[LP] The Riddling Reaver!

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

'No Minotaur-named locales I can think of,' says Dappa, 'but there is the Parrot-in-a-Cage Inn on Flint Way. Here...' He scrawls briefly on a parchment and hands it over. 'I've marked some locations I feel are pertinent. If there are no more questions, I can take you to the Academy forthwith.'

Also, here's a pic of Dappa.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Dappa looks like an asshole. Is the axe a two-handed weapon. I was wondering if Dirk can use the shield. He also dons the mail corselet.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Dirk O'Killitwithfire dons and wonders the same as his fellow Dirk.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Sir Puppykicker just grabs and dons a piece of each type of equipment offered. If nothing else, that silk cloak looks like it may be worth some cash. Since the baroness isn't willing to provide the expenses, he'll see if he can find a good place to sell it later.
Last edited by SGamerz on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Dr_Noface wrote:Dappa looks like an asshole.
Well, he is fourteen.

All of your melee weapons are shield-compatible. The bows require both hands free, though.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Willie wears the corselet as well. He turns to Sir Puppykicker.

"Man, we must be looking really funny now. A pair of mailed Ape Men."
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Bajinga addresses the Baroness. "Can you give us an official letter to requisition stuff for the needs of the barony? Having saved Allansia several times over between us, we can probably acquire a barrel ourselves, but we can't afford to rent out a ship at the academy if it's even allowed, and we'd rather not get into trouble with the law.

"Speaking of which, there's a guy locked up in the guardhouse shouting he's innocent, who might be, idunno, a captain of the guard locked in by the Reaver ironically. Can you check up if he's legit?"
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

'I have anticipated your request,' says Dappa, drawing another parchment forth to display. As the Lady departs to check on this prisoner, Dappa leads you down the Brine Road to your destination.

On your way, you pass a guard patrol, who salute you respectfully.

The Nautical Academy of Kallamehr is an ancient and decrepit building. It is perched dangerously close to the cliff, and you wonder what prevents it from sliding into the sea! Robed children career noisily in and out of the large entrance and lean out of windows. At the top of the building is an ancient weathervane in the form of a ship. Perched precariously on this is a grubby youngster who attracts your attention by lobbing loose bits of tile at you.

SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Sir Puppykicker glowers。 ”Children," he grumbles, narrowly dodging a stray roof tile coming his way, "they're almost as bad as puppies. I ain't seen one that doesn't deserve a good kick."

He looks up at the weathervane, raising one hand above his eyes to shield them from the sun. "Well, if that's the ship we're looking for, we may be saving a lot of trouble. C'mon let's get in there and talk to whomever that's in charge about "borrowing" their weathervane."

He heads for the entrance in measured strides, keeping a sharp eyes on the children above in case more roof tiles come his way.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Kids these days," Dirk O'Killitwithfire remarks as he follows his puppy-kicking comrade, both in heading towards the school and in keeping a sharp lookout for anything the children might throw. "No respect for their elders, let alone their heroes. The teacher must not be using the rod enough. But as much as I have to agree with Sir Puppykicker that they deserve a good spanking, we've got bigger and better things to take care of."
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Shaking his head in disbelief at the sight, Willie follows his comrades.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

"You do know that was the very first piece of recorded writing ever discovered, right? Adults complaining about the state of the youth nowadays. This is par for the course."

Manstaff knows the value of festooning himself in as much gear as he can and puts it all on. He keeps an eye open for people who seem unusually attentive. It wasn't paranoia if they were really out to get you.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Dirk will circle the school, searching for traps, while keeping a war eye on the possibly evil children.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Those who enter the school discover that the building contains only a single enormous classroom, filled with decaying desks and musty books and charts. It is in an uproar. Rival groups of pupils seem to be conducting mass warfare against one another, and soon you are embroiled in a battlefield of water-bombs, ink-pellets, peas, and other more unsavoury missiles. Slumped on a desk at the front of the class is the portly shape of the teacher. He is caked in dust and is clutching a half-eaten apple with what appears to be a note tied to its stem.

Dappa calls for order, but all he manages is to draw fire. He flees outside under a hail of rotten fruit and spitballs.

Those examining the outside do find a few traps, mostly intended to discomfort and humiliate the unwary. The elaborate exterior would be relatively easy to climb, but the roof appears to be in poor shape, and it is occupied by young hellions who seem both willing and able to make use of their defensible position.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Willie makes his way towards the teacher and reads the note, after checking it for obvious traps.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

The note reads: 'To Sir, from yore beluvved pueples.'
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Leaning forward to read the note in Willie's hand, Sir Puppykicker scowls. "Is he dead or just passed out?" he inquires, as he pulls the slumped body of the teacher upright to examine him more closely. "I wouldn't put it past this lot to put something lethal in that apple." Almost absently, he picks up the half-eaten apple with his other hand and stuff it inside his backpack. Whatever is in that apple, it must be fairly potent stuff if half of it is sufficient to take a full-grown man down.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

"I'm not sure." Willie checks the teacher's breathing and/or pulse, if he knows that stuff. "But we should eventually take that apple to a healer, so as to determine what kind of poison, if any, it contains."

Does the teacher have any keys in his possession? Willie searches him.

Also, is there a staircase leading up?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

The teacher appears to be in a profound state of unconsciousness, but he is still breathing; indeed he begins to snore as you stir him. His pockets contain only chalk and lint.

There are the vague remnants of a staircase, as well as of an upper floor, but it looks as though the building has been functioning as a mere shell for years, if not decades.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Heh," Dirk remarks to his fellow party members (softly enough that only they can hear him), "it looks like we're going to have to either talk or force our way past the brats on the ceiling, and to be honest I wouldn't mind doing either."
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Willie similarly replies: "Hmm. A distraction perhaps? Some of us can create one on one side of the exterior, and the more agile of us can scale the opposite wall and grab the ship."
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Sir Puppykicker glares at chaos around the room. "I say we grab one of them little twist and hang him by the ankle over the cliff outside until he promises to climb up and fetch that ship for us." he growls.
Last edited by SGamerz on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

"I could try a spell of illusion; but if you gents would like to give it a try, I wouldn't begrudge you your share of glory."

He glances to the apple.

"Alternately, we could try feeding those brats a slice of the apple each."
Last edited by Silent Wayfarer on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

"Fine by me, go ahead. Let's get back outside and tell the others first." Willie walks back out and informs the others of the plan.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Possible plan hole: Illusion in this book only fools one being per casting.

If everyone's on board with the distraction plan, I just need to know what the illusion is of, and who's making the climb.