was stupid?
No, the point was to trollerdog you for pitching such a fit over my barbarian for one valid reason and several bullshit ones.
Prak wrote:When you say "tome feat" you obviously mean "scaling feat." Don't do that. It's dumb. There are a lot of tome feats that don't scale.
No, I mean a feat that was in the goddam Tomes. Not a feat written by some random asshole with not a single other credit to their name, and definitely not a feat that, when it was originally created was explained as:

Product of Celestial Dalliance
One of your recent ancestors was an angel or from a good-aligned plane. Maybe your parents play it off as a virgin birth, maybe your dad became a Saint.
You may take any [Celestial] feat, Resistance 5 to Acid, Cold, Electricity, one of the Celestial subtypes (I don't care enough to look them up), and a Smite Evil attack usable at will that does bonus damage equal to 1/2 of your strength modifier.
*** quasi-balanced against an extra bite attack
Oh for fucksake. It's a fucking palette swap of Product of Infernal Dalliance.

edit: Alright, feats changed, abilities and skills tweaked. Hopefully a demoralizer build is ok with you, Kaelik-sama?
Last edited by Prak on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Going with Totemist:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=554569

Name: Rambutan

Totemist
HP: 50
AC:

str 10
dex 16 +3
con 14 +2
int 10
wis 10
cha 17 +3

Defending Punch Dagger
Chitin carapace of arrow deflection
Disease immunity

Feats
-Danger Sense
+0: You get a +3 bonus on Initiative checks.
+1: For the purpose of Search, Spot, and Listen, you are always considered to be "actively searching". You also get Uncanny Dodge.

-Lightning Reflexes
+0: You gain a +3 bonus to your Reflex saves.
+1: You gain Evasion, if you already have Evasion, that stacks to Improved Evasion.

-

Basic Totems
-Krenshar: Screech causes target within Short Range to be panicked for a d4 rounds if they fail a Will save. This is a [Sonic] [Mind Affecting] [Fear] Effect.

-Corollax: Rainbow colors shoot off into a Short Ranged Cone. Creatures in the cone must make a Will save or be stunned for 1d2 rounds. This is a [Mind Affecting] [Pattern].

-Harpoon Spider: A soul harpoon is sent after an enemy within Short Range. Ranged Touch Attack. On a hit, the target suffers d8 Force damage and must make a Fortitude save or be drawn as many
squares towards the Totemist as the totemist feels like dragging them (as if bullrushed).

-Carrion Crawler: Touch forces target to make a Fortitude save or be paralyzed for a minute.

-Dark Mantle: As darkness, but all light is blocked and it provides complete concealment. Or 3e darkness if you prefer.

-Rainbow colors shoot off into a Short Ranged Cone. Creatures in the cone must make a Will save or be stunned for 1d2 rounds. This is a [Mind Affecting] [Pattern]

-Ankheg: Spit soul acid out to Short Range. Ranged Touch Attack. Inflicts d4 Acid damage/level and on the Totemist's next turn will inflict a similar amount unless the acid has been doused with vinegar or beer or something in the meantime.

Better Totems

-Manticore: The Totemist launches a number of spikes of soul energy as their Level distributed between one or more targets within Medium Range. Each spike inflicts 1d6 damage.

-Unicorn: Heal a touched target by 1d6/level and remove any poisons they are afflicted with.

-Winter Wolf: The Totemist breathes a cone of Cold out to Short Range. It inflicts d6/level Cold Damage, with Reflex save for half damage.

-Pegasus: Totemist gains a 90' Flight Speed with Good Maneuverability for the next 4 rounds. Activating this is a Swift Action.
With the unicorn totem I can heal and remove poison every 4 rounds (with 1 minute to set totem outside of combat). Might switch out the manticore totem as it's just ranged damage and half the party seems to be melee that out damages it.

Need to finish skill selection and finalize feats n' magic items.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak wrote:Oh for fucksake. It's a fucking palette swap of Product of Infernal Dalliance.
It is a palette swap that gives you literally every single thing you would get for taking Fiendish + Lay On Hands too. Or + Aura of Menace or +Movement Speed.

Or you can be an angel and be a Yugoloth + Cold Immunity + Protection from Evil.

Literally every single Celestial version is a Fiendish version + something huge on top of that.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Capn, have you ever read the Tomes? I ask because you have Power attack as a feat.

And no tome feats.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Okay, character more or less complete. I'll think of a backstory.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=530736
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Kaelik wrote:Capn, have you ever read the Tomes? I ask because you have Power attack as a feat.

And no tome feats.
Yes. Probably should have taken a re-look at Races of War, I take it there's a scaling Power Attack in there? Or is there a buried option where Power Attack is free for everyone?
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Power Attack and Combat Expertise are options available to everyone in Tome.

RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

So I think there's too many people now for me to be comfortable playing. 7 is kind of a ridiculously fuckhuge group.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

I won't be playing this game.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

So what, we have:
Valzeller, Male Feytouched Soulborn (played by yours truly)
Malakar, Male Air Genasi Kaelik Wizard (played by Kaelik)
Buff Drinklots, Male Human Psychic Warrior (played by CapnTthePirateG)
Zeph, Male Human Elemental Siphon (played by radthemad4)
Baragos, Male Wood Elf Barbarian/Furious Rager (played by Prak)
Rambutan, Male Human Totemist (played by OgreBattle)

since RelentlessImp is probably dropping out now?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

So what I'm hearing is that I can drop those 2 feats and grab 2 tome feats?
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I think 6 is still pushing it, and it looks like there are at least three different kinds of game that people think they are playing based on the character sheets.

I think it would probably be best if Maglag picked the four or five character he thinks best approximate what he wants from the game (keeping Imp in the running perhaps), at the very least then those people playing will know the DM actually wants to run approximately the type of game they do, and there won't be too many people.

At which point, those people excluded won't waste their time on a game that isn't going to end well because people have a very different idea of what game is going to be played, and it won't be a 7 person slog either.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'm cool with whatever. If you have too many players I'll drop out, I'm cool with that choosing method too though.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).